| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Eric Ross Weinstein (1965–) is the managing director of Thiel Capital, Peter Thiel's personal investment firm, since 2015. He received his PhD in mathematical physics from the Mathematics Department at Harvard University in 1992.
Founder of the Intellectual Dark Web
Weinstein first coined the label "The Intellectual Dark Web" in a New York Times article by Bari Weiss, to describe a grouping of public intellectuals and conservative or centrist political pundits who could talk to each other and criticize "the far left". He was motivated when his brother Bret Weinstein retired from Evergreen University after a brief student protest. Since then the Intellectual Dark Web has arguably become increasingly hermetically sealed, and become a gateway to the alt-right.  Critics have called the network a giant myth of victimization disguised as a defense of free expression.
Conspiracy theories are a frequent element of Weinstein's stated opinions, both in connection to his career and in general. For example, Weinstein believes that his and his wife's efforts in economics, his own theories in physics, and his brother Bret's research in biology are of "Nobel quality" but have been excluded from mainstream peer reviewed channels by the nefarious scientific establishment.
For years as a mathematician he has said that he has some kind of theory of everything that will knock everyone out and overturn the field of physics, but he just can't publish it yet because the world isn't ready, and the information will only be suppressed.
In 2020, Weinstein published his much-hyped Oxford lecture of his Theory of Geometric Unity . It was met with silence and indifference among theoretical physicists and the scientific community at large. As of August 2020, Weinstein has not published any paper on his theory.
Bret Weinstein Deserved a Nobel Prize
Views on Truthers
Conspiratorial views on doctors
“”We have entered a period in which we cannot trust our experts....We have two generations of institutional experts that are corrupted and that we can not wake up from that crazy fever dream because we can't figure out who we can still trust. The doctors are compromised, the professors are compromised, the journalists are compromised, the politicians are compromised."
Wacky political views
Billy Bragg challenge
Weinstein challenged progressive musician Billy Bragg to bring him onto the stage of his next concert to debate him. Because, people who go to concerts with their dates would just love to hear the musician interrupt the show for a fifteen minute argument with some rando about what they talked about on Twitter.
Worried about fertility
Weinstein is worried about all the young women in their 20s and 30s who are not prioritizing
being a baby making machine motherhood. As a public intellectual he thinks breasts being sexy is essential to being human, and is annoyed with women who have PhDs who are called doctors even though they're not part of STEM like he is.
- For more about the boring parts of his history see Eric Weinstein on Wikipedia.
- "Meet the Renegades of the Intellectual Dark Web" by Bari Weiss, NYT, May 8, 2018
- "Study Shows How the ‘Intellectual Dark Web’ Is a Gateway to the Far Right" by EJ Dickson, Rolling Stone, August 28, 2019
- "How to test Weinstein's provocative theory of everything" by Jacob Aron (31 May 2013 ) New Scientist.
- "A Portal Special Presentation- Geometric Unity: A First Look"
- The Portal, Episode 19 (January 18, 2020.) At around 1:33:00 Bret starts to tell a 30 minute story about he was in line for a Nobel Prize, but was undermined by a female Nobel prize winner, and the closed peer review process. He then tries to argue that peer review has no reason for existing in modern science and that it only prevents you from publishing discoveries, (even though you could just post them on a blog.) About 20 minutes later he goes on to accuse Carol Greider, (a female Nobel prize winner) of stealing his work and getting the Nobel prize, while Eric agrees and just believes his brother.
-  Highlighted clips from Portal Episode #19 on Twitter. uberfeminist (10:24 PM- Jan 20, 2020) Twitter (Archived from February 3, 2020).
- I don’t have a theory. I’m not an engineer. I don’t know demolitions. I just don’t get it. And when I ask experts, the conversation often gets weird. I don’t have a 9/11 conspiracy theory. I do note that Building 7 produces weird conversations and avoidance. I got nothing else. by Eric Weinstein (11:50 PM - 22 Jan 2020) Twitter (archived from January 27, 2020).
- Eric Weinstein propagates a weird conspiracy theory, says we can't trust experts: journalists, professors and health care professionals are 'compromised', in latest IDW documentary. Reddit. "Glitch in the Matrix II, The Origin of the Intellectual Dark Web" (Jan 30, 2019) Youtube.
- I just learned, @billybragg that you're complaining that I wont talk to you. Really?? I've been listening to your music throughout my life. Invite me on stage. I'll learn "Which side are you on?" or "L&N don't stop here anymore." & we'll play it together. by Eric Weinstein (5:05 PM - 18 Sep 2019) Twitter (archived from September 19, 2019).
- Definitely not weird or creepy to b a dude fixated on women's fertility & menstrual cycles or to think swollen breasts being sexy is *essential* to being human. These r the brave truths the Regressive Left don't want u to hear...this is why we have the super Rational IDW. by NiceMangos (3:35 PM - 17 Dec 2019) Twitter (archived from December 17, 2019).