EmoTrance manages to illustrate without pretentiousness the quintessence of energy psychology—Haus Casser
When an alternative therapy is introduced in these terms, you pretty much know what to expect, and the EmoTrance website, from which the above quotes are taken, provides few surprises. Like most CAM sites, it is heavily geared towards a target market of uncritical cranks and flakes, and makes free use of jargon like "energy modalities" and "energy body" with no real attempt to ground its assertions in any scientific framework. This is unsurprising since one of the theory's core tenets is the belief that "People make decisions based not on logic, but on emotions".
The theory and technique of EmoTrance were created by "Doctor" Silvia Hartmann, who also works in NLP and EFT. Despite being referred to as Dr. Silvia Hartmann throughout her websites, Hartmann does not appear to hold any genuine academic credentials, aside from the "Doctorate In Energy" she awarded herself at the Universal Life Church.
The Wikipedia page for Silvia Hartmann was deleted first in August 2008 for 'blatant advertising' and then again in June 2013 due to low notability, and problems relating to it being a fringe theory, where reference was also made to EmoTrance as not being technically created by Hartmann as she simply expanded on someone else's work.
- Haus Casser, "EmoTrance - The Quintessence of Energy Psychology", review of Silvia Hartmann's Oceans of Energy at EmoTrance.com.
- Silvia Hartmann, "What Is EmoTrance?", EmoTrance.com.
- Silvia Hartman, "The EmoTrance Primer", EmoTrance.com.
- Silvia Hartmann, "A Doctorate In Energy", SilviaHartmann.com.
- Say no to counseling, kids, but yes to healing by Adi Bloom (13 November 2009) TES Newspaper (Archive.org copy June 20, 2012).