User talk:𐌈FedoraTippingSkeptic𐌈/Archive 1
Because of your edits to and the wiki, Autopatrolled has been added to your user rights. This lets you bypass most of the abuse filters, bypass the CAPTCHA, and edit more frequently. If you have questions,
bleat ask away.
We hope you enjoy your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ — and these external tools:
- Rbutr shows user-submitted rebuttals to your current webpage.
- Google Scholar Button (Chrome, Firefox) searches your highlighted text in Google Scholar. Easily check academic citations!
- web.archive.org and archive.is can save permanent copies of webpages. Never lose a crank website or racist Tweet ever again! FᴜᴢᴢʏCᴀᴛPᴏᴛᴀᴛᴏ, Esϙᴜɪʀᴇ (talk/stalk) 14:17, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Keep up the good work Kosterortiizbrock and I'll bet you'll get demoted to mop wielder in a month or so. Not to mention that at this rate of editing you'll get the full franchise as soon as we're past August 5th. ScepticWombat (talk) 14:52, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
Why did you mission tag the public school article?
I can see you mission tagged the public school article, but without leaving any explanation on the talk page. Could you elaborate on why you think the article is off mission?
As far as I can see, the UK part of it might be seen as a bit tangential to a very strict interpretation of RW's mission, but considering such phenomena as teach the controversy and classroom prayer, the US branch is definitely on mission. ScepticWombat (talk) 14:57, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- The UK article is a seemingly random addition, and the U.S. part was just taken from main article on the subject. Without the UK part it would be a clone stub and like I said it links to the main article on the U.S. subject. So in short one part is irrelevant to the mission statement the rest is covered. Kosterortiizbrock (talk) 15:02, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Fair 'nough though I'd disagree about the UK bit being "a seemingly random addition" as it seems to me that it fits well with other articles covering UK society and politics (basically, the mission statement has, in practice, been expanded to include various social justice themes, presumably through a generous interpretation of point 3 of RW:MISSION: "Explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism" and there's also the "loophole" in the "appendix" to RW:MISSION: "However, the wiki's mainspace welcomes many articles that do not relate to the primary missions of RationalWiki providing that they are factually accurate and of interest to the community at large").
- Anyway, rather than leaving a mission tag which might not be seen by anyone, I suggest you nominate public school for deletion and make your case in the accompanying "reason" sections (in the AfD tag in the article and in the entry on the AfD list). That way you'll get the problem into the limelight and a keep/delete vote. (Just in case you're wondering, anyone can nominate and vote in AfD votes as the franchise requirements only pertains to punishment and policy votes). ScepticWombat (talk) 15:22, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Alright, it doesn't matter I will just remove it I am trying to write a detailed very referenced article right now about the Ethiopian Creation story and I'm trying to strictly follow the Manual of Style so this is getting to hectic to do too many things. Give me one second and it will be gone. Kosterortiizbrock (talk) 15:28, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- (Generic reply about feigned inconvenience and or Goats) I know how to get down, I know how to fight! I bark very little but I know how to fight! I know how to chase a cat up in a tree: man people were FINISHED for messing with me! (talk) 08:45, 4 August 2015 (UTC)
Because of your edits to and the wiki,
wizard Sysop has been added to your user rights. Feel free to let your newfound ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ course through your veins. Once the high wears off, see RationalWiki:Sysop guide for more information. If you have questions, bleat ask away. Fuzzy. Cat. Potato! (talk/stalk) 12:19, 4 August 2015 (UTC)