User talk:G Man
On talk pages, please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the sign button: on the toolbar above the edit panel. You can also indent successive talk page comments using one more colon (:) for each line. Thank you.
And you didn't really need to start a talk page discussion about that edit that you undid. You should have just put that in your edit summary. Oh, well. No harm done. Spud (talk) 03:22, 5 September 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for letting me know. I may need some time to adjust and learn my way around. This is my first time editing a wiki. It doesn't help that I won't be online often; I will only make intermittent contributions. I just want you guys to know I'm not a fake account. XD --G Man (talk) 16:25, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
I'm around, thanks for swinging by
I'm back from Thanksgiving break and saw your note. I'm no longer active in the SDA church (I'd consider myself atheist these days, and need to go clean up my page accordingly), but I'm happy to talk about it or related topics. Memesis (talk) 22:00, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Did you get your name from the enigmatic, and infamous, G-Man character from Half-Life, or did you get it from Machine Gun Kelly's now famous last words: "Don't shout, G-Man!"--Ɖøn Ĵuan (talk) 06:43, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- Whatever resemblance to pop culture my name may bear is pure coincidence. It was a nickname used by some of my friends during my childhood. (Maybe that's where they got it from... 🤔) My name IRL is Grayson. G Man (talk) 06:58, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- Interesting, I had several nicknames in childhood. Occam's Razor suggests that it is indeed likely they derived your nickname from pop culture, coincidentally (or maybe not?), "Grayson" is also the surname of Batman's first Robin, Dick Grayson, also known as "Nightwing". Ɖøn Ĵuan (talk) 07:06, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
Caraca véi, não achei que houvesse outros "brasileiros" aqui além de mim e do meu outro colega JPLSilva! Dude, sua ajuda é mais que bem-vinda. No momento, a tradução de Draft:RationalWiki (português) está em andamento, vê se edita por lá! Smalkade • Contribs • Sandbox • EC 11:56, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- Vou ver o que eu faço. Moro nos Estados Unidos desde pequeno, então meu português ser melhor. Portanto, vocês estão bem-vindos a me ajudar e corrigir os meus erros. Kkkkk G Man (talk) 06:10, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- Obs: Eu só entro neste site alguns vezes por dia, e nem passo muito tempo aqui quando visito. Porém, eu ainda vou ajudar vocês com a tradução o máximo que puder. G Man (talk) 06:14, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
2021 U.S. Capitol riot/Charges is up for deletion
You may care to vote. Bongolian (talk) 17:54, 25 June 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you. I just returned from a brief hiatus, so I missed the vote. I see that the consensus was built around killing the page. Come to think of it, I probably would have voted in favor of deleting it, myself. All it really did was add clutter without really furthering this site's mission. G Man (talk) 06:32, 7 July 2021 (UTC)
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you think every socialist is unreasonable? I'm an anti-socialist to the bone. believe it cannot work. I don't think it's compatible with liberty and democracy. I believe it's immoral. But I acknowledge that there are very intelligent socialists on this very site, for instance, that can defend their socialist positions very well. Or, to quote Friedrich Hayek. the more
“”the more intelligent an educated person is, the more likely he or she now is not only to be a rationalist, but also to hold socialist views.
GeeJayK (talk) 14:47, 12 March 2022 (UTC)
i don't really know how to translate the word "tautology" to portuguese (and i might not even be using it correctly in this sense), but i explained in the bar that my point is that "socialist moonbattery" is a redundant category. in other words, since pretty much every moonbat is a socialist by definition, then you don't really need the modifier "socialist" for the same reason you don't need the word "round" to describe circles (since all circles are round, by definition). in fact, the word "redundant" has the same latin origin as the portuguese word for round (redondo), but in english, it basically means something that repeats itself unnecessarily. now, to answer your question, even though i, myself, am admittedly biased against socialists, that doesn't mean i think all socialists are moonbats (as a good number of them are rational, even though i may disagree with them on certain matters related to politics and/or economics). also, when i say that all moonbats are socialists, that doesn't automatically mean that the reverse (i.e. all socialists are moonbats) is also true.G Man (talk) 00:02, 13 March 2022 (UTC)
correction: i just remembered that moderate liberal (non-socialist) moonbats exist, too. however, it's still a pointless category imo, since we already have multiple "moonbattery" categories, as well as categories for socialism/socialists. G Man (talk) 04:04, 13 March 2022 (UTC)
- Fair enough, I understand your point now. By the way, the Portuguese word for tautology is tautologia. Just like Astronomy/Astronomia, many words are often remarkably similar in both languages. You can learn many words in Portuguese just by learning some suffix rules (the word for suffix in Portuguese is sufixo). GeeJayK (talk) 02:08, 16 March 2022 (UTC)
deletion of Category:Socialist moonbattery
When you delete a category, don't forget to delete the links to that category: Category:Socialist moonbattery. Bongolian (talk) 07:33, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
No, the first edit was accurate. ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 04:05, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
- thanks. i restored it. either way, i think it's best we collapse the thread for now. G Man (talk) 04:09, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
- Fair enough. ☭Comrade GC☭Ministry of Praise 12:05, 15 May 2022 (UTC)
Happy trails to you…
Thank you for your contributions. Bongolian (talk) 04:56, 31 July 2022 (UTC)
Hope your retirement is happy and fulfilling. Thanks for contributing here. —cosmikdebris talk stalk 05:25, 31 July 2022 (UTC)
- thank you, guys! this is not goodbye, though, as i may return in the future. however, i've decided that now is time for an extended break from all the wikis, forums (fora?), and social networks i'm involved in (which aren't many, but they're still time-consuming). as the template implies, there's a slight chance i'll still sporadically make some edits here and there. nevertheless, thank you all for the well wishes and for your support, then and now. --G Man (talk) 22:02, 31 July 2022 (UTC)
Is your username a reference to Half-Life or Godzilla? Either way, I like it!
Anyway, I wanted to know how categorize far right politicians as fascists or para fascists, since I made this mistake before with categorizing Gerry Wilders. Rational Dude (talk) 04:05, 10 February 2023 (UTC)
- thanks! someone had a similar question about my username some years ago. any references to half-life or godzilla are purely coincidental. my user nickname is just one of many childhood nicknames i had. my friends were probably referencing one or both the above franchises. my first name also begins with a "g", so it's probably a play on words.
- as for the fascists vs. para-fascists categorization, the differences seem to me mostly superficial, if subjective, more than anything else. i try to adhere to the definitions on this site  for the sake of consistency. however, i can only go so far in doing so. for instance, in the article on fascism, desantis is listed as a para-fascist due to his current limits on power (though he certainly has the potential of becoming a full-blown fascist if he gets his way).
however, the article on him categorizes him as a fascist rather than a para-fascistactually, upon checking again, i saw that he is categorized as both. go figure.
- so tl;dr, just use your discretion, i guess. if you're ever in doubt or your think it might be contentious, your best bet is to take it up to the talk page. The G (talk) 05:22, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
- you’re welcome! I was asking so I could understand better because I’ve accidentally categorized para fascists as fascists, such as jair bolsonaro and geert wilders. I also saw someone categorize ron desantis as a fascist. Rational Dude (talk) 13:17, 6 March 2023 (UTC)