|Christ died for|
our articles about
|Devil's in the details|
“”Please, Lord, Save Me From Your Followers.
Christophobia is the irrational fear or hatred of Christians. For whatever reason, the term hasn't really caught on as much as more verbose alternatives such as "anti-Christian bias". While prejudice against and persecution of Christians is real (especially in certain Christian-minority parts of the world like Muslim-majority northern Africa and the Middle East, as well as India, and East Asia), the word "Christophobia" is used unironically as a snarl word by some far-right western Christians with a persecution complex and (at most) only a passing familiarity with reality. There's probably a good overlap with the people who claim there's a liberal bias in the media.
In addition, some may also use the term (or some variant of it, such as "Christianityophobia") ironically, as a critique of the term "Islamophobia" and the problematic implications of the fact that it starts with "Islam-" and not "Muslim-".
Some examples of the sort of articles in which the word "Christophobia" is used:
It's hard not to notice that Christianity – and to a lesser extent Judaism – are the only religions under attack in the United States and Western culture (inasmuch as the latter can be called a culture anymore). Islam, Hinduism, Satanism, Atheism, Humanism and even Kawanzaaism,[sic] although that group meets only once a year at Christmas, are all allowed to flourish without political or legal molestation.
Yet the same 'progressives' who find 'homophobia' under every bed, and 'Islamophobia' around each corner, have never imagined the cancerous 'Christaphobia' that courses throughout their very own veins. Their narrow little minds won’t allow it. The poor sap with hateful halitosis is usually the last to know."[note 1]
When did it become only acceptable to believe one way, the secular humanist way? Is that the new state religion? Did an executive order come down from the Dictator Obama saying all citizens of the U.S. must deny the Bible, and now worship the state, or man, humanism?
There have been a number of recent cases where Christians are being treated less favourably than others. Nurses, grandparents, firemen, registrars, adoption agencies, care homes are all finding themselves in the firing line for nothing more than hold[sic] the same harmless beliefs that Christians have had for 2,000 years.
Legalize Jesus > is a Christian webzine and a movement to bring awareness to Christian persecution, THE WAR ON JESUS & Christophobia.
These guys at NBC are something else. Christophobes of the highest order. Christians should just boycott these clowns![note 2]
- ↑ I'll take "psychological projection" for $200, Alex.
- ↑ Christian persecution is unfortunately very real in some countries, but leaving out God from a pledge of allegiance is not a good example of this.
- ↑ Leftists and Islamists both want you to die for their cause by Craige McMillan (January 16, 2015 at 6:37pm) WND.
- ↑ BLTs, Hate Crimes, And Christaphobia J. Matt Barber (August 27, 2012 | 10:50am EDT) CNSNews.
- ↑ Huff Po has "Christaphobia" by Victoria Jackson (April 14, 2012) The Patriot Update (archived from April 15, 2012).
- ↑ 200 year old Christian charity reveals the "institutionalised Christaphobia" of UK's Brighton Council and the council backs down… (February 9, 2009) Values Voter News (archived from February 11, 2010).
- ↑ About. Legalize Jesus, Archived on 14 April 2018.
- ↑ NBC Omits "God" From the Pledge of Allegiance... Again! Legalize Jesus. Archived on 10 January 2015.