Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS, translated into English as National Volunteer Organization) is a far-right organization from India advocating Hindutva (Hindu nationalism). RSS is the parent organisation of Bharatiya Janata Party, a Hindu party and current ruling party of India.
India has banned RSS on three separate occasions, once after Gandhi’s assassination (for which one of their members was responsible), and most recently after they razed the Babri Mosque claiming that it was built over a Hindu temple. The organization was acquitted each time and its members vehemently deny militancy, although their critics disagree and often label it as a terrorist organization.
In 2009, some RSS followers claimed that western brands like Pepsi and Coca-Cola were corrupting "Indian culture", and introduced the cow urine soda in India. The drink contained cow urine with flavors such as Aloe vera and some Ayurvedic herbs. They promotes the drinking of cow urine as a cure for diseases arguing, "Cow urine offers a cure for around 70 to 80 incurable diseases like diabetes."
'Applying Cow Dung on Mobile Phone to Block radiation.'
In 2017,Shankar Lal, President of Bharatiya Gau Sewa Sangh (An RSS affiliate dedicated for Cow lovers) said.
“”It is fresh cow dung. I have put it to save myself from the harmful radiations of the cellphone. It works, believe me, If cow dung can treat cancer, why can't it save us from a phone's microwaves? 
- rashtriya means national, swayamsevak means volunteer, and sangh means organization
- Les Back and John Solomos (2000), Theories of Race and Racism: A Reader, p.591, ISBN 9780415156714. "It is important to note the marriage between far-right-wing Hindutva ideology and western New Ageism in the works of writers like David Frawley (1994, 1995a, 1995b) who is both a key apologist for the Hindutva movement and the author of various New Age books on Vedic astrology, oracles and yoga."
- I. K. Shukla (2003). Hindutva: An Autopsy of Fascism as a Theoterrorist Cult and Other Essays. Media House. pp.105–. ISBN 978-81-7495-143-4. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Udder Nonsense? Cow Urine Promoted for Health Benefits Livescience
- RSS Leader Applies Cow Dung On His Cellphone To Guard Against Radiation Huffington Post.
|Articles on RationalWiki about Hindu nationalism|
|Bal Thackeray - Bharatiya Janata Party - David Frawley - Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh - Hindu University of America - Hindutva - Narendra Modi - Sanskrit - Savitri Devi - Vishwa Hindu Parishad of America - Yogi Adityanath|