|The colorful pseudoscience|
Race & Racialism
|Hating thy neighbour|
|Divide and conquer|
Peter Frost is a far-right Canadian anthropologist and HBD pseudoscientist who owns the Evo and Proud blog that publishes on racialism and race and intelligence. Frost has published papers on race in the OpenPsych pseudojournals and is a referee for one of their journals, Open Behavioral Genetics. Similar to Edward Dutton, Frost is one of the few academics popular among white nationalists and the alt-right. He has been interviewed by American Renaissance.
Some of Frost's online stupid comments can be found documented on FSTDT.
Frost graduated from Université Laval in 1995 with a Ph.D. in anthropology. His academic research focuses on the physical anthropology of human skin, eye and hair colour; his work on human pigmentation isn't pseudoscience and is published in respectable peer-reviewed journals e.g. Journal of Social, Evolutionary, and Cultural Psychology, International Journal of Circumpolar Health and Evolution and Human Behaviour. The problem is outside his science papers — he posts pseudoscience and crankery about race on his blog, the alt-right website The Unz Review and OpenPsych.
In October 2020 — a long article criticising Frost's racist pseudoscience was published on the website Pharos.
Sexual selection pigmentation hypothesis
In Frost's view, the high frequency of light colouration of skin in European ethnicities originated by sexual selection. He suggests that frequency-dependent sexual selection for such diversity is a more likely explanation than the competing theory of natural selection for reduced melanin resulting from humans adapting to low-UV northern latitude. He also argues the high frequency of light hair colours (blonde, red, auburn) and eye-irises (blue, green, hazel) are the result of sexual selection, rather than genetic drift.
Frost's ideas on the evolution of skin colour pigmentation have been criticised by Madrigal and Kelly (2007). Pharos point out that "Frost’s only citation in support of a key portion of his argument was his own book, which is published by a wildlife photographer."
Frost supports far-right and right-wing populist parties and argues for the white genocide conspiracy theory which he calls "Great Replacement":
We must act now to bring anti-globalist parties to power: the UKIP in Britain, the Front National in France, the Partij voor de Vrijheid in the Netherlands, the Alternative für Deutschland in Germany, and the Sverigedemokraterna in Sweden… I wrote the above last January, fearing that Europe would see an acceleration of the massive demographic change already under away—the Great Replacement."
No "replacement" by immigration from outside Europe is actually happening of course.[note 1]
- ↑ As an example, the self-identified "White British" population (which includes the ethnic English, Scots, Welsh and Ulster Protestants) on the 2011 census was 81.9% of the UK total population, as high as 96.0% in Northern Ireland, and if the "Other White" census category is included: UK is 87.1% "White", as high as 98.3% "White" in Northern Ireland. As of 2017, in Germany, self-identified ethnic Germans total 75.4% of the population, but this increases to 89.7% if "Other White" ethnicities are included; in France a 2015 study estimated the population is 70% ethnic French, but this figure increases to over 85% if "Other White" ethnicities are included etc. Therefore the number of first and second generation immigrants from outside Europe ("non-Whites") in these countries remains small (10-15%), yet for some bizarre reason Frost thinks immigrants from outside Europe are involved in some sort of demographic "replacement"; the same bizarre conspiracy theory you can read on the forum Stormfront; Frost just rewords it slightly less insane.
- ↑ http://gregoirecanlorbe.com/a-conversation-with-peter-frost-for-american-renaissance
- ↑ https://fstdt.com/LH75
- ↑ http://pages.vassar.edu/pharos/2020/10/30/peter-frost-racist-science-ancient-history-fall-rome-hbd-human-biodiversity/
- ↑ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16685728/
- ↑ https://www.unz.com/pfrost/