Talk:The Golden One
On the topic of kidnapping
At no point in the cited source does the golden one call for physically holding the woman down. The only thing he says is that one should not back down on letting wife or girlfriend out at night in those areas. You would think that the consequence for not obeying is weakened trust in the relatinship. The idea that this is encouragement of violence/kidnapping is far fetched at best, and seems to be @Tyrone8934's personal interpretation on how women should be treated. Glor (talk) 20:48, 3 March 2019 (UTC)
This article is shit.
I know rational usually ridicules the hell out of people who disagree with them on articles, but this is just willfully misrepresenting his views. I mean good god that was cancerous. Can I nominate this shit show for deletion ? — Unsigned, by: Rave Dubin / talk / contribs 12:48, 21 March 2019
- Technically you can. but it's rather unlikely anyone will agree to delete it. — Dysk (contribs) 13:26, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
This is the first article I have read on your site and it will be my last. You liberals are sheep and far from rational.— Unsigned, by: 2600:1012:b01c:f305:8d9f:94d9:d2ed:3662 / talk
- "But I thought this was supposed to be RATIONALWiki!" Drink! Queexchthonic murmurings 23:47, 7 March 2022 (UTC)
Sheep are known to be stupid, but is this really true? People often think that because sheep have a strong flocking instinct, they have no ability to think independently. This is why human cult followers and the like are often referred to as “sheep“ or “sheeple“.
The fact of the matter is, sheep travel in flocks and stick together as a defense mechanism. This behavior has nothing to do with their intelligence. When casually observed in a peaceful pastoral setting, sheep actually exhibit the ability to solve problems, build lasting relationships, defend their friends and display signs of sorrow when those friends are taken off to slaughter.
This article is really really bad
He made a response and that will probably draw people to this site. This page is not our best work and mainly just insults the man instead of arguing against his points, we should try to be better than ad hominem attacks. Commie Lib (talk) 06:30, 29 August 2019 (UTC)
- This article's history has been very tumultuous from the start, particularly with that Tyrone guy, who created it, whittling away my benefit of doubt. This article has racked up quite a bit of criticism and right now, can't tell if some are legitimate or not. I can't say the article on a whole mainly just insults him, though. I haven't examined the sources, however, as one criticism accused this article of misrepresenting his views. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 00:16, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- Not knowing anything about this person, I did a few searches. Apparently in 2017 or earlier this guy made a pretty gross antisemitic video post (this is sort of noted in the RW article already), and the article on that leads to an archived Mediaite article where this guy for some reason endorses David Duke for the 2016 Louisiana Senate race (!). Marcus Follin was also mentioned in The New York Times in an article on how some members of the alt-right are recognizing that their open misogyny repels women, and want to tone things down in a "traditional wife" way. There's also an article out there describing Follin as a devotee of Guillaume Faye, who as a prominent member of the identitarian movemnet tended to be influential among those who believe in The Great Replacement nonsense.
- So, the article could be better (I get the impression of a bodybuilding woo bro who is a uber-Nordic nationalist living in a fantasy warrior world of his own imagination) if we cared enough about this guy (he doesn't seem terribly notable). But it's "in a sort of right direction" from my perspective.
- I do wonder if he's mellowed out a little of late. Many of the worst of his opinions in archive.org, whopper Youtube titles like "SHAME! Shame on the low-energy cucks who disavowed Richard Spencer" seem to have been removed. His YouTube is still very manosphere-oriented, he is still much obsessed with "pornography addiction", "Thumos Chads" (?!), testosterone, and other manly-manness topics, and he still has some occasional poor hot takes reminiscent of Joe Rogan style ignorance. But, while I don't know if this is more because of events like him being demonetized in 2019, or because he changed his ideas a little (or both), I get the impression these days that he's not sticking up for Tara McCarthy types like he used to. PanGalacticGargleBlaster (talk) 01:59, 8 March 2022 (UTC)
Greetings, RationalWiki users. Does anyone have the source of The Golden One's dullest Skyrim "let's play"? Since it is mentioned in the first paragraph, it must be something of considerable biographical importance, so there needs to be a reference to it. Genoskill (talk) 17:47, 28 March 2020 (UTC)
Jewish conspiracy claim
Hello authors, I stumbled on this article and I was wondering if there is a real source for him claiming there is a conspiracy of Jews against him. There is one source on the claim and its a dead link. An archive replacement of the claim should be linked if it exists, if not thats not exactly a great thing to publish about someone without a source. A quick search of his channel with the word "jew" brings up results for witches, deadlifts, and assassins creed, but nothing about Jews or even Judaism. — Unsigned, by: 220.127.116.11 / talk
As the one who added it, it was from one of his videos, in response to Contra Points on terms of "Degeneracy" which has been taken down, it was titled "You are but a dog and I am your master!". In it, he (more or less) literally said "When somebody posts under your video, saying things like *Kill yourself degenerate!* do you really believe they are affiliated with me or that someone behind the curtains says *Here's a shekel for a good goy, now make his views look bad!* Doesn't really get any more explicit than that 2003:EE:CF2F:8312:9945:4A49:519A:481F (talk) 16:19, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- Here's a link to that video
- https://altcensored.com/watch?v=hygx_lgmwgc 2003:EE:CF3C:1D49:5CBA:3E8C:5D49:3455 (talk) 13:54, 17 July 2021 (UTC)