Welcome Fellow Goatist!
Leaving all the old shit behind
I borrowed the term from the Wikipedia Signpost reports on Arbcom proceedings. I will use the term "arguments" henceforward and would be happy to edit the previous taboo term on the Coop page if necessary and allowed. Sorry for any potential misunderstanding. nobsSmile, and be friends.. 19:59, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
- No need to edit anything, repetition of fancy words just annoys me. As does having to stay sober on Friday evenings. Knight CommanderIn ServiceTo HerGoatness 20:02, 2 October 2020 (UTC)
Vote on coop
Hi. I've changed the 3.14 hours to days (per mooses request). You may or may not wish to adjust your vote. Remember the penalties are consecutive so all successful penalties will be applied. ShabiDOO 19:02, 3 October 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm not ready for it yet. Knight CommanderIn ServiceTo HerGoatness 12:03, 3 November 2020 (UTC)
Hi pal! Hope I'm not disturbing ya. I saw that you removed some of the dead links in the Genesis 3D article.
There is a website called the Wayback Machine. It's basically a big repository of websites that have been preserved, and everyone can save pages there or access them. When I come across a dead link, I try and use their search function to see if anyone archived the page I'm looking for. It's particularly useful for things like controversial Twitter comments, which tend to get deleted (it's what I find it most helpful with, since other stuff on the net seems a bit sturdier). So for example, this:
is a dead link NOW, but somebody has preserved it for us so we can still use it as a reference (it takes a while to load, but it's pretty funny to read I must say). What I do after finding it is boot the dead link, insert the archive link, and in brackets say "Archived from the original on DD/MM/YYYY" after the title of the article. You don't have to or anything of course, I'm not your boss or something. I hope I wasn't rude, it's just that it took me a while to figure out this trick and wished somebody had explained it to me.
Regards. (Also I'm feeling mega bored and will hunt URLs later today, so don't worry about the dead links, I'll put in the archived ones later myself. IF I can find them. Mind yourself!) - Rairyu75 (Talk) 20:08, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks, I was aware of Wayback Machine (even had to dress up some of the links to it). However I wasn't sure how to operate it. I'll try to find the archives to the links I deleted when I get home (I've been doing this during a boring work shift). I marked most of the deleted links with Template:Ref template and others in edit summaries, so I should be able to hunt down them from article histories. Knight CommanderIn ServiceTo HerGoatness 20:21, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
Some BoN annoying me
The Sam Harris article is a two thousand word far-left circle jerk that doesn’t even pretend to honestly represent his views. You can’t honestly believe that it’s a credit to the site.— Unsigned, by: 18.104.22.168 / talk / contribs
- I generally don't take well into major tone adjustments made into articles without talking about it first. Take it to the Sam Harris articles talk page instead please.
- Also, please sign your talk page comments with four tildes (~). Knight CommanderIn ServiceTo HerGoatness 01:07, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
I understand you are working on a case of cirrhosis? I have it mildly however what floored me was the pancreatitis. You don't know pain until your pancreas turns against you. AceModerator 21:54, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
- I understand that the David Bowie variety of cancer is also a distinct possibility. Would bring me one step closer to celebrity at least. Knight CommanderIn ServiceTo HerGoatness 04:24, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
- When I pancreas went the first time I was hooked up with Morphine, Fentanyl and Ketamine for the pain... for 30 straight hours. Another time I had taken some acid when my pancreas failed on me and I didn't tell the doctor about it. When the Ketamine kicked in shit got fucking weird. AceModerator 04:53, 25 November 2020 (UTC)
|Mikeypoo asks a rethorical question|