There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Competitive Enterprise Institute
| Not just a river in Egypt|
|♫ We're not listening ♫|
It was founded by lobbyist Fred Smith, and has been funded by a laundry list of bogeymen, such as Koch Industries, the Scaife Foundations, Exxon, Philip Morris, etc. Like any of the Beltway think tanks that spews vulgar libertarianism, they take quite a consistent line against any government regulation of their financial backers.
CEI is a major proponent of global warming denial, second-hand smoke denial, and denial of any science establishing that industrial activity can cause environmental damage. One of their adjuncts is the noted denialist shyster, Steve Milloy.
Cooler Heads Coalition
The "Competitive Enterprise Institute" put together something called the "Cooler Heads Coalition," which is basically a committee that takes the output of the bullshit factory that comprises various denialist think tanks and funnels it into a single propaganda outlet (their website) and hypes denialist petitions. Cooler heads try to obscure their connections to vested interests which stand to lose if fossil fuel use is regulated. They're linked to CFACT, the Heartland Institute and the Marshal Institute. 
Their website appears superficially like a genuine consumer organization and it can be hard for online enquirers to sort out who is behind what they browse.
Cooler Heads Coalition hosted lectures by "Climate Misinformer, Richard Lindzen" more than once.  Lindzen stands accused of ignoring vital parts of Scientific data that go against the Cooler Heads Coalition agenda.  Lindzen was also involved with the The Great Global Warming Swindle which tries unreasonably to deny Global warming.
They run an astroturf organization called Bureaucrash, which organizes libertarian "activists." Its communications director Lee Doren has a YouTube channel "HowTheWorldWorks," peddling laissez-faire talking points on the economy and environmental denialism.
Africa Fighting Malaria
- Heartland Institute A similar body
- Roger Bate, founder of AFM
- S. Fred Singer, occasionally shills for them
- Cooler Heads members: Americans for Tax Reform, FreedomWorks, George C. Marshall Institute, Heritage Foundation
- CEI site, Bureaucrash (Get some sweet Bureaucrash swag. Yay capitalism! What's your anti-gov?), Cooler Heads Coalition, Africa Fighting Malaria
- Sourcewatch entry, Bureaucrash entry, Cooler Heads Coalition entry, Africa Fighting Malaria entry
- Their tax returns (2007)
- Deep Climate's category
- Bug Girl: An Odd E-mail Campaign by Africa Fighting Malaria
- FactCheck: Scientist to CEI: "You used my research to confuse and mislead"
- Island of Doubt: CEI is still at it -- fighting reason
- Deltoid: Completely Evil Institute, CO2: We call it life, Al Gore: We call him fat, Rachel Carson smears, Rachel Carson telephone game, Africa Not Fighting Malaria, Africa Fighting Malaria's "Wedge Document"