There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
RationalWiki:Requests to change username
Please place your request below, and the username which you would like to possess, along with your reasons for the change. If your username has been already taken, but the account has either zero contributions or is banned indefinitely, then banned account can be renamed to make room for the new name.
- Uh, why would you want "twerk" in your name? —Kazitor, pending 21:53, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
I would like my name to be 'HelpFlower" please! I want to be a helpful flower. Helpflower 14:47, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Kazitor RoninMacbeth (talk) 15:43, 7 November 2018 (UTC)
I would like my name to be DiabolikDownUnder please to make my account match one I have on another site. Thank you! - DiabolikDownUnder 9:09, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Kazitor Koidevelopment (talk) 17:39, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
Someone said I should change name. What about Eagles 2023, is that acceptable? It's the mascot of the college I'm going to go to and the year I expect to graduate from there. Otherwise, what about just calling me Kate? Eagles 2023 (talk) 16:47, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- Not done. Kate is already used, and there is honestly nothing wrong with your existing username. — Dysk (contribs) 22:49, 9 February 2019 (UTC)
I would like to change my user name to Mar9122 because I'm worried that Kiwi Farms might hunt me down since it had been used. Help me, please. Once you change my name, please delete the Ram2219 userpage. Ram2219 (talk) 5:38, 28 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Mar9122 done. Your userpage was never created so there is nothing to delete. --RWRW (talk) 10:38, 29 March 2019 (UTC)
- Hey, why not? We used to have User:Blue and User:Pink round here :) Avida Dollarsher again 13:02, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Noir LeSable Done. — Oxyaena Harass 13:56, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
Could I get a name change to something like Sardonic_Salvation? Using my actual username for RW was a mistake, considering the fact that it would make me a possible target for harassment. Something much more anonymous and alias-y would lessen the chance of that (although anyone who checks this page can figure out my original identity, anyways. Not like I can delete my account and re-register, though.) Taberone (talk) 02:12, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Sardonic Salvation Done. Chef Moosolini’s Ristorante ItalianoMake a Reservation 02:16, 14 January 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, because of the way the MediaWiki software works, a username cannot start with a lowercase letter. Cosmikdebris (talk) 22:10, 13 February 2020 (UTC)
- Done. — Oxyaena Harass 13:58, 14 March 2020 (UTC)
I don't exactly have a good history with this website, but I just re-discovered it. The right-wing hysteria around the pandemic has made me wanting to contribute some genuine edits. Could you change my username to my real name Ashton Cole? 18:40, 30 April 2020 (UTC) EDIT: Ashton Cole (talk) 14:19, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
Looking to change my handle to "Sirius", however it belongs to an editor with a single contribution, which is simply how they found the site. Would there be objections to renaming that user or uh...? The upper bit says stuff about 0 contributions, but this appears to have been a one-time driveby editor. Sirius (dog star) 17:20, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
- No objections from me. Maybe leave a note on the user's talk page and wait a day or so just in case, but they're probably not coming back. --RWRW (talk) 18:42, 16 September 2020 (UTC)