There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
The Washington Examiner is a right-wing political journal that is heavy on psychological projection and denialism. It could be thought of as Townhall.com's more "respectable" cousin, but even then, the site looks like a tabloid desperately trying to pass itself off as real news. It is common to see it used as a source among more extreme right-wingers who seem to like how proper the site pretends to be, despite Media Bias Fact Check stating that their factual reporting quality is mixed after failing numerous fact checks.
On science issues, the site is pretty abysmal. Global warming denialism is rampant, as is myths about DDT bans and other anti-environmentalist rhetoric, leading to the site having a weird obsession with defending coal as being not all that damaging to the environment. Also, Barack Obama only beat Mitt Romney because of the damned liberal media, with implementing socialism being part of Obama's (and liberals) master plan. The site also appeals to railing for the "fuck you I got mine" sentiments of fiscal conservatives. Also, they regurgitate "IQ is hereditary" as a mud sling against their imaginary low-IQ alarmist strawmen. Basically the site is what you'd expect from a publication that makes most of its money from winding up wingnuts.
Until ceasing publication in 2013, the print version of the Examiner was given away to commuters at Washington, DC area subway stations, where its main competitor was the Washington Post Express.
- Washington Examiner at Media Bias Fact Check.
- R. Emmett Tyrrell, Charles Krauthammer against the global warming tyrants. Washington Examiner, 18 April 2014.
- Jay Ambrose, Jay Ambrose: The ban on DDT pesticide is war against humanity. Washington Examiner, 18 July 2007.
- Ashe Schow, Shocker: EPA official leaves for environmental group. Washington Examiner, 16 April 2014.
- Noemie Emery, The liberal media loved Obama to death. Washington Examiner, 9 October 2012.
- David Limbaugh, Socialism, not access to health care, is Obama's prize. Washington Examiner, 10 February 2014.
- Conn Carroll, Obama voters love socialism. Washington Examiner, 29 November 2012.
- Tiana Lowe, If you're considering not having kids because of global warming, then please don't; IQ is hereditary. Washington Examiner, 13 March 2019.
- Philip Wegmann, Turning Point USA struggles with allegations of student sexual assault, harassment. Washington Examiner, 20 June 2018.
- Matt Connolly, The Washington Examiner local news team says goodbye after eight years. Washington Examiner, 13 June 2013.
- The Washington Post Express itself stopped publishing in 2018.