Nice. Personally I don't mind seeing video game articles here, even if they do complement this site's mission pretty well. On that note, how long until we get an article on Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? (Or even the Civ series as a whole?) Chair tater (talk) 11:07, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- I can sort of see Alpha Centauri's missionality, but you'll have to explain Civilization a bit. Vulpius (talk) 11:28, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
- I've long been thinking that an article on the Deus Ex series wouldn't hurt, since the games cover almost every conspiracy theory out there. --Paul S (talk) 16:34, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
Any Objectivist reaction?
- I'm sure it exists somewhere, though not here. Our coverage of BioShock was more of an afterthought, albeit a decent one. By which I mean, BioShock was like a decade old when we even included it in our analysis of Objectivism here. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 22:09, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
How's this missional?
- The Bioshock series does have a fair amount of social commentary contained within. General commentary on objectivism and racialism are certainly relevant to the RW mission, and the series does explore these topics. In my opinion, discussion of fictional properties in articles is a good idea so long as those properties explore themes related to our mission or have otherwise attracted attention related to our mission (for example, the moral panics surrounding D&D and Harry Potter). Samstr (talk) 02:52, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, Bioshock is just one giant shot at Ayn Rand (Andrew Ryan) and objectivism in general. Which is great, video games should experiment with moral philosophical premises. Doublethink (talk) 20:50, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
Joseph Bazalgette and Bioshock
Who pays for creating and maintaining the infrastructure (and 'I'm not paying for the neighbour's brats' oxygen)? How soon would life become 'nasty, unpleasant and short' - and NATO/the Soviets etc might well turn around and say 'you want protection from pirates, global warming, workers deciding to do nowt, Krakens and whoever else - you pay for it.' Anna Livia (talk) 15:59, 14 December 2018 (UTC)