| Not just a river in Egypt|
|♫ We're not listening ♫|
Bart Sibrel is a conspiracy theorist notable mostly for getting punched in the face by Buzz Aldrin. Sibrel has created two "documentary" movies alleging that the Moon landings were hoaxed and the astronauts only reached low Earth orbit.
- Sibrel appears in the notorious Fox TV special, Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?, which aired in 2001
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon, 2001
- Astronauts Gone Wild, 2004
Most of these are available on his personal YouTube account, but Sibrel has closed all comments on them.
Astronauts Gone Wild
Much in the style of James O'Keefe, Sibrel prefers to use deceptive and outright shameful tactics in order to catch astronauts doing compromising things so he can say "Gotcha!" In a video with Ed Mitchell, Sibrel challenges Mitchell to hit him so he can sue. In the case of Aldrin, he followed around and harassed him, calling him names to his face until Buzz had finally had enough.
AFTH is Sibrel's production company, so if you try following the original link to a video of the punching incident on YouTube and you get a message saying it was taken down because it contains content copyrighted by "AFTH LLC", you know who it is. ("AFTH" are the initials of A Funny Thing Happened.) Another version now shows "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Bart Sibrel."
In 2009, Sibrel got in trouble with the law over an incident of
road parking rage (he got on the hood of a car and jumped up and down several times). At that time he was working as a taxi driver, but there's no evidence suggesting he was wearing a mohawk.
- Moonmovie.com, Sibrel's website
- Clavius.org, as usual:
- No charges were filed
- The raw, unedited video of the incident. If Buzz had planted his back foot more firmly, he'd have had the sucker down, despite their difference in size; poor technique, sharpen up next time.
- Inside Story: Apollo Conspiracy Theorist Arrested After Tirade