RationalWiki talk:What is going on in the world?
- 1 President Donald Trump's Executive Order on Combating Human Trafficking and Online Child Exploitation in the United States
- 2 Graham Linehan article
- 3 another event adding to an increasing risk of a 21st century reawakening of the Troubles.
- 4 Rishi Sunak's 5% cut to UK public services
- 5 is it coincedence...
- 6 Now I'm not telling you guys to buy his book, but how much of this alarmist crap do you think is true? 🤔
- 7 Trump boasting
- 8 I will not lie...
- 9 I think we're going to need a separate "What is going on with the coronavirus" WIGO
- 10 Islamic State puts out coronavirus advisory advising quarantine and handwashing
- 11 Stop putting clogs-worthy content in WIGO World!
- 12 We have WIGO for Covid-19
- 13 Typo
President Donald Trump's Executive Order on Combating Human Trafficking and Online Child Exploitation in the United States
Newsworthy executive order from the President. Like I says in the executive order, "As the United States continues to lead the global fight against human trafficking, we must remain relentless in resolving to eradicate it in our cities, suburbs, rural communities, tribal lands, and on our transportation networks. Human trafficking in the United States takes many forms and can involve exploitation of both adults and children for labor and sex." Can someone add this to What's Going On In The World? --22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:57, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
Graham Linehan article
- What? Minish (talk) 09:49, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
- It has the Union Flag because the event affects both Ireland and the UK. Tuxer (talk) 22:24, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
The article is now gone, giving a 404 for me. I was wondering if it was false but I found  showing a Tweet suggesting he was really doing something so I'm not sure why it was removed. Of course assuming it isn't prevented for legal reasons, whyever they removed it, this common modern practice of just randomly deleted article rather than at least leaving an explanation is something very annoying and confusing. Nil Einne (talk) 15:14, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- Actually reading that more carefully it does mention Linehan threated litgation over the headline since he's helping someone compile a database rather than compile it himself. I assume that's why it was removed. Nil Einne (talk)
another event adding to an increasing risk of a 21st century reawakening of the Troubles.
Rishi Sunak's 5% cut to UK public services
is it coincedence...
Now I'm not telling you guys to buy his book, but how much of this alarmist crap do you think is true? 🤔
It's a long video, and it's filled with dirty marketing tactics and logical fallacies, but I've seen some videos of the quarantined cities in China and videos posted from citizens neglected by the government... I believe a section should be added about this to the 2019CoV RW page. https://survivecoronavirus.org (sorry if this is off-topic and in the wrong place) 😁— Unsigned, by: 126.96.36.199 / talk / contribs
- Based on nothing more than the scare-mongering name of the weblink, less than 1%. Semipenultimate (talk) 20:59, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
Trump brags about his 'natural ability' for science because of his 'super genius uncle' who was an MIT professor and claims CDC officials ask him how he knows so much about the coronavirus. He says : "Every one of these doctors said 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability." https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8084629/Trump-brags-science-knowledge-super-genius-uncle-MIT-professor.html Occultations (talk) 13:42, 10 March 2020 (UTC)
I will not lie...
Just like we've got "What is going on with the elections" to stop this page getting filled up with nothing but election stuff, I think we're going to need another WIGO for the coronavirus. Otherwise, a good part of this year's WIGO World, certainly the rest of March, all of April and all of September to December, could end up being nothing but the virus. Spud (talk) 16:33, 13 March 2020 (UTC)
- I think that's a good idea. Then, once the pandemic subsides, we can just archive it or something. G Man (talk) 04:48, 17 March 2020 (UTC)
- already got duplicate articles in clogs and world Aloysius the Gaul 22:54, 17 March 2020 (UTC)
https://theprint.in/world/trust-in-god-wash-hands-before-eating-flee-from-sick-isis-issues-coronavirus-advisory/380771/ Whats that clickhole article? "The Worst person you know just made a great point" or some such? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:37, 15 March 2020 (UTC)
Stop putting clogs-worthy content in WIGO World!
Things like Trump caling a report terrible for making questions, the Senator saying it's ok for millions to die to save the economy or the "lick the floor" guy should be placed in Clogs, not here. Stop doing that.Tuxer (talk) 12:40, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- The President having a meltdown when asked to reassure people isn't newsworthy? You do understand that Clogs is for fundies and conspiracy nuts, right? Not the fucking President of the USA. Right? RoundeTheeHorne (talk) 13:26, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
- Clogs: "This is RationalWiki's snarkilicious take on some of the more "WTF?" or egregious blog posts, editorials, videos and social media posts out there"
- Blogs: "all the interesting world news and current events that relate to RationalWiki's mission here"
- Think you've got the wrong end of the stick Tux. Nuf said. Scream!! (talk) 13:35, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
We have WIGO for Covid-19
Can we use that? Thanks. I was also cussed out by @RoundeTheeHorne for commenting out a story that's certainly related to the pandemic (it says right there that it's policy related, a response to the virus) and we're still getting news on it. Can you guys please follow instructions? Or at least clarify what goes on there and not on WIGO World? Sheesh. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 18:21, 28 March 2020 (UTC)