RationalWiki talk:What is going on in the clogosphere?
Archives for this talk page: <1>, <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>, <6>, <7>, <8>, <9>, <10>, <11>, <12>, <13>
"America's First Non-Binary Person" decides he's just had too much porn
Found this from the Android SmartNews app, which I'm beginning to decide is seriously mis-named. He used to be a trans woman, then decided he was "America's first non-binary", now says "it's all a sham" and explicitly calls out Autogynephilia as the "cause". And the story is featured on the "news" page of The Heritage Foundation. Pere Ubu (talk) 19:31, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- I feel like non-binary people will be quite surprised to find that the concept only dates to 2016, given that it had already surpassed the nearly synonymous(and much older) term "genderqueer" in 2014. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 20:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
The inevitable consequence of this is we're gonna find out, that, no memes were not even slightly responsible for the election of donald trump, and it was in fact: constant unearned media coverage, american voters being complete dumbasses who can write their own ideals onto almost any politician, the fact that republican base vote consistently with no concern for how complete shit their candidates are, and that the democrats managed to pick the single most likely to lose candidate from their field of primary choices in 2016. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 21:05, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
Remember when this charity was actually built on minimizing harm to human beings? There just needs to be a law that whenever you deem spreading your ideology is the ultimate good in the world, you get shot and replaced with better people. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 15:27, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
- the list of other worthy recipients is also fucking amazing, let's not minimise the clogginess here - David Gerard (talk) 11:39, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
- 70k for a webpage where people vote on what they think is going to happen. Amazing. And for a moment, I had a hope that the 150k they gave to "CFAR" was the "center for aids research". 18k for a goddamn 2 day workshop on the dangers of AI? The mind boggles at the harm that could be reduced with this money. ikanreed 🐐Bleat at me 14:57, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
- As a member of the EA movement, I was very surprised by this donation recommendation. My hunch is that they received too few "valid" applications for funding, given the unexpectedly large donation to the fund that they received, and ended up recommending funding them all, which suggests that (a) they are failing to sufficiently publicise this fund, and (b) if you think you could come up with a better use for that money that's EA-relevant and related to the "long-term future" of humanity, you actually should submit an application for funding (next time), because you might actually get funded. I'm totally serious about this, by the way.--Greenrd (talk) 07:51, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
We should let China spy on us? Wait, what!?
- I thought it was bizarre from the headline - but then I read it and thought it made some good points actually.--Greenrd (talk) 12:15, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
Seeing as the WIGO page is locked...
... can somebody add this?