| A guide to|
|Persons of interest|
He is the current Chief Minister of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh under the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
(Mis)Handling of pandemic
“”The government should explore all possibilities of raising oxygen supply and look for alternatives. Officials should get in touch with experts from IIT Kanpur and other technical institutes and look at the possibility of converting nitrogen to oxygen.
|—Yogi Adityanath (what happens when you elect relgious leaders instead of scientific ones)|
He had threatened those requesting oxygen during the COVID 19 pandemic in India. In the pandemic year, he spent only 4% of his advertising budget on coronavirus awareness and relief campaigns. The remaining budget was used to fund TV and full page newspaper propaganda advertisements in order to keep approval ratings high when people were dying less from the virus itself but more of the oxygen shortage crisis caused by poor planning and infrastructure.
Cows > Humans
Adityanath is known for giving more importance to the welfare of Cows instead of Humans.
“”Humans important but cows important too
|—Yogi Adityanath on mob lynchings|
69% of Cow related mob lynching incidents from India happens in Adityanath's own Uttar Pradesh.
UP was also among the worst hit Indian states from the coronavirus. Amid this humanitarian crisis caused by escalating cases and crippling shortage of medical supplies, Yogi Adityanath seemed more concerned about protecting the local stray cow population and his own public image, ordering directives to set up help-desks and protection centres for cows equipped with vital medical equipment such as oximeters and thermal scanners.
Over 5,268 such cow protection centres were built, to protect around 5,73,417 cattle in the state.
“”Western feminism will hamper the creation and stability of the home and the family.
“”Women are not capable of being left free or independent.
“”If men acquire women-like qualities, they become gods but when women acquire men like qualities, they become (‘rakshasa’) demon like.
Unsurprisingly, Uttar Pradesh is an unsafe place for women, being the highest contributor to "Crimes Against Women" in India. Don't even think about registering a police case if the victim is from a lower caste.
Adityanath's followers on many occasions have promoted the idea of digging up graves of Muslim Women and raping their corpse.
Hatred of other religions
“” When I speak, thousands listen.. When I ask them to rise and protect our Hindu culture, they obey. If I ask for blood, they will give me blood. I will not stop till I turn UP and India into a Hindu rashtra.
“”This word ‘secularism’ is the biggest threat to develop India’s prosperous traditions and give it a spot on the global stage. The biggest hurdle is this. We have to move away from this and focus on this direction with a pure, moral and healthy life.
“”If one Hindu girl gets converted, we will convert 100 Muslim girls
“”If given a chance, we will install statues of Goddess Gauri, Ganesh and Nandi in every mosque
At a rally, he asked his audience to organise themselves to fight Muslims as “Hindu culture and Muslim culture can never coexist.” Another speaker at the rally suggests Muslim women be taken out of their graves and be raped. Yet another speaker at the same event states that after the formation of Hindu Rahstra, Muslims will be reduced to 2nd class citizens and their voting rights will be removed.
“Anti Romeo Squad”
As the self-appointed guardian of Hindu culture, Adityanath has created "Anti Romeo Squad", a moral policing squad, which patrols Parks, Movie Theatres and College Campuses to give "red cards" to eve-teasers and to harass unmarried couples.
Couples celebrating Valentine's day are given counseling since "Valentines Day" is an imported Western Celebration. Despite his genius efforts, Uttar Pradesh remains one of the most dangerous places for women in India.
In 2005, Adityanath conducted a "purification Drive" to convert 1,800 Christians into Hinduism.
- Explore possibility of O2 production from nitrogen: UP CM Yogi Adityanath Times of India
- Oxygen shortage | Seize property of those spreading rumours: Yogi Adityanath "The Hindu"
- Humans important but cows important too: Yogi Adityanath on Mob Lynchings India Today
- Uttar Pradesh Emerges As Deadliest State For Cow-Related Violence Bloomberg Quint
- Yogi Adityanath : Help desks for cows in every Uttar Pradesh district Times of India
- 13 Times It Was Quite Evident That Yogi Adityanath Was Living In The Stone AgesScoop Whoop
- They Need Protection, Not Independence: How CM Yogi Views WomenThe Quint
- Uttar Pradesh no safe place for women: Rape followed by murder rises as convictions remain low, juveniles get little care First Post
- Uttar Pradesh tops in crimes against women, says NCRB report The Hindu
- In an Indian village, a woman's killing and alleged rape opens caste divides Reuters
- Modi’s party is finally confident enough to reveal its most venomous religious agenda to IndiaQZ
- UP's anti-Romeo squads: Sobering reminder of how far moral policing has gone in IndiaMathrubhumi
- 10 Things to Know About Yogi Adityanath, the Next UP CMNews 18