RationalWiki talk:What is going on in the world?
- 1 President Donald Trump's Executive Order on Combating Human Trafficking and Online Child Exploitation in the United States
- 2 Graham Linehan article
- 3 another event adding to an increasing risk of a 21st century reawakening of the Troubles.
- 4 Rishi Sunak's 5% cut to UK public services
- 5 is it coincedence...
President Donald Trump's Executive Order on Combating Human Trafficking and Online Child Exploitation in the United States
Newsworthy executive order from the President. Like I says in the executive order, "As the United States continues to lead the global fight against human trafficking, we must remain relentless in resolving to eradicate it in our cities, suburbs, rural communities, tribal lands, and on our transportation networks. Human trafficking in the United States takes many forms and can involve exploitation of both adults and children for labor and sex." Can someone add this to What's Going On In The World? --220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:57, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
Graham Linehan article
- What? Minish (talk) 09:49, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
- It has the Union Flag because the event affects both Ireland and the UK. Tuxer (talk) 22:24, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
The article is now gone, giving a 404 for me. I was wondering if it was false but I found  showing a Tweet suggesting he was really doing something so I'm not sure why it was removed. Of course assuming it isn't prevented for legal reasons, whyever they removed it, this common modern practice of just randomly deleted article rather than at least leaving an explanation is something very annoying and confusing. Nil Einne (talk) 15:14, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Actually reading that more carefully it does mention Linehan threated litgation over the headline since he's helping someone compile a database rather than compile it himself. I assume that's why it was removed. Nil Einne (talk)