| We control what|
you think with
|Said and done|
|Jargon, buzzwords, slogans|
“”The film is nothing more than the cart issues, wishes ramp and that lashbone, be hydrodash-tower, and cramp seven lash. Milbord zakt feebled-seven, tilsubatidemisemistupan.
|—Terry Bruge-Hiplo, Movie Reviews|
Word salad is a term applied to rants that completely fly off the rails of normal grammar and meaning.
Not your typical deli salad
The most obvious example, of course, is the Time Cube website, but many other lunatics manage to diverge into what "looks like" a human language, but on deeper exploration (called "reading") proves to be utter nonsense.
Keep in mind that if an otherwise coherent person suddenly starts speaking word salad, it could be a sign of an impending stroke. Please call 911 (or the equivalent number) as soon as possible if this is the case.
Word salad generators are sometimes written by beginning programmers for the sake of amusement.
- The loyal lens caps detect loyal cadavers
- Her spontaneous persons stink crepuscular ramen noodles
- My foul xylophones deport lovely autobiographers
- His infectious Gatsby impersonators obliterate round bombs
- Their extreme lemmings graphitize bitchy leeks
- Philosopher Pulls a Sokal on Theology Conferences — Two theology conferences mistook this intentional word salad for serious theology, see duping theologians. For the meaning behind "pulling a Sokal", see our article on the Sokal affair.
- Word salad
- Overexposure to old Yes albums (particularly Tales from Topographic Oceans) is suspected to be an environmental trigger.