There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Rejected by their own kind
| Style over substance|
- Some young Earth creationists (notably Kent Hovind) have made claims so absurd (e.g. that there's too much dust on the surface of the Moon for the Moon to be 4.5 billion years old) that Answers in Genesis, a young Earth creationist organization, has debunked them and urged other creationists not to use them. AIG has also disowned other thoroughly bogus creationist chestnuts like "How come there are still monkeys?"
- Judy Wood's "theory" about Star Wars-style directed space weapons being responsible for 9/11 (yes, seriously) was so ridiculously implausible that it was debunked by another 9/11 truther.
- The pseudoscientific claim, pushed by Mark Geier, that Lupron (used for chemical castration) can be used to effectively treat vaccine-caused autism was so bogus that even the anti-vaccine blog Age of Autism once condemned it.
- NaturalNews is deemed a quack site by other quacks.
- To some extent, when politicians condemn another politician in their own party (e.g. Republicans in the United States condemning Donald Trump or Roy Moore), this could be considered an instance of the Republican being rejected (i.e. condemned) by their own kind. Though it only counts as such a rejection if the group they're being rejected from promotes pseudoscience, which doesn't apply to Republicans… oh wait, yes it does.
- Alt-righter Jared Taylor has denounced Nazi David Duke's antisemitism
- Infighting that goes on within the political horseshoe
- Stopped clock is what a lot of this boils down to.
- Cranks are rarely bothered by other cranks, Denialism Blog, ScienceBlogs, May 29, 2007, Mark Hoofnagle
- Moon Dust Argument No Longer Useful, Creation, September 1993, p. 22
- AIG's list of arguments to avoid
- Scientific Critique of Judy Wood’s Paper “The Star Wars Beam Weapon”, James Gourley, Journal of 9/11 Studies
- Bravo Age of Autism, LeftBrainRightBrain, 2009-05-20
- Special Report: The Legend of Mike Adams and the Reality (Thomas Corriher and Sarah Cain, The Health Wyze Report, 06 Feb 2013)