RationalWiki talk:Moderator elections/Nominations
|Archives for this page (edit)|
- 1 Can de-mopped, binned users run?
- 2 Nomination limit?
- 3 Sorry, I miss looked and nominated lefty green Mario when he already accepted
- 4 Nominations that I think are more serious
- 5 Edit permissions
- 6 Reject Nominations
- 7 "undocumented python"
- 8 Why not to Vote for LeftyGreenMario (And my endorsement)
Can de-mopped, binned users run?
- I trust the user base to not elect someone without sysop powers or the freedom to edit the wiki at will. Peace. AgingHippie (talk) 04:27, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
- He'd have to accept the nomination first. Will he waste one of his precious edits to do so? αδελφός ΓυζζγςατΡοτατο (talk/stalk) 05:11, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
- Ok, but is there no relevant policy or rule setting out requirements about who may run for mod?---Mona- (talk) 05:17, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
- A better question is is someone with an account only 10 days old allowed to nominate himself and run for the position than whatever you want to think about me.—Ryulong (talk) 02:02, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- Not to my knowledge, no. RoninMacbeth (talk) 06:18, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
- Also, it looks like I accidentally added the "Just an Example" photo. Sorry. Should I remove it? RoninMacbeth (talk) 06:25, 27 December 2017 (UTC)
Sorry, I miss looked and nominated lefty green Mario when he already accepted
- @Rationalzombie94 It's all right, people make mistakes. Don't forget to endorse LeftyGreenMario, that's the important thing! She wants to let you know that she highly appreciates your consideration! --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 00:41, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
Nominations that I think are more serious
@CowHouse @LeftyGreenMario @RoninMacbeth I've done some thinking about this, and I think of the people I nominated, I think @Rationalzombie94, @Joaquín Martínez, and @Koidevelopment are definitely reasonable choices and deserve the opportunity. @Human and @RobSmith are less active, but they are not gone, and I like the idea of some old guard moderators. I agree @MarcusCicero is trouble, but I want to see him get his ass kicked, trolling the troll if you will. Don't forget, I was once a smart ass teenager who managed to become an administrator (as a side note, blocking vandals is fun). The others probably shouldn't be nominated. I'm truly sorry for any trouble I caused; although I'm not going to give the troll guy the satisfaction of acting offended at what he said about me, I can see why people would be trigger happy to keep him out of here. If I choose to continue to contribute, I will probably use a different account as has been suggested, although because my personal views differ from most of the views at this wiki (I go to a Church of Christ...), I probably won't. I just think some of the articles and conversations here at the Bar are amusing, and before things got so serious, it was fun to converse with people. Not to say it isn't still, but well, in a lot different way. There's less goat jokes and more fights over politics and science. Not that it's bad, it's just different. I will say that @Bongolian saying he was sending me "home to cheerleaderland" was mean and I hope he doesn't ever become a mod. J. Zoia (talk) 00:51, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- Yes.—Hamburguesa con queso con un cara (talk • stalk) 04:25, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- Nobody, as far as I know. If a candidate isn't appropriate, people won't vote for them. On talk pages, please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the sign button: on the toolbar above the edit panel. You can also indent successive talk page comments using one more colon (:) for each line. Thank you. —Kazitor, pending 00:08, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
Why not to Vote for LeftyGreenMario (And my endorsement)
- Okay Here's why You shouldn't vote for LeftyGreenMario of all nominations. For out of all the accepted Nominations(And many declined nominations) she is in my opinion the most biased. Let's start off with her attitude, his attitude towards all those right of center. He labels those like Ethan Ralph as being on the same level of extreme as Richard Spencer (Or Heaven forbid TRUMP /S)
- Let us compare him to another candidate for instance User:LeftyGreenMario has a total of two badges displaying her bias against Trump Compensating for something. One against conservatism as well because as we all know Progress is always good and Big Brother Knows best. Apparently unaware that The Conservation Movement was started by conservatives. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to conserve stuff. In comparison User:Rationalzombie94 Has stated that he reasonably opposes Trump on issues he is wrong about such as the wall and tax cuts. He also recognizes that it was not the Confederate Flag is a bad thing that causes death. It's just a Flag.
- Also She is a hypocrite. She honestly believes the Russia gate conspiracy. Which has about much weight as the infamous Pizzagate conspiracy propagated by none other than 4-chan. Her hypocrasy goes further slandering me as having multiple sock accounts when I only have access to my newly bought laptop. But of course all her critics must be sock accounts
- So In conclusion do you want someone Like User:LeftyGreenMario representing you? As a Rational person can you accept a biased woman who literally believes half the political spectrum has no merit? How can she with this bias claim to be a good "Moderate"tor? So I humbly give my endorsement of
- For the record, TheDarkMaster2 also called me "irrational", which alone would disqualify me for the election as we all know, but I'd rather none of you voters know that. --It's-a me, LeftyGreenMario!(Mod) 22:39, 11 November 2018 (UTC)