There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
The Daily Caller
| You gotta spin it to win it|
|Stop the presses!|
|We want pictures|
| Someone is wrong on|
The Daily Caller is a conservative news and opinion website founded by Tucker Carlson in 2010. Similar to the left-wing Huffington Post, the website covers current events both political and offbeat, as well as human interest topics such as education, "guns and gear", and technology, with plenty of clickbait to go around. Select articles from the site are regularly reprinted on Yahoo! News, be forewarned.
On June 15, 2012, during a press conference by President Barack Obama announcing executive actions on immigration law regarding children brought illegally to the U.S., Daily Caller reporter Neil Munro heckled Obama with leading questions like, "Why do you favor foreigners over Americans?"
Shortly before the US Senate election day in New Jersey, the website published a story titled "Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic." Established news sources like ABC and even the tabloid New York Post avoided reporting on these accusations due to questionable credibility. The story blew up in the Caller's face when it turned out that one of the accusers was a paid liar, and the FBI found no evidence to back up the accuser's story either.
The site defended Vice magazine co-founder Gavin McInnes for transphobic remarks that claimed that transgender people are "mentally ill… nuts trapped in a crazy person's body" along with words like "fag" sprinkled in, because McInnes was "willing to expose the mechanics of our P.C. outrage culture." But it's totally not outrage for the Daily Caller to post ten articles a day to spark online outrage over something some
libtard left winger said on MSNBC, is it not?
The site has stories that basically deliver a message, black people/gay people/insert-outgroup-here evil. On October 17, 2014, the Caller published a story with the racially charged headline "Black males are viciously beating people at random at the University of Illinois" that was later retitled "Gang Of Men Is Viciously Beating People At Random At The University Of Illinois"; the original title still shows up in the URL, showing that at some point the article had that title in the header. Hypocritically, the Caller criticized Salon.com five days later for posting an article about "white menaces" to society following riots at Keene State College in New Hampshire during the college's "PumpkinFest", satirically framing it and "white culture" in the same terms so frequently used to describe the behavior of black people. The site also posted a story "Same-sex rape in the military on the rise" with the undertone that don't ask, don't tell is harmful to the US military.
Don't expect any substantive, enlightening discussions in the comments section, with plenty of anti-racist is a code word for anti-white to go around, as well as ignorant broad brush remarks about liberals or anyone who isn't a True American™.
- 35,000 Beached Walruses Still Can't Convince The Daily Caller On Climate Change
- Daily Caller reporter interrupts Obama's Rose Garden statement. The Guardian: June 15, 2012.
- Women: Sen. Bob Menendez paid us for sex in the Dominican Republic. Nov. 1, 2012.
- Woman Says She Was Paid to Lie About Claim of Sex With Senator Menendez. ABC. March 5, 2013.
- Daily Caller's Prostitution 'Scoop' Was So Thin Even the 'New York Post' Passed. The Atlantic: March 8, 2013.
- Escort says Menendez prostitution claims were made up. The Washington Post. March 4, 2013.
- Media Matters, Daily Caller Defends Racist, Transphobic Writer Against "Politically Correct Hysteria"
- Google "MSNBC" on the DailyCaller.com site. You'll see.
- Twitter post on Oct. 17, then the article as of Oct. 18, 2014 via Wayback Machine
- Cooper, Brittney. "White menaces to society: Keene State and the danger of young drunk white men." Salon.com, 22 October 2014 (recovered 23 August 2016).
- Salon Warns Of ‘White Menaces To Society’
- Daily Caller Column Blames Gay Service Members For Rise In Military Rape
- Actual comment: "Liberals are actually race traitors. They are whites yet hate themselves for begin white, then go out of their way to push the anti-white racism/white genocide movement. Why don't they just cut to the chase and commit mass suicide instead? It would definitely be good riddance, but no, they want to make all whites suffer because the libs are so filled with self-loathing."