Bharatiya Janata Party
|A guide to|
|Persons of interest|
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP, literally "Indian People's Party") is a right-wing Hindu nationalist and socially conservative political party in India. The BJP and its associated organizations often mix mythology with history and religion with science in their politics and public policies.
The Parent organisation of BJP is Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a far-right, paramilitary organization advocating Hindutva, which was banned on three separate occasions, once after Mahatma Gandhi's assassination (for which one of their members was responsible), and most recently after they razed the Babri Mosque that had been built over a Hindu temple.
- Founded in 1980.
- In 1991, L.K Advani starts Radh Yatra (Chariot Journey) to support the agitation to build a Ram Temple on the site of Babri Masjid (Babri Mosque).
- In 1992, destruction of Babri Mosque.
- In the 1999 general election, the BJP won 183 seats in the parliament and formed the national government. Atal Bihari Vajpayee became the Prime Minister of India.
- In 2001, BJP minister Murli Manohar Joshi tried to introduce astrology as a course in Indian university syllabus. And he succeeded.
- In 2002, communal riots happened in the BJP-ruled state of Gujarat, leaving 1,044 dead, 223 missing, and 2,500 injured
- In the 2004 general election, the BJP did not get enough seats in the parliament to form the national government.
- In 2007, BJP opposed the demolition of Ram Setu a.k.a. Adam Bridge (a natural geological formation at the India-Sri Lanka border), adding that it will demolish the bridge allegedly built by the Hindu God Rama.
- In the 2014 general election, the BJP won 282 seats and formed the national government. Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India.
- In 2017, BJP imposed a ban on the sale and purchase of cow for slaughter in most states of India, since cow is considered sacred in some Hindu castes.
- In the 2019 general election, the BJP won 303 seats and formed the national government. Narendra Modi was re-elected as the Prime Minister of India.
- In 2019, Supreme Court of India ordered that disputed land of Babri Mosque be handed over to the Ram Temple Trust.
- In 2019, BJP implemented a new discriminatory Citizenship Law that leads to protests and police brutality across the Country, Leaving 25 people dead within a week.
- In 2020, Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for Ram Temple.
Views Towards Women
|—Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, one of the daddies of Hindutva Movement.|
BJP has the highest number of elected officials with cases for crimes against women, including rape.
Modi is the current Prime Minister of India having served since 2014.
Militant Monk, world-class misogynist and self-appointed saviour of cows and Hinduism.
Amit Shah is currently serving as the Minister of Home Affairs. He served as the President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) from 2014 to 2020. He is the chief strategist of the BJP and a close aide to Narendra Modi.
Nirmala Sitharaman serves as the Finance Minister under the Modi government. She was found to have asked an astrologer to help her make financial decisions for the whole country.
Smriti Irani serves as the Minister of Women and Child Development under the BJP. She has advocated child abuse. Her educational qualifications were found to be forged.
Sambit Patra serves as Narendra Modi's spokesperson who represents his party on television debates and has mastered the art of Ad Hominem attacks and baseless propaganda.
Kuldeep Singh Sengar
Kuldeep Singh Sengar is an elected BJP MLA who was convicted of rape, murder, attempt to murder, criminal conspiracy and criminal intimidation for raping a minor and killing the victim's father in police custody, murdering two aunts and paralyzing the victim's lawyer after two years, when a truck rammed into the car they were travelling in.
Pragya Singh Thakur
Pragya Singh Takur is a member of Parliament and accused terrorist, who for a brief period was appointed as a member of the Defence Committee before being dismissed for calling Gandhi's murderer a "Patriot". She was accused of taking part in the 29 September 2008 western India bombings after her bike was found to be used in the blast and was arrested. In 2017, she was given bail on health grounds. In 2019, she contested the 2019 General Election under BJP and won by a margin of 364,822 votes.
In January 1999, Australian missionary Graham Staines and his two sons, aged 11 and 7, were burnt alive by a group of men with links to the Bajrang Dal, an affiliate of RSS while they were sleeping inside a Station Wagon. Sarangi was chief of the Bajrang Dal at that time.
In 2019, he contested the election and is currently a Minister under BJP.
What their leaders say
Cow urine and cow dung cure cancer
In 2015, Shankarbhai Vegad, a BJP politician and a Member of Parliament, claimed that cow urine and cow dung can cure cancer. This means he literally thinks you should eat bullshit. He said:
“”I am witness to it, cow dung and urine are a 100 per cent cure for cancer.
|—Shankarbhai Vegad, BJP MP|
In 2019, During an election rally BJP MP and small-time terrorist Pragya Singh Takur claimed that a mixture of cow urine and other cow products cured her breast cancer. She also underwent bilateral mastectomy procedure, but she's pretty sure it's the cow urine that worked.
Cow is the only animal to inhale as well as exhale oxygen
In 2017, the education minister of the Indian state of Rajasthan Vasudev Devnani claimed that the cow is the only animal that inhales as well as exhales oxygen. He underscored the 'scientific significance' of the cow by saying:
“”The cow is the only animal that takes in oxygen and also releases oxygen. … there is a need to understand the scientific significance of the cow and ensure that the message reaches all people…
|—Vasudev Devnani, education minister of the Indian state of Rajasthan|
In 2018, the animal husbandry minister of the Indian state of Uttarakhand Rekha Arya repeated this claim. She said that the cow is the
“”only animal that not only inhales oxygen but also exhales it.
Of course, plenty of oxygen-breathers exhale oxygen. When humans breathe air, it's about 21% oxygen; about 16% of an exhale is oxygen. Sorry, Rekha Arya; cows just aren't as special as you think they are.
Indian cow milk is yellowish, therefore contains gold
In 2019, Bengal BJP president Dilip Ghosh claimed that milk of Desi cows contain gold, and the hump is responsible for the production of gold.
“”Desi cows have a hump on their back. Foreign breeds do not have a hump and their backs are plain like that of a buffalo. The hump has 'Swarna Nari'. When sunlight falls on the hump, it produces gold. That is why the milk of desi cow is yellowish or lightly golden. It contains gold.
BJP affiliates and politicians like Swami Chakrapani and Suman Haripriya claimed that drinking cow urine and applying cow dung on the body can cure coronavirus.
Cow dung chips
In 2020 October, Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog (Commission for Cow) chief Vallabhbhai Kathiria unveiled a chip made from cow dung which he claimed will protect from cell phone radiation.
“”Cow dung will protect everyone, it is anti-radiation… It's scientifically proven… This is a radiation chip that can be used in mobile phones to reduce radiation. It'll be safeguard against diseases.
Foreign cows are our aunties
In 2019, Bengal BJP president Dilip Ghosh, while explaining the superiority of Indian cows, said,
“”The breeds of cows that we bring from abroad are not cows. They are a kind of 'janwar' (beast). These foreign breeds don't sound like cows. Those are not our Taumata (mother) but our aunties. It is not good for the country if we worship such aunties.
|— Dilip Ghosh, BJP Politician.|
Muslims keeping cows is Love Jihad
In 2019, BJP leader Ranjit Bahadur Srivastava had an interesting theory about Muslims, Cows and Love Jihad.
“”Cows in the houses of Muslims should be taken back. When we consider girls from our homes going to their homes as 'love jihad', shouldn't we consider 'gau mata' going to their homes 'love jihad' too? This is love jihad. Cows should be taken back from them at any cost.
Vote for BJP to kill all Muslims
In 2019, Ranjeet Bahadur Srivastava, a BJP leader, said, addressing a gathering in Uttar Pradesh:
“”In the past five years, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made attempts to break the morale of the Muslims. Vote for PM Modi if you want to destroy the breed of Muslims. Despite partition, the Muslim population is increasing in the country and soon they will able to get the grip on the power through voting.
Muslims and Christians wiped out of India by 2021
BJP and RSS leader Rajeshwar Singh, openly boasting of his government's intent to “ethnically cleanse 200 million Muslims and 28 million Christians,” said:
“”Wait and watch... Muslims and Christians will be wiped out of India by December 31, 2021... This is our pledge
Religious fundamentalism and nationalist pseudohistory
Ancient nuclear test
MP Ramesh Pokhriyal also claimed that an ancient Indian sage, Kanad, who is thought to have lived around the 2nd century BCE, conducted a nuclear test: He said,
“”Today we are talking about nuclear tests. Lakhs of years ago, Sage Kanad had conducted a nuclear test. Our knowledge and science do not lack anything.
|—Ramesh Pokhriyal, BJP MP|
So, according to his argument, the Trinity, the nuclear test conducted in 1945 was not the first nuclear test. An ancient Indian sage who lived 4,000 years ago conducted a nuclear test far before Trinity. That seems
batshit crazy perfectly sensible.
Millennia-ago genetics research enabled in vitro fertilization
In the Indian epic Mahabharata, a character Karna is described as having been born to an unmarried woman. In 2014, India's prime minister Narendra Modi, while delivering a lecture in front of a group of doctors and other professionals, said that Karna's birth outside his mother's womb is the proof of the existence of genetic science in ancient India:
“”We all read about Karna in the Mahabharata. If we think a little more, we realise that the Mahabharata says Karna was not born from his mother's womb. This means that genetic science was present at that time. That is why Karna could be born outside his mother’s womb.
|—Narendra Modi, BJP politician and the 14th Prime Minister of India|
Ancient cosmetic surgeon grafted the elephant head on the human body
Ganesha is a well-known Hindu deity. His body is that of a human and his head is that of an elephant. In 2014, Indian prime minister Narendra Modi suggested that this could be possible because an ancient Indian plastic surgeon transplanted an elephant's head on the body of a human being. Yes, this was the prime minister. People like this are in charge all over the world.
“”We worship Lord Ganesha. There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant's head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery.
Arjun's arrowhead had nuclear power
In 2020, The BJP politician and Governor of West Bengal, Jagdeep Dhankhar, claimed that flying objects existed during Ramayana days and Arjun's (a character from the book) arrowhead had nuclear power.
“”Aeroplane was invented in 1910 or 1911, but if we get into our old scriptures… in Ramayana we had uran khatola and in Mahabharata, we had a situation where Sanjay narrated everything… we had those arrows of Arjuna that had nuclear power. The world can no longer afford to ignore India.
Sun chants om
In 2020, BJP politician and the Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry Kiran Bedi tweeted a video claiming that the Sun chants the Hindu symbol Om.
“”NASA Recorded Sound of Sun, SUN CHANTS OM
Astrology is the topmost science
In 2014, a BJP MP (Member of Parliament), Ramesh Pokhriyal, (currently (2021) Minister of Education!) described astrology (in Hindi, astrology is called jyotish) as the topmost science, saying,
“”Jyotish is a science to make calculations lakhs [100,000s] of years in advance. All other sciences have been dwarfed by our ancient astrologers. Astrology is the number one science for the entire world. We should promote the science… I want to say that astrology is the topmost science in the world.
|—Ramesh Pokhriyal, BJP MP|
Speaking Sanskrit keeps diabetes and cholesterol at bay
In 2019, BJP politician Ganesh Singh claimed, speaking Sanskrit language daily can prevent diabetes and cholesterol. He, said:
“”As per a research done by a US-based academic institution, speaking the Sanskrit language daily boosts the nervous system and keeps diabetes and cholesterol at bay.
On the same occasion, he also said:
Brahmins Have different DNA
In 2020, BJP leader and Gujarat Assembly Speaker, while addressing the "Mega Brahmin Business Summit" (basically an Indian version of a white supremacist meeting) said Brahmins have different DNA while adding that most Nobel Prize winners from India are Brahmins.
“”We are born as Brahmins and we have the DNA of Brahmin.
|— Rajendra Trivedi, BJP Politician.|
He didn't miss the opportunity to make another racist remark:
“”Friends, if you have been to Africa, you must have seen the colour and look of the people. You must have seen people in China, you can't even tell whether their eyes are open or closed. Same is the case with the Japanese. But, when you come back to our Hindustan and go to Punjab, Haryana etc, you will see well-built (Kadavar) people. You must have seen cows in the small mountains… look at the cows in the flat area. There are state-wise and country-wise differences in the world. This diversity is due to climate and everyone's DNA.
|—Rajendra Trivedi, BJP Politician.|
'Human excretion by atheists caused floods'
In 2014, A year after a massive flood hit the state of Uttarakhand, Union Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti explained the underlying cause of the flood — atheists shitting near the shrine.
“”However, as time passed, atheists came here, mainly for business purposes. This resulted in nature's fury at Kedarnath in 2013 … immediate reason was cloudburst and excessive rains… But the underlying reason was human excretion."
People who feel unsafe in India should be bombed
As a response to the criticism of growing violence across the country, elected BJP MLA Vikram Saini said:
“”My personal view is that those who say they feel unsafe and threatened in India should be bombed. Give me a ministry and I will bomb all such people, not even one will be spared.
Kill all intellectuals
Repeating his party's opinion about intellectuals, BJP lawmaker Basanagouda Patil Yatnal said:
Maths never helped Einstein discover gravity
In 2019, while trying to explain the failing economy, BJP member and Commerce Minister of India Piyush Goyal said that maths never helped Einstein discover gravity.
“”Don't get into those maths; those maths never helped Einstein discover gravity. … If he had only gone by structured formulae and what was past knowledge, I don’t think there would have been any innovation in this world.
|—Piyush Goyal, Commerce Minister of India.|
Darwin was wrong about evolution
Satyapal Singh, minister of higher education in India, demanded the theory of evolution be removed from school curriculum because no one “ever saw an ape turning into a human being” “I have a list of around 10 to 15 great scientists of the world who have said there is no evidence to prove that the theory of evolution is correct,” Singh told a crowd at a university in Assam state, adding that Albert Einstein had agreed the theory was “unscientific”.
Children who eat eggs will turn into man-eaters
In 2019, as a reaction to state government's introduction of eggs in mid-day meals at Anganwadis (Free Child Care Centres), Gopal Bhargav, BJP leader and former Minister said.
“”What can you expect from a malnourished government? Today it's offering eggs; later it may serve chicken and goats… If you offer them eggs from childhood, they will eat flesh when they grow up… they may turn into man-eaters.
Goddess Lakshmi On bank notes
BJP politician Subramanian Swamy, who was responding to a question about the picture of Hindu God Ganesha on Indonesian currency said,
“”Prime Minister Narendra Modi can answer this question. I am in favour (of this). Lord Ganesha removes obstacles. I rather say that a picture of Goddess Lakshmi (on currency notes) may improve the condition of Indian currency. Nobody should feel bad about this.
Blow a conch and bathe in mud to build immunity
When not promoting bigotry and instigating riots, BJP leaders give health advice to the people. In August 2020, BJP MP Sukhbir Singh Jaunapuria shared a video on Facebook in which he advised his people to — blow a conch, bathe in mud and eat leaves from various plants — to build immunity from COVID.
“” You will not get immunity by consuming medicines. You will get immunity only naturally. You should go out, into the rain, sit in the mud, do cycling, blow conch shells, eat desi food… There is no need to eat medicines for immunity.
|— Sukhbir Singh Jaunapuria|
No beef For tigers
In 2020 October, Assam BJP leader Satya Ranjan Borah expressed his problem with tigers in the zoo eating beef.
“”In Hindu society we give importance to protection of cow, but it is the staple food for carnivores in the zoo and part of government supply. Our objection is — why serve beef? Why not other meat?
|—Satya Ranjan Borah|
He then offered a solution to feed the tigers with deer from the zoo, even though they are considered vulnerable by IUCN.
Women must live within limits
In the wake of 2020 Hathras gang rape and murder BJP MLA from Ballia, Surendra Singh said that such incidents can be stopped if "parents inculcated good values in their daughters".
“” When you sow a small plant, then you keep watch on it so that wild cattle should not eat that sapling.
Modi sleeps for only 2 hours every day
Maharashtra BJP chief Chandrakant Patil had to say this about his Supreme Leader.
“”PM Modi sleeps for only two hours and works for 22 hours every day... He is experimenting now so that he need not have to sleep...
What their leaders do
Pouring water over a globe to reduce global warming
Beyond Hindutva and bigotry, BJP followers are also concerned about the environment and contribute a lot toward its protection with the help of woo. In 2018 BJP's National Secretary H. Raja poured water over a plastic model of the globe while chanting spells to reduce global warming.
To please the gods of rain, Lalita Yadav, minister of state for woman and child development in Madhya Pradesh organized a frog wedding and married off two frogs.
“”As the environment is not happy with Bundelkhand, we are trying to please the gods to make balance in the environment. In old days, our forefathers used to organise religious rituals at temples to please the gods.
In November 2020, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced that the government is going to form a "Cow Cabinet" for the welfare of cows.
“”It has been decided to set up a "Cow Cabinet" for the protection and promotion of cows in the state. Animal Husbandry, Forest, Panchayat and Rural Development, Revenue, Home and Farmers Welfare Department will be a part of the "Cow Cabinet"
|—Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
Just few days after announcing "Cow Cabinet", the Madhya Pradesh government announced that they were planning to impose a cess (tax) to generate money for running cow shelters.
“”I am thinking of imposing some minor tax to raise money for the welfare of the gaumata and for the upkeep of cow sheds… Is it alright?
|—Shivraj Singh Chouhan|
Love Jihad law
In November 2020, governments of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, both under BJP rule announced that they are going to form new laws against "Love Jihad", a phenomenon for which even the National Commission of Women (a government body under BJP) says they don't have data.
Surgery permit for Ayurveda
In November 2020, Narendra Modi, who has claimed that plastic surgery was practised in ancient India, fulfilled one of his fantasies by permitting Ayurvedic practitioners to conduct surgeries.
In January 2021, the Cow Commission announced their decision to conduct a nationwide exam to infuse curiosity about Indian bovines among citizens, the one they lovingly call "Gau Mata". The study material released, purports Gau Mata as superior to foreign cows. It claims that various diseases can be cured with by-products of cows. The claims range from earthquakes happening as a result of cow slaughter to the existence of gold in the milk of Indian cows.
Rename dragon fruit
A day after the news of Chinese villages in territories claimed by India broke out, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced that they are renaming Dragon Fruit to "Kamalam" (since dragons are associated with China). Never mind that dragons are not specific to China, nor that dragon fruit originated from the Americas.
BJP IT Cell a.k.a WhatsApp University
Amit Shah, BJP Chief Strategist, Minister, and former president of BJP, claimed that BJP could make any message, whether real or fake, go viral. BJP IT Cell is a group of paid workers who spam the internet with pro-Modi propaganda and hijack online polls. It is jokingly called WhatsApp University due to their extensive use of the messaging app WhatsApp to spread propaganda. IT cell is known for generating Twitter trends about boycotting famous people who criticize the government.
On July 1, 2020, it was reported that BJP has appointed 9,500 IT cell heads and 72,000 WhatsApp groups for Bihar alone in order to win the state elections.
On January 6th, 2022, a disgruntled BJP IT cell worker became a whistleblower by revealing the existence of a secret app only for IT Cell workers, called ‘Tek Fog’, that allows them to bypass reCaptcha codes and mass-upload texts and hashtags. It gives IT cell workers a daily target to manipulate social media trends and hijack the ‘Trending’ section on Twitter and the ‘Trend’ section on Facebook. By exposing this content to a more diverse audience on the platform, it makes extremist narratives and political campaigns appear more popular than they actually are. Another feature of the app enables app operatives to ‘auto-reply’ to individuals or groups by connecting a Google Sheet or by auto generating keywords and phrases, a vast majority of which are abusive or derogatory.
The BJP also has relations with Facebook, with Facebook allowing pro-BJP propaganda to run freely on their own website that even breaks their rules and Facebook charging a cheaper ad-rate for BJP.
- ↑ Bharat is the Hindi name for India, Bharatiya is the adjective form which means Indian, janata is a Hindi word which means people
- ↑ https://www.thehindu.com/topic/bharatiya-janata-party/
- ↑ Modi Puts Hindu Myths at Center of India Politics Newsweek
- ↑ Myths made reality, bizarre claims made for ancient India's achievements Hindustan Times
- ↑ BJP under Modi went too far right, centrist politics needed: Prodyut Bora, BJP IT cell founder The Caravan
- ↑ The Far-Right Is Going Global Foreign Policy
- ↑ I. K. Shukla (2003). Hindutva: An Autopsy of Fascism as a Theoterrorist Cult and Other Essays. Media House. pp.105–. ISBN 978-81-7495-143-4. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- ↑ Les Back and John Solomos (2000), Theories of Race and Racism: A Reader, p.591, ISBN 9780415156714. "It is important to note the marriage between far-right-wing Hindutva ideology and western New Ageism in the works of writers like David Frawley (1994, 1995a, 1995b) who is both a key apologist for the Hindutva movement and the author of various New Age books on Vedic astrology, oracles and yoga."
- ↑ https://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/11/28/rss-terrorist-organisatio_n_8670084.html
- ↑ Ambedkar's great grandson calls RSS a 'terrorist organisation', calls for ban, MoneyControl, Jan 27, 2020
- ↑ "Indian Essentials", Penguin Books India, 01-Jan-2010, 9780143065265, page 384
- ↑ Gujarat riot death toll revealed 11-05-2005
- ↑ BJP opposes move to demolish `Rama Varadhi' 17-4-2007
- ↑ Sayantan Bera and Mayank Agarwal (27 May 2017). "Centre’s ban on sale of cattle for slaughter at animal markets will cripple buffalo trade". Live Mint.
- ↑ "Centre bans sale of cows for slaughter at animal markets, brings restrictions on cattle trade". Hindustan Times. 26 May 2017. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- ↑ https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/leaving-beef-bans-to-the-states/article7000180.ece
- ↑ https://www.forbes.com/sites/leezamangaldas/2017/06/05/indias-got-beef-with-beef-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-countrys-controversial-beef-ban/#5abd7c1553c2
- ↑ https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-40116811
- ↑ Ayodhya verdict live: Country's unity strengthened after verdict, say religious leaders Times of India
- ↑ Not just CAA, it’s a struggle against authoritarianism: Academics unite against police brutalityCAA Protests
- ↑ Ram Temple in Ayodhya will be a modern symbol of India's collective will power: PM Modi AIR
- ↑ Reading Savarkar: How a Hindutva icon justified the idea of rape as a political tool Scroll
- ↑ BJP has highest number of MPs and MLAs with cases of crimes against women, says study India Today
- ↑ https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/eye-on-rss/dress-how-you-want-to-be-addressed-rss-and-fascism
- ↑ https://thewire.in/politics/amit-shah-bjp-fake-social-media-messages
- ↑ https://youtu.be/OT4taPCAsBk
- ↑ https://thewire.in/politics/bjp-sambit-patra-fake-news-propaganda
- ↑ Expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar Convicted In Unnao Rape Case NDTV
- ↑ Sadhvi Pragya out of defence panel after calling Nathuram Godse a patriot, fired from BJP soon? India Today
- ↑ 2008 Malegaon blast: Judge examines Sadhvi Pragya's bike which allegedly was laden with explosives India Today
- ↑ Election results: Pragya Thakur wins from Bhopal against Digvijaya Singh Business Today
- ↑ Fact Check: Verifying claims about BJP MP Pratap Sarangi being involved in Graham Stains[sic murder in 1999] Fact Hunt
- ↑ Minister Pratap Sarangi has blood on his hands; an austere life is not a life without crime National Herald India
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Cow dung, urine can cure cancer: BJP MP The Hindu
- ↑ Pragya Singh Thakur hailed cow urine, but opted for ‘surgical treatment’ for cancer The Hindu
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 Cow only animal that inhales, exhales oxygen: Rajasthan minister The Indian Express
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 Cow the only animal to inhale, exhale oxygen, should get ‘Rashtra Mata’ status: BJP leader The Tribune
- ↑ https://sciencing.com/chemical-composition-exhaled-air-human-lungs-11795.html
- ↑ BJP Bengal chief Dilip Ghosh’s latest: ‘Desi cow milk contains gold, therefore yellowish in colour’Indian Express
- ↑ "Coronavirus: Can cow dung and urine help cure the novel coronavirus?". Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- ↑ "Novel coronavirus can be cured with gaumutra, gobar claims Assam BJP MLA Suman Haripriya". Retrieved 2020-03-05.
- ↑ Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog Chief Unveils Cow Dung Chips to Combat Mobile Phone Radiation The Wire
- ↑ Foreign Cows "Not Our Mothers But Aunties": Bengal BJP ChiefNDTV
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 Muslims keeping cows is love jihad: Barabanki BJP leader India Today
- ↑ https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/politics/190419/vote-in-favour-of-bjp-if-you-want-to-destroy-muslims-bjp-leader.html
- ↑ https://sabrangindia.in/article/muslims-and-christians-will-be-wiped-out-india-december-31-2021-bjp-leader-rajeshwar-singh
- ↑ https://www.boomlive.in/rss-leaders-controversial-remark-about-minorities-in-2014-revived/
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 48.2 48.3 Astrology topmost science, ancient sage did nuclear test: BJP MP Pokhriyal's gems of wisdom Firstpost
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 49.2 49.3 Astrology topmost science, PM Narendra Modi right on Ganesh surgery: Pokhriyal Indian Express
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 50.2 50.3 Indian prime minister claims genetic science existed in ancient times The Guardian
- ↑ Flying objects existed during Ramayana days, Arjun’s arrow had nuclear power: West Bengal governor Indian Express
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 NASA Recorded Sound of Sun, SUN CHANTS OM by Kiran Bedi (6:41 PM - 3 Jan 2020) Twitter (archived from 5 Jan 2020 00:21:59 UTC).
- ↑ 53.0 53.1 53.2 Speaking Sanskrit Keeps Diabetes and Cholesterol at Bay News 18
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 54.2 Gujarat Assembly Speaker Claims Brahmins Have 'Different DNA' The Wire
- ↑ Uma says ‘human excretion’ caused U'khand floods Hindustan Times
- ↑ People who feel unsafe in India should be bombed: BJP MLA from Muzaffarnagar Indian Express
- ↑ Would Have Got Intellectuals Shot If I Were Home Minister: BJP Lawmaker NDTV
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 Maths never helped “Einstein” discover “gravity”: Piyush GoyalThe Hindu
- ↑ Indian education minister dismisses theory of evolution The Guardian
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 MP BJP leader: Children who eat eggs may turn into man-eaters Indian Express
- ↑ Lakshmi on banknotes may improve the condition of Indian currency: Subramanian Swamy Telegraph
- ↑ Medicines won't give immunity: BJP MP bats for sitting in mud, conch shells The Week
- ↑ Assam BJP Leader Protests, Says No Beef For Tigers At Guwahati Zoo NDTV
- ↑ 'Women must live within limits' Rediff
- ↑ BJP's ‘antics’ Raja in Tamil Nadu gets a lot of attention but not the kind his party needs The Print
- ↑ BJP minister gets two frogs married to please gods of rain India Today
- ↑ Shivraj Chouhan Announces "Cow Cabinet" In Madhya Pradesh NDTV
- ↑ After Cow Cabinet, Madhya Pradesh Plans Tax To Raise Money For Sheds NDTV
- ↑ UP Home Department Proposes Tough Law Against "Love Jihad": Report NDTV
- ↑ Law Against 'Love Jihad' Soon, 5 Years' Jail, Says Madhya Pradesh Minister NDTV
- ↑ "Khichdification": Medical Body Slams Centre's Ayurveda Surgery Move NDTV
- ↑ In Syllabus for National Exam on Cows, Rastriya Kamdhenu Aayog Unleashes Half-Truths The Wire
- ↑ https://archive.ph/QfgQC
- ↑ 'Masterstroke Against China': Twitter Has a Field Day as Gujarat CM Renames Dragon Fruit The Wire
- ↑ See the Wikipedia article on Pitaya.
- ↑ Real or Fake, We Can Make Any Message Go Viral: Amit Shah to BJP Social Media Volunteers The Wire
- ↑ Fake news buster embarrasses BJP IT cell with 'edited' tweetsThe Week
- ↑ 'Have You Just Joined WhatsApp University': Twitter Roasts Kiran Bedi For 'Sun Chants Om' Post News Nation
- ↑ Deepika Padukone shows up at JNU protest, sparks Twitter calls for boycott of 'Chhapaak'The Print
- ↑ https://theprint.in/politics/9500-it-cell-heads-72000-whatsapp-groups-how-bjp-is-preparing-for-bihar-poll-battle/451740/
- ↑ https://thewire.in/tekfog/en/1.html
- ↑ https://www.reporters-collective.in/projects/eyeballpolitics-facebook-investigation