RationalWiki talk:Moderator elections/Results/Archive9
Screw all of you, the whole lot of you new guard people. Okay, maybe with a couple of exceptions, like Reverend Black Percy. The more I think about it, the more I think it was all a matter of some members of the old guard trolling the new guard people who are always acting like they have a stick up their ass, just as I, a member of the old guard, have trolled you new guards. You guys are SO EASY to freaking troll. You could troll the old guard, but trolling them was a different kind of fun. You could be a sysop, banning trolls and everything, and still be a troll yourself on the side, but the old guard more or less would laugh at the trolling, and make fun of the troll. You new guard people are more like "CALL IN THE NATIONAL GUARD AND PREPARE THE NUKES FOR LAUNCH, THERE'S A TROLL!" If I could have nominated someone, I'd have nominated @RobSmith for moderator, he's been around longer than any of you and he has demonstrated knowledge of wikis as a senior admin on another site. Embarq BoN Person (talk) 14:32, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- Well, congratulations on your achievement, I'm sure it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside and releases all kind of beneficial hormones. ScepticWombat (talk) 14:51, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- "help help, I don't like the young'uns and I have no workable plan to make it better" Fuzzy "Cat" Potato, Jr. (talk/stalk) 15:45, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- --JorisEnter (talk) 16:30, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- I, for one, welcome our new alien lizard overlords. --Cosmikdebris (talk) 00:34, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
- hmm, so maybe E.Wig & TK aren't really dead, and TK was Nutty Roux all along. It was Nutty Roux who furnished TK's alleged death certificate, after all. TK Resurrected From the Grave! What a headline for WIGO-CP. nobs 14:37, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
I can't post on the project page
- As I'm locked out of the project page I thought this might be a good place to post further bitching about the election process.
- Those of you that have used voting software (including OpenSTV from memory) would note that it allows you to track how many times a data set has been analysed. This is to stop the situation where someone keeps running the election until they get a better result; STV for example randomly eliminates drawn candidates which can sometimes very subtly influence the outcome of an election.
- Having a vote on a vote may seem like a reasonable thing to do, but it's essentially the same thing - keep collecting data until you get the outcome you want. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 02:32, 12 January 2017 (UTC)