There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2019.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| It doesn't stop|
at the water's edge
KeyWiki is a wiki site which purports to be "a bipartisan knowledge base focusing primarily on corruption and the covert side of politics in the United States and globally", with a "particular interest" taken in anyone or anything considered to the ideological left of the founder, Trevor Loudon. Launching in April 2010, it opened with 35,000 profiles on people it links with the Democratic Socialists of America, the Center for American Progress, and other progressive organizations. The wiki is openly anti-socialist, and anyone who has even signed a petition from a left-wing group is also indexed on KeyWiki. The site strictly limits who can edit articles.
"We've got congressmen in there, 'peace' activists, labor unionists, black radicals, 'religious' socialists, 'greenies', left wing academics , Obama appointees and thousands of card-carrying socialists and communists," Loudon said in announcing the project. "In short, all the people who are dragging America down." 
Although some leftists have found it to be creepy, there's about nothing on it that can't already be found online. Its most dangerous information is probably a list of the members of the "Democratic Socialists of America Dank Meme Stash."
Loudon is a former vice president of ACT New Zealand, a center-right political party, who has a long-running penchant for publishing dossiers on anyone who smells "communist" or "socialist"; this dates back to the 1980s, when he gathered dossiers on all anti-nuclear activists in New Zealand and attempted to declare them agents of the Soviet Union. He also holds communists responsible for supplying the majority of the international drug trade.
Through his blog, he has published allegations of Barack Obama's connections with the Young Communist League. Dana Milbank of the Washington Post, in review, stated that some of "The charges [against Obama] ranged from the absurd to the merely questionable".
Understandably, his work is promoted by the American right-wing blog circuit (i.e., Accuracy in Media).
- Nerks, Fred (2010-04-12). "What Is KeyWiki?". The Free Republic. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/22/AR2008052203905.html. Retrieved 2010-07-29.
- "Drug Freeland Part 1". New Zeal. 2006-12-19. http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2006/12/drug-freeland-part-1.html.
- "Obama-file 20 Young Communist League Backs Barack Obama-Again". New Zeal. 2008-02-29. http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2008/02/obama-file-20-young-communist-league.html.
- Milbank, Dana (2008-05-23). "Obama as You've Never Known Him!". The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/22/AR2008052203905.html. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "Obama’s Communist Mentor". Accuracy in Media. 2008-02-18. http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/.