Article says that transsexuals are supported by science and this isn't, when this is a thing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_dysphoria You are part of the problem with your cis-species privilege! Thedoctor81 (talk) 13:20, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
- The page lacks any credible sources
This page needs more critical analysis
The article does a fine job of documenting otherkin culture, but not enough  criticizing how truly irrational otherkin are and  explaining why the constant comparisons between otherkin (and more extreme -kin, think the "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" parody) and trans people are flawed. oʇɐʇoԀʇɐϽʎzznℲ (talk/stalk) 00:10, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
- That, and it obviously needs a psychiatric angle. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 00:36, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
- This be some woo nonsense. Reverend Black Percy (talk) 01:04, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
My critical analysis is that with our identity being little more than a convenient mental and social construct, both otherkin and anti-otherkin are not even wrong when making absolute essentialist claims about their and others' 'innate' identities. Personally, I think sexually identifying as an attack helicopter sounds awesome. :) 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:43, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
- I sexually identify as the jet from Count Zero book.--Kugelschreiber (talk) (mail) (block) 16:46, 2 May 2016 (UTC) 16:46, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
Why did we think it was a good idea to add an image of a man who committed suicide?
[[File:StalkingCat.jpg|thumb]] This man committed suicide in 2012. The image was added in 2016 by BoggleYourMind. We really should remove this image from this wiki if all we are going to do is snark at a dead man; who isn't even otherkin.
Maybe someone tell BoggleYourMind "How in the world did you think that this was a good idea???".
- Maybe BoggleYourMind didn't realise he'd committed suicide, I've deleted the image. Christopher (talk) 07:43, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. I going to have to inform BoggleYourMind to be more careful. ClickerClock (talk) 07:44, 3 June 2017 (UTC)
Wow, that Trans and Otherkin section...
It reads like an AltRight seminar. Holy shit. It reminds me of how TERFs dismiss trans people, and how certain gay people denigrate trans people as drag-queens. I smell far right tampering. I'm going to remove that section for now to draw attention to it. It's borderline TERF-esque hate speech. Is that okay to have on RationalWiki?
Plus, on top of that, it cites the trans-misogynistic pseudoscience as a way to validate trans above otherkin. However, that pseudoscience makes my trans partner deeply uncomfortable as it pushes heteronormativity which is anti-trans by its very nature. That section doesn't make RationalWiki look good, and if we are going to keep it then can a good argument be made for a section which promotes both trans and otherkin prejudice?