Michael L. Brown
- This article is about the Bible-thumping homophobe. If you are looking for an article about the teenager shot in 2014 by Ferguson police, you might have better luck at Wikipedia
Michael L. Brown is a Bible-thumping homophobe who regularly contributes to Townhall.com and serves as Head of the Coalition of Conscience, a small group of Christian Fundamentalists. His main focus is his obsession with homosexuality and gay marriage, where he pretends to feel persecuted by gay activists. He's also a "Messianic Jew".
- "First, gay activists came out of the closet;
- Second, they demanded their “rights”;
- Third, they demanded that everyone recognize those “rights”;
- Fourth, they want to strip away the rights of those who oppose them;
- Fifth, they want to put those who oppose their “rights” into the closet."
Brown does not believe homosexuality is an "immutable" and "innate" characteristic of someone's personality. He also says he prays for transsexuals because Brown thinks they're just confused. Brown believes that "demons" are responsible for homosexuality (as well as porn and drug addiction) and if gays are freed of demonic influence they will become heterosexuals. Brown is slightly more clever than the average homophobe because he preempts the fact he will be called out for his homophobia by pointing out that anyone with half a brain will call him out on it, and he believes this proves him correct that he's persecuted. While most normal people would see this as Brown's twisted way of creating a catch-22 for gay activists, who have to either let him get away with his homophobia or point it out and make him look like the "victim", it appears to be viewed as genuine proof by fellow wingnuts that he's not homophobic.
"The war is on against people of conscience and people of faith who do not affirm homosexual practice, no matter how loving and fair-minded they may be."
"...the battle lines have been drawn, the enemy is taking ground, and many of us hardly realize that the war is on. The devil is moving forward with energy and aggression. What in the world are we doing?" -Brown on gay marriage