There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2020.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Traditional Values Coalition
| Gay free zone|
|Fighting the gay agenda|
|That ye be not judged|
The Traditional Values Coalition or TVC is yet another Christian conservative group in the United States classified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group. According to their "Issues" page they appear to currently (June 2012) have three overriding goals: defeating ENDA, which they believe will force transgender teachers on schoolchildren, preventing military chaplains from performing same-sex ceremonies, and becoming the most popular girl in school. Another item of note on the TVC website include claims that the US government funds homosexual pornography, The site also contains an Islamophobic section on Creeping Sharia. The group had ties to lobbyist Jack Abramoff.
Definition of traditional values
- Opposition to LGBT rights in general and same-sex marriage in particular
- Right to Life
- Abstinence-only sex education
- Opposition to pornography and "addicting behaviors"
- The United States as a Christian nation
- Patriotism and extreme nationalism
The TVC website contains a blog run by Andrea Lafferty, daughter of the group's founder, which contains such malarial as claiming that watching movies at AMC means you're supporting communism, calling for a nationwide boycott of Groupon for offering discounts to porn sites, and being disgusted over the presence of a trans woman in the Miss Universe contest.
“”The creation vs. evolution issue is a core issue because the teaching of evolution (everything made itself without God) leads students to reject biblical authority/morality and thus robs them of true meaning and purpose for their lives
- TVC:ENDA Hurts Kids
- TVC:Military Chaplains Under Threat
- TVC:SEXPULSE:$5 Million Government Funded Gay Porn
- TVC:Islam vs Constitution
- Washington Post:How a Lobbyist Stacked the Deck
- TVC Blog:When You Watch Movies at AMC Theaters, You're Sponsoring COMMUNISM!
- TVC Blog:Groupon Porn Discount?
- Donald Trump Has Unique Tastes For His Beauty Pageants
- The Christian Post: On Darwin's Birthday, Some Celebrate 'Question Evolution Day'