There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
There's absolutely nothing wrong with edits like this, but MediaWiki doesn't care about the case of the first letter in a link. For instance, George Adamski is the same as george Adamski... but not [[George adamski]] (I put nowiki tags around that one to stop it being a wanted link). –SuspectedReplicant retire me 01:23, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- Well it was actually for more stylistics reasons :) Thanks for the heads up about the software though, didn't know the first letter second word worked differently than the first. As to the first edit you mentioned; is that the preferred style, capitals at the start of each word on a list? Also, since you posted and seem available to ask [;)], when people are categorized (like Ayaan Hirsi Ali) who criticize a certain religion, should we add them to the pertinent religious category (Islam) in this case? Thanks for the tips! - EWildman (talk) 01:38, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- RW:MOS gives most of the detail - and yes, it means I was wrong to give this section a capital "C" for "Capitals" :)
- Categories... not sure. The category system seems subject to whim and changes every so often. Best bet is to make your changes and see if somebody else reverts them. –SuspectedReplicant retire me 01:43, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- I am sure I have already made that mistake a few times, I better read up again, thanks. About categories, good advice :). That's what I've been doing already pretty much, so I shall carry on like that then. Thanks for the help, it's appreciated! - EWildman (talk) 02:59, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- Damn! Knew I shouldn't have worked so hard ;). I shall do my best, and there will be lots of questions soon enough I'm sure :) Thanks - EWildman (talk) 23:40, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
has earned you...
|For demonstrating exemplary goatery in the line of duty, Tyrannis |
has awarded you a
Ewwwwwww. Cockroaches ate half of it.