| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
He believes that global elites are running the world, that United States leaders are part of a secret rings of child abusers who practice satanic worship, and other debunked theories.
He has repeatedly demonstrated dramatic, erratic behavior, an inability to conform to societal norms, and an unwillingness to appreciate the consequences of his actions.
He abides by his own belief system, acts accordingly regardless of the criminal consequences, and brings others along with him.His ability and willingness to conform his behavior to pre-trial supervision conditions appears to be virtually nil.
|—U.S. Attorney's Office memorandum charging Chansley with two felonies for his actions in the 2021 U.S. Capitol riot|
Jake Angeli (real name: Jacob Anthony Angeli Chansley) (1987–) is a
serial LARPer conspiracy theorist and QAnon protest figure from Phoenix, Arizona. He is known by the nom de plume QAnon Shaman (usually shortened to Q Shaman), due to being a self-proclaimed "shaman". In practice, this means appearing in public wearing elaborate costumes and screaming about Satan-worshipping pedophiles controlling the world (i.e., Pizzagate). Other nicknames for him include "QAnon the Barbarian" and "Vanilla the Hun".
He first gained infamy in the fact-checker community for his frequent appearances at protests, usually pro-Trump or anti-lockdown, where he would appear wearing a "Shaman dress" which consists of a coyote-fur headdress with bovine horns and red-white-and-blue facepaint. He is also tattooed with several Norse mythological and religious symbols (e.g., a large Asatru Mjöllnir) popular among the neopagan far-right, despite being a Christian, but for the general public, he would get his big break during the Capitol Riot.
Participation in the Capitol insurrection attempt
Angeli suddenly found himself thrust into the mainstream spotlight when he participated in the 2021 U.S. Capitol riot, where he was photographed storming into the U.S. Capitol dressed in full regalia and armed with a spear[WTF?!]. He was promptly listed by the D.C. police as a person-of-interest due to not bothering to hide his identity, and was arrested on federal charges of "knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds".
Betrayal by his own tribe
After being swiftly identified and arrested by authorities, Angeli was subsequently thrown under the bus by his fellow QAnoners and Trump supporters. Many of them were quick to accuse him of being an Antifa agent provocateur (based on cropped down pictures from a BLM protest, which he was actually protesting against; the cropping left out his QAnon sign) because that obviously wouldn't have helped the far-right cover their asses and maintain their "moral high ground" when they got caught), despite all evidence pointing to the contrary. Angeli was not amused.
Life behind the costume
When not wearing his super-shaman getup, in real life Angeli is actually just a broflake and failed actor who still lives with his mother at age 33, and went on a hunger strike in jail because the guards would not feed him organic food. Crying about it seems to have worked, and he will reportedly be fed his special-needs diet.
In an 18-page briefing against releasing Chansley on bail, the prosecutors argued that the coup plotters intended to capture and assassinate government officials based on a note that Chansley left on Vice President Mike Pence's desk that stated, "It’s only a matter of time, justice is coming." Prosecutors also presented as evidence of mental instability and further against bail, a partial transcript from one of Chansley's YouTube videos:
“”So in order to beat this evil occultic force you need a light occultic force you need an occultic force that is of the side of God of love on like almost like on the side of the Angels OK as opposed to the demons all right and so as a shaman I am like a multi-dimensional or hyper-dimensional being okay I am able to perceive multiple different frequencies of light beyond my five senses and it allows me to see into these other higher dimensions that these entities these pedophiles these rapists these murderers these really high up people that they almost like hide in the shadows in nobody can see that because the third eye ain't open okay and that's where things like fluoride and stuff like that comes in so the horns the horns are hey man you mess with the Buffalo you get the horns bro and if you ever tried messing with the Buffalo that doesn't work out too well for many people this right here this is coyote skin according to the Navajo the coyote is like the trickster almost like almost like a benevolent force so I'm wearing the skin of the trickster I got two tails here okay so the trickster messed with the bull got the horns okay and the face paint is representative of the Native American tradition of like donning on warpaint of some sort only this is only this is a war that is of like a spiritual nature okay so because it's a war of a spiritual nature you need symbolism okay in the symbolism here for me is you got the blood on the sign the bullet holes Q sent me this shows the the the secret war in the behind the scene. Hey if you don’t know who Q is Q is the highest levels of the military in the intelligence community disseminating above top secret information to pay attention to the republic so we can take our country back from globalists and communists and satanists.
- 2021 U.S. Capitol riot
- Alex Jones, another far-right conspiracy nut who was involved in the Capitol insurrection
- Bill Chappell, U.S. Says Rioters At Capitol Aimed 'To Capture And Assassinate Elected Officials'. NPR, 15 January 2021.
- United States Department of Justice, Statement of facts, Jacob Anthony Chansley, 8 January 2021.
- Rich Schapiro and Michael Kosnar, Capitol rioter in horned hat gloats as feds work to identify suspects. NBC News, 7 January 2021.
- Jake Angeli: The story behind the horned Arizona protester in the Capitol unrest. kvoa.com, 7 January 2021.
- United States Department of Justice, Three Men Charged in Connection with Events at U.S. Capitol, 9 January 2021.
- Trump supporters falsely claim a far-right activist at the US Capitol is actually a member of 'Antifa', Business Insider, January 7, 2021
- The 'Q Shaman' who stormed the Capitol is upset Trump supporters are claiming he's 'Antifa' in disguise Yahoo! News, January 11, 2011
- The man in the center with the fur hat and painted face is a QAnon believer from Arizona named Jake Angeli. He was a small-time actor, voice over artist, and singer before he joined the movement. Here's a photo of him out of costume. by Nick Martin (11:40 AM - 6 Jan 2021) Twitter (archived from 6 Jan 2021 23:03:03 UTC).
- Horned Capitol rioter is ‘failed actor and QAnon conspiracy theorist who lives with his mother’ — report, Independent, 10 January, 2021
- Shirtless, Horned Capitol Rioter Jake Angeli Demands Organic Food In Jail: He has refused to eat nonorganic food, claiming he requires a shamanic diet. by Ed Mazza (01/12/2021 03:38 am ET) Huffington Post.
- Q Shaman to be fed organic diet, FoxNews.
- Rioters wanted to ‘capture and assassinate’ lawmakers, prosecutors say. A note left by the 'QAnon Shaman' is evidence. by Teo Armus (Jan. 15, 2021 at 3:53 a.m. PST) The Washington Post.
- United States of America, plaintiff, vs. Jacob Anthony Chansley, a.k.a. “Jacob Angeli,”Defendant. by Michael Bailey & Kristen Brook (Filed 01/14/21) United States Court for the District of Arizona.