| Nordic power &|
|Movements & parties|
Fjordman is the pseudonym of Peder Are Nøstvold Jensen (born 11 June 1975), a Norwegian Islamophobic blogger for Gates of Vienna and author of self-published anti-Muslim books. His screeds against Muslims are mainly based on Bat Ye'or's conspiracy theory about "Eurabia." According to The Independent, Jensen "has written numerous screeds accusing Muslims of secretly planning to take over Europe." He is also an ardent advocate of the "Eurabia" conspiracy theory, which he promoted in a self-published book titled Defeating Eurabia.
Fjordman is one of "Counterjihad's leading essayists." He publicly revealed his name in 2011, after he had become known as the main ideological idol of Anders Behring Breivik. Breivik "refers to Fjordman as his favourite writer, and it is clear that he has contributed immensely to Breivik's reasoning."
In 2013, Simen Sætre published a critical biography of Fjordman with the major publisher Cappelen Damm, on how Jensen went from being a quiet boy from a provincial town to become the blogger Fjordman, "the favourite writer" of a mass murderer.
- "Islam og alle de som praktiserer det må bli totalt og fysisk fjernet fra hele den vestlige verden."
- Paul Jackson (2013), "The License to Hate: Peder Jensen's Fascist Rhetoric in Anders Breivik's Manifesto 2083: A European Declaration of Independence," Democracy and Security, Volume 9, Issue 3, pp. 247–269
- Jerome Taylor, "Unmasked: the far-right blogger idolised by Breivik," The Independent, 6 August 2011
- Toby Archer (2013). "Breivik's mindset : the counterjihad and the new transatlantic anti-muslim right." In: Max Taylor, P.M. Currie, Donald Holbrook (eds.): Extreme Right Wing Political Violence and Terrorism. p. 176. Bloomsbury Publishing. ISBN 1441140875
- Stephen J. Walton (2012), "Anti-feminism and Misogyny in Breivik's 'Manifesto'," NORA – Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research, Volume 20, Issue 1, pp. 4–11
- Marie Melgård, Fjordman foreslo nazi-løsning, Dagbladet, 6 August 2011
- Simen Sætre, Fjordman: Portrett av en antiislamist, CappelenDamm, 2013, ISBN 9788202409654