|It's not anarchy, it's|
|Smash the state|
|I'm not a fascist, I like...|
|Actually fascism is cool|
Anarchopedia is an online wiki-style encyclopedia written from an anarchist point of view. The wiki was founded in September 2004 by Serbian anarchist Miloš (or Milos) Rancic, who was a steward and administrator on Meta-Wiki. Anarchopedia is a multilingual encyclopedia with editions in different languages. The website is critical of statism and capitalism.
It has an anti-censorship policy and controversial articles that get deleted from Wikipedia were found there. While the wiki has very few editors and most of its articles are copied from Wikipedia, it has some interesting original coverages that are quite difficult to find elsewhere in the Internet:
- Collections of articles criticizing the establishment "left" and liberals, including Barack Obama, from a leftist point of view.
- A list of US military interventions and war crimes committed by the US military.
- Lists of independent left-wing publications and online (English-language) periodicals published by left-wing parties throughout the world.
- Lists of leftist organizations and political parties in the United States and throughout the world.
- Documentation of CIA activities throughout the world, including articles deleted from Wikipedia and links to existing Wikipedia articles.
- Sadly, a number of left-wing conspiracy theories. For example, it has an elaborate article supporting the pseudohistorical view that the moon landing was a hoax.
- A number of articles that originated from BoyWiki, a pro-pedophilia activist group.
- An interesting collection of various lists.
An article about Anarchopedia was created in the very early days of the English Wikipedia, but it was deleted in 2005 and nobody apparently tried to recreate it after 2006. At one point they had a stub in the "Simple English" Wikipedia, and had articles in other language branches, including Esperanto. Surprisingly, the most elaborate article is in the Italian branch.
- Anarchopedia, archive snapshot, 3 January 2011.
- Milos Rancic, Blogger profile.
- User:Millosh on meta.wikimedia.org.
- List of left criticism of left-wing parties in the United Kingdom
- List of left-wing articles critical of Barack Obama
- List of Military Interventions of the United States
- List of independent left-wing publications
- Online editions of printed English-language periodicals of left-wing parties
- List of Left-Wing Parties in the United States of America
- Lists of political parties
- Central Intelligence Agency activities
- Moon Hoax
- Articles that originated from BoyWiki
- Anarchopedia deletion discussion on Wikipedia.
- Italian Wikipedia: Anarchopedia