| Party Like It's 632|
|Turning towards Mecca|
IslamQA is a website founded by the Saudi Arabian cleric Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid a man who bears a grudge against snowmen. As its title suggests it is based around a list of questions and answers on various subjects, the answers being given from an fundamentalist Islamic point of view.
The site prescribes the death penalty for homosexuality ("one of the greatest of crimes"), apostasy from Islam, practicing witchcraft and insulting Muhammed (if the blasphemer repents they may be forgiven on the Day of Resurrection, but should still be executed).
In addition, IslamQA advises its readers against forming close friendships with non-Muslims, defends female genital mutilation and claims that it is acceptable for a man to a marry a six year old girl so long as he does not consummate the marriage until she is "physically able for it" (when she's nine years old, in the example given).
The site also contains numerous gems of wisdom on the subject of jinn. It warns us that jinn are capable of possessing people, that jinn, on rare occasions, sometimes kidnap people; and that toilets are inhabited by evil spirits, and so one must say "I seek refuge with Allaah from evil and from the male and female devils" before entering the WC.
On a similar note, IslamQA ran an article (since removed) entitled "Ruling on eating mermaids." The article began with a discussion as to whether or not mermaids exist ("that is subject to further discussion", it concluded) and then provided in-depth thoughts, quoting several Islamic scholars, as to whether or not it is permissible to eat them.
Want to read this in another language?
- Biography of the site's General Supervisor Islam Question & Answer
- Saudi cleric condemns snowmen as anti-Islamic Reuters 12 January 2015
- The punishment for homosexuality Islam Question & Answer 13 March 2006
- Why should a person who disbelieves after becoming Muslim be executed? Islam Question & Answer 27 March 2004
- Repentance of a Witch Islam Question & Answer 26 September 2005
- Ruling on one who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) Islam Question & Answer (Archived from the original on 23 January 2012)
- Clarification of the important rule: it is haraam to take kaafirs as close friends and protectors Islam Question & Answer 9 October 1998
- Circumcision of girls and some doctors’ criticism thereof Islam Question & Answer 23 August 2005
- Ruling on marrying young women Islam Question & Answer 31 March 1998
- Jinn Entering Human Bodies 10 October 2000
- Is it possible for the jinn to kidnap a human being? Islam Question & Answer 19 January 2000
- How can a person conceal himself from the jinn when in the toilet? Islam Question & Answer 24 August 2002
- Ruling on eating mermaids Islam Question & Answer (Archived from the original on 11 March 2012)