| How the sausage is made|
Narendra Modi is the (significantly more successful) Donald Trump of India, a wingnut and the 14th and current Prime Minister of India since 2014. He is known for his courting of far-right authoritarian social cleansers who seek to purge the nation of all undesirables, much like his American counterpart.
Modi is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and its parent organization the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), far-right-wing organization advocating Hindutva, which was banned on three separate occasions and labeled as a terrorist organization. In 2005, United States revoked the visa of Modi, who at that time was the Chief Minister of Indian state of Gujarat where he was accused of not preventing the riots that killed more than 1,000 people.
- 1 Bigotry
- 2 Rewriting History
- 3 Anti Intellectualism
- 4 Cow Vigilantism and Mob Lynching
- 5 Personal Views
- 6 BJP IT Cell a.k.a WhatsApp University
- 7 Detention Camps
- 8 Propaganda at Schools
- 9 What he says
- 10 Modi when asked about 2002 Gujarat riots
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Modi is known for indirectly supporting Hindu Fringe groups for attacks against Muslim and Christians. RSS, which he is a member of is a pro Hindutva organization that is training people including children for the upcoming war against Muslims.
“”From the visuals on TV, those setting the fire can be identified by their clothes.
|— Modi, about Muslims |
In 2019, stripped the autonomy of the Muslim majority state of Kashmir and put in under lockdown, which lead to lack of internet access for months and a loss of $2.4 billion loss in the state's economy.
History books in schools have been tweaked to give importance to right-wing ideologies, Hindu rulers are glorified and there is no mention of RSS's hand in Gandhi's assassination. There is no mention of India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru(Who belonged to BJP's rival party Indian National Congress) in textbooks, instead, the life of Nazi admirer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar is written in detail.
His government has been renaming ancient cities from names given by Islamic rulers to new "Hindu" names.
There are attempts to remove references to Islamic rulers from History textbooks at Schools.
“”Hard work is more powerful than Harvard
Modi government is a promoter of Anti-intellectualism, dissenters are labeled 'Urban Naxals' and harassed by the right-wing workers. Scholars were forced to step down and pro-Hindutva supporters took their place.
“”Intellectuals live in this country and use all facilities for which we pay tax. Then they raise slogans against our Army. India faces grave danger from them. If I was Home Minister, I would have issued orders to shoot them.
|—Basanagouda Patil Yatnal, BJP Lawmaker and Modi's minion|
On January 6, 2020, a group of Hinduvta supporters entered Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi with the help of police and attacked Students and Teachers who protested against fee Hike.
“”JNU is a hub of communists and we won’t tolerate such hubs. They abuse our religion and our country. Their attitude towards our religion is anti-national. In future, too, we will take the same action in other universities if someone tries to indulge in anti-national activities
|—Hindu Raksha Dal claiming responsibility of the attacks.|
Cow Vigilantism and Mob Lynching
More than 44 people have died from mob lynching by cow vigilantes since Modi came to power. Most of the mob lynching incidences happened as a result of false accusations. The majority of the lynching victims are Muslims.
In an infamous case from 2017, a group of cow vigilantes lynched a cattle trader who was on his way back after attending a cattle fair, on suspicion of cow smuggling. All the accusers were left free by the court and the dead victim had cases registered against him by the police. Many criminal activities are ignored by the police because of the culprit's affiliation to various Hindutva outfits.
Modi believes that India is a target of a global conspiracy and all Muslims in the country are part of it. Modi is responsible for the 2002 Hindu-Muslim riot which lead to more than 1,000 deaths by intentionally keeping the police from controlling the violence.
“”Modi elaborated a fantastical theory of how India was the target of a global conspiracy, in which every Muslim in the country was likely complicit. Modi was a fascist in every sense, I don’t mean this as a term of abuse. It’s a diagnostic category.
|—Ahsis Nandy, A political psychologist who interviewed Modi in 1996|
BJP IT Cell a.k.a WhatsApp University
BJP IT Cell is a group of paid workers who spam the internet with Pro Modi propaganda and hijack online polls.
It is jokingly called WhatsApp University due to their extensive use of the messaging app WhatsApp to spread propaganda.
IT cell is known for generating twitter trends about boycotting famous people who criticize the government.
Modi government has been building Detention Camps to put people(Mostly Muslims) who have failed their citizenship test. He has introduced a new law that allows people of other religions except for Islam, to get Indian citizenship even if they fail to show documents of their citizenship.This effectively strips the citizenship of Muslims who are poor and not able to acquire documents to show their citizenship.
His new genocide attempt has led to various protests across the country and the subsequent attack on Universities by the police and Hindu extremist groups as revenge. So far 27 people have have died as a result of police brutality.
Propaganda at Schools
In 2019, after removing the special status of the Muslim majority state of Kashmir, children aged 11-12 from a school in the state of Haryana were tasked with writing a letter to Modi, thanking him for the decision.
In 2020, as a result of the Citizenship Amendment Act protests in India, Prime Minister's Office ordered schools to force the students to write a letter to Modi, supporting his new law that grants Indian citizenship to people based on their religion.
What he says
Millennia ago, genetics research enabled in vitro fertilization
In the Indian epic Mahabharata, a character Karna is described as having born to an unmarried woman. In 2014, while delivering a lecture in front of a group of doctors and other professionals, Modi said that Karna's birth outside his mother's womb is the proof of the existence of genetic science in ancient India:
|—Narendra Modi, BJP politician and the 14th Prime Minister of India|
Ancient cosmetic surgery successfully grafted an elephant head onto a human body
Ganesha is a well-known Hindu deity. His body is that of a human and his head is that of an elephant. In 2014, Modi suggested that this could be possible because an ancient Indian plastic surgeon transplanted elephant's head on the body of a human being.
“”We worship Lord Ganesha. There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant’s head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery."
|—Narendra Modi, BJP politician and the 14th Prime Minister of India|
Modi when asked about 2002 Gujarat riots
And since then, all of his interviews are scripted.
- I. K. Shukla (2003). Hindutva: An Autopsy of Fascism as a Theoterrorist Cult and Other Essays. Media House. pp.105–. ISBN 978-81-7495-143-4. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- U.S. Denies Visa to Indian Hindu Nationalist Washington Post
- Modi Makes His Bigotry Even Clearer The New York Times
- New recruits to Hindu cause hear anti-Muslim message Reuters
- Modi Plays Communal Card on CAA, Targets Muslim Protestors The Wire
- Rewriting history: Akbar lost to Maharana Pratap; Mahatma, Nehru missing from texts Hindustan Times
- BJP Government Gave Nod To Renaming 25 Places In India In A Year Huffington Post
- Tipu Sultan to be removed from history textbooks? Education minister seeks report India Today
- Hard work is more powerful than Harvard : Modi The Hindu
- The Curious Case of Anti-Intellectualism in MODIfied India—Ananyo ChakrabortyLokayata
- Would Have Got Intellectuals Shot If I Were Home Minister: BJP Lawmaker NDTV
- After hostel fee hike, JNU will become India’s most expensive central universityThe Print
- Masked goons strike terror in JNU, none arrestedThe Hindu
- New Delhi: Students, teachers attacked inside JNU campus Al Jazeera
- Hindu Raksha Dal Takes Onus for JNU Attack, Warns Other Varsities on ‘Anti-National' Activities News 18
- The violent rise of India’s cow vigilantes Vox
- Pehlu Khan lynching: All 6 accused walk free India Today
- Blood and Soil in Narendra Modi’s India The New Yorker
- Fake news buster embarrasses BJP IT cell with 'edited' tweetsThe Week
- 'Have You Just Joined WhatsApp University': Twitter Roasts Kiran Bedi For 'Sun Chants Om' Post News Nation
- Deepika Padukone shows up at JNU protest, sparks Twitter calls for boycott of ‘Chhapaak’The Print
- India’s massive, scary new detention camps, explainedVox
- 'This is propaganda': Indian school makes children write letter thanking Modi for stripping Kashmir's autonomy Independent
- Imagine the PMO bullying school children to write letters of support on CAA! National Herald
- Indian prime minister claims genetic science existed in ancient times The Guardian