There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Gibbon → Heron → Iguana
I've just upgraded to Intrepid Iguana & it's effed me up slightly. Nothing I can't cope with but I don't know if it's worth it. Frohlich 09:18, 6 January 2009 (EST)
- The Gutsy machine is my live mail/web server so I'm nervous about fiddling, but I've got he old server as a test machine still running Drake I think, so I might try that, then at least I'm not in danger of stuffing up a live system. I may look into if going to Heron might be good enough, as that should be more stable? Worm (t | c) 09:38, 6 January 2009 (EST)
I notice that your edits have red !s next to them, so for some reason you haven't been handed the mop and broom yet. I also haven't used my beachrat powers in a while, so please accept my condolences on your janitorship. Damn, there's an RW:new sysop guide thing around here I helped write, but I can never remember the link. I suspect you, with your mad skillz, can find it it faster than I? All the best in this New Era! ħuman 23:01, 20 January 2009 (EST)
Like Lupin's popups that I ported? Ipatrol 16:32, 24 February 2009 (EST)
- The code for that needs considerable modification; images and templates don't work. Stupid evil Phantom Hoover! 16:32, 24 February 2009 (EST)
- Probbly needs work, but it's a damn good start. I also brought across 'Six Tabs' which I find very handy :) Phantom - if you can outline what you think needs looking at, I'm happy to assist Ipatrol in improving the code.Worm (t | c) 17:52, 24 February 2009 (EST)
Feel free to work on popups
A lateral move here
Congrats, you, too, are now a member of the Vandal group. Good job on this lateral move!Lord of the Goons 02:49, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- I feel like I should express dissent in some way. ummm. grrrrrrrrr. so there. Worm (t | c) 02:57, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
Eating in Knotts
Afternoon, sorry got a bit busy yesterday with that annoying distraction called "work." Here are my recommendations for Nottingham dining:
- If you like good quality Indian, then I can highly recommend Simla. It's south Indian food, quite spicy and different to your common-or-garden Indian. This is the restaurant that me and my mates always return to, and we've tried just about every other Indian restraurant in town. SIMLA RESTAURANT is a stylish restaurant providing comfortable dining in smart surroundings we are now well established in our newly refurbished site on James Street which provides a cool atmosphere & soft lighting. You may enjoy the unobtrusive background music chosen to compliment the delicious food which we now provide as a takeaway service.
Remember that all our dishes are freshly prepared, so please be patient. Quality Rules!
Every Monday night we have a buffet where you can eat as much as you like for a fixed price of £9.95 to include starters and main course.
This is an ever popular evening and booking is highly recommended to guarantee your table & avoid disappointment.
- If your party isn't too large and has a variety of tastes, then Capocci is good. It has a mixed menu of Italian, Mexican and Spanish, is a no-fuss sort of place, and impossible to walk out of still hungry.
- If you like Turkish, then Antalya is great. Never had a bad meal here, although veggies may struggle. Good service too and great for largish parties.
- If you're looking at the posh end of the scale, the World Service is a gem. Top class service and imaginative dishes, but not easy on the wallet. If your party is large, they have a private dining room. Alternatively, try Harts, although the first time I went there, I found it hard to find, even though I've lived in Nottingham for nearly 15 years!
- Whaheey..top advice. Plenty of choice there. Thank you very much.Worm(t | c) 16:20, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
Jarrah White's champion BoN - have we reached the DFTT boundary?
I think we've gotten all the mileage out of Jarrah White's BoN fan that we can. The BoN is just repeating himself now and your latest comment is a repetition of something that's already been explained to the BoN at least two or three times. It seems clear by now that this BoN is simply ad nauseam'ing without either being able or willing to understand any explanations given. One of the more ridiculous signs is the hair splitting in the latest post where the BoN insists that "I didn't say that I was a fellow moonhoaxer." Which is technically true, but considering the rehash of moonhoaxing crankery in his other posts (e.g. the use of terms such as "so-called evidence" or ""evidence"") and the fisking of statements to pounce on minor mistakes (à la the tracking stuff or the quote mining of Van Allen) as if they actually mattered, it hardly takes a huge leap of faith to surmise that the BoN is one of Jarrah's moonhoaxer buddies. I'll try to stop feeding this troll from now on as he seems stuck in a rut. and all that jazz. ScepticWombat (talk) 08:50, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I agree. I always get caught up in 'someone is wrong on the internet' syndrome, but I think we've reached the tipping point into 'never gonna get it'. May well just end up in another revert war though. Worm (talk) 10:32, 1 May 2015 (UTC)