There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Going One God Further|
|Articles to not believe in|
Sean Michael Carroll (1966–) is an American theoretical physicist, specializing in gravitation, cosmology, and field theory. His recent research concerns quantum mechanics and cosmology on one and entropy and complexity on the other. He is currently a research professor at the California Institute of Technology. Carroll is an outspoken atheist and science popularizer. He is the author of a student-friendly textbook titled Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity aimed at beginning graduate students (and advanced undergraduates). He is also known for his blog, Cosmic Variance, though other people also blog there.
He should not be confused with Sean B. Carroll, a biologist who also does excellent skeptical work.
- Carroll, Sean (2003). Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity. ISBN 0-8053-8732-3. His famous textbook.
- Carroll, Sean (2010). From Eternity To Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time. ISBN 0-525-95133-4. He explains the arrow of time.
- Carroll, Sean (2012). The Particle at the End of the Universe: How the Hunt for the Higgs Boson Leads Us to the Edge of a New World. ISBN 0-525-95359-0. He describes the hunt for and discovery of the Higgs boson at the Large Hadron Collider at CERN.
- Carroll, Sean (2016). The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself. ISBN 0-5259-5482-1. He introduces his philosophy of poetic naturalism.
- His research publication list, from the INSPIRE-HEP digital library.
- Research. The Preposterous Universe. Accessed January 27, 2019. This is Carroll's blog.
- Faculty. Walter Burke Institute for Theoretical Physics, California Institute of Technology. Accessed January 27. 2019.
- Daniel Finley. Post-Use Review. Spacetime and Geometry: An Introduction to General Relativity. American Journal of Physics. Volume 72, Number 798. 2005.