Anna Paulina Luna
|A guide to|
|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
“”I'm able to take on different personalities depending on what image I am going for. I think getting into character of what you are selling is super important.
|—Anna Paulina Luna, a woman of sincere convictions who is NOT an opportunistic grifter|
Anna Paulina Luna (1989–) is an Instagram model turned political commentator turned Congressional candidate turned Congresswoman. She has worked for conservative organizations like PragerU and Turning Point USA in the past. In 2020, she challenged incumbent Charlie Crist's Congressional seat in Florida's 13th district. Since then she has appeared as a commentator on Newsmax segments. She is right now the congresswoman for the Florida's 13th congressional district.
Who is she?
She was born Anna Mayerhofer in 1989 and was raised predominantly in southern California. She grew up in a broken home and much of her childhood was plagued by poverty, addiction and disease. After a tumultuous upbringing, she joined the Air Force shortly after graduating high school. While serving in the military, she would meet her future ex-husband. After her marriage ended in divorce in 2012, she went on to pose provocatively in men's magazines. Later, she entered the world of political commentary in the mid 2010s — ultimately landing gigs with Dennis Prager and Turning Point USA.
2020 Congressional Race
Marketed as the Republican answer to the then newly-elected Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, she launched her bid for Florida's 13th Congressional seat in 2019. With some help from Florida congressman Matt Gaetz, she secured 47% of the vote, but ultimately lost the election.
On the issues
Throughout the campaign trail, she offered very few specifics in regards to particular policy prescriptions. It is known that she supported the following:
And that she opposed the following:
In all likelihood, she probably hasn't thought long and hard about any of the issues that she speaks about.
2022 Congressional Race
Aided by Florida's new, gerrymandered map imposed by Ron DeSantis as well as a sharp rightward turn in general in Florida, she was unfortunately able to win an open seat in the thirteenth district during the 2022 midterm elections.
Questionable Political History
Taking a page straight out of Dave Rubin's playbook, she claims to have been a staunch Democrat and avid supporter of Barack Obama prior to waking up and realizing how backwards and brainwashed she had been. However, in a now deleted social media posting from 2021, she confessed to never having voted for him in either presidential election. How avid of an Obama supporter could she really have been if she didn't even vote for the guy?
Luna has done some activist work for an organization called Bienvenido, a 501(c)3 "nonpartisan" organization that bills itself as one that is dedicated to the enhancement of the Hispanic community. On the surface, this organization appears to be legitimate and respectable. But, the organization appears to subscribe to the idea that deportations, family separations and concentration camps are all things that enhance the Hispanic community. It is essentially an astroturf organization that is compromised almost exclusively of token Latinos.
The goal of this organization appears to be in direct conflict with its tactics. For example, they claim that contrary to what the mainstream media says, most Latinos actually support Trump and are generally conservative. They even have plenty of tokens that are willing and ready to provide moral cover for Trump whenever charges of racism are hurled. However, if it is in fact true that most Latinos are conservative, deporting more Latinos would actually make it harder for Republicans to get elected. Then there are the endless cries of how immigrants from Mexico are flipping red states like Texas and Arizona blue. If most Latinos are conservatives, then how would that even be possible?
Luna also pays lip service to some QAnon talking points such as "save the children" and insinuates that less stringent immigration policies would result in more human trafficking.
Kamala Harris airport incident
She attempted to catch future vice president, Kamala Harris, in a gotcha moment while harassing her at an airport in April, 2019. Harris has been an outspoken critic of immigration policies that separate children from their parents. It was Luna's contention that ending those policies and ensuring that families are no longer separated would be exploitative to immigrants. Yes, apparently not having your family broken up is the REAL tragedy.
One of the consequences of running for public office is that the personal details of many candidates will get placed under a microscope in order to determine if they're trustworthy or not. The case of Anna Paulina Luna is no exception. In April of 2019, Anna Gamberzky (still using her ex-husband's last name) legally changed her last name to "Luna." Luna claims that her decision to adopt a new last name was sparked by a desire to share the same last name as her mother. However, Tampa Bay Times reporter Josh Solomon noted that her mother's last name actually is not Luna. When pressed further, she pivoted and claimed that her name was changed actually more out of respect for her ex-husband's privacy:
She didn't grow up speaking Spanish. Going back generations in her mother's family, children were taught English only, to shield them from pervasive racism. Despite her Hispanic roots, Luna identified herself as "White, not of Hispanic Origin" when she registered to vote in Okaloosa County in 2015, records show.
“When I was in college, I also checked the Hispanic box, I also checked Native American, I also checked white,” Luna said. “I’ve had my DNA done, and I think that these questions are kind of insulting, honestly.
As part of a PragerU series starring herself called Americanos, she claimed that both of her parents were born in Mexico. However, she has said on several different occasions that she is only half Hispanic. Her father's voting record in Okaloosa County, Florida revealed that he changed his race from "White, Non Hispanic" in 2021 to "Hispanic" in 2022.
While running for Congress, she stated that she was "raised as a Messianic Jew by her father" and that "I am also a small fraction Ashkenazi". There is no actual evidence that Luna has any Jewish ancestry.
Her unwillingness or inability to consistently answer basic questions about her own identity have led many to speculate that she may have completely fabricated a faux Latina persona purely out of convenience. Her father did speak Spanish at home and her family has confirmed Mexican ancestry on the maternal side. Legitimate questions and concerns are routinely written off by her as nothing more than lies perpetuated by haters, trolls, and people who are just jealous or part of the Deep state.
While it is verifiably true that Luna has served several years in the Air Force, it is not clear in what capacity she served. Her military career has been a major selling point for her and she frequently posts provocative pictures of herself dressed in combat gear while carrying assault rifles. A closer look at her military photos reveals that the part of the uniform where it displays a soldier's name, it's blurred out - presumably in an attempt to conceal her former last name. She often refers to her ex-husband, whom she claims received a purple heart and a bronze star, as her current husband. They actually divorced in 2012 but that certainly doesn't stop her from riding off of his coattails.
- Like many of her ilk, identity politics is unacceptable and divisive until it isn't anymore.
- Because filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy is always a strong indicator that a business is doing well, a mere one day after the NRA did exactly that, she claimed that the NRA was financially stronger than it had been in years.
- She thinks that gang shootings and armed robberies are the direct result of atheism.
- She clearly has no idea what amnesty even is.
- She once tried poking fun at AOC for not working a "big girl" job (apparently serving in Congress isn't a real job) and for not being able to afford an apartment in Washington, DC. Less than a year later, she would announce that she was running for congress and started begging for donations online.
- Like many conservatives, the "love it or leave it" attitude is only ever applied to people she disagrees with
- She was complaining about protestors harassing Ted Cruz at an airport just three months before she harassed Kamala Harris at an airport
- She's all about Free speach until the person exercising it says something that she doesn't like.
- Despite the fact that Mollie Tibbets' parents urged the media to stop politicizing the death of their daughter and referred to Hispanics as "Iowans with better food," Anna continued to exploit the death of Mollie Tibbets in order to further her anti-immigrant agenda
- She can't decide if Hispanics are conservatives or liberals
- She got booted from a Fox News segment that she was featured as a guest on after she compared Hillary Clinton to herpes
- She claimed that sexual assault and border security are both issues that shouldn't be politicized… only to politicize both of them in the same tweet
Auspiciously, Luna began her Congressional career by refusing to attend a White House reception for new members because she didn't want to follow COVID protocols. Soon after, she argued for the right for House members to carry firearms into committee meetings.
- Prager "University"
- Brandon Tatum - fellow grifter who used to work at Turning Point
- Turning Point USA
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 The evolution of Anna Paulina Luna, Republican candidate for Congress: Much about Luna is new, including her last name and her residence in St. Petersburg. It coincides with her decision to challenge Rep. Charlie Crist. by Josh Solomon ((Oct. 11, 2020) Tampa Bay Times.
- ↑ Anna Paulina Luna Ballotpedia.
- ↑ Mayerhofer and Gamberzky (08/23/2012) UniCourt.
- ↑ Always by Anna Paulina Luna (Sep 15, 2020) YouTube (archived from September 20, 2020).
- ↑ Florida 13th District: Charlie Crist defeats Anna Paulina Luna by Josh Solomon (Nov. 3, 2020) Tampa Bay Times.
- ↑ Florida 13th Congressional District Election Results, The New York Times
- ↑ The first President I ever voted for was Donald Trump & the first congressman I ever voted for was @RepMattGaetz . 🇺🇸 I am proud to be a Floridian & will continue to serve my home state. ❤️ by Anna Paulina Luna (Jan 20, 2021) Blather (archived from 1 Feb 2021 05:22:14 UTC).
- ↑ Bienvenido
- ↑ Hundreds of thousands of innocent children, women, & even men have been victims of Human Trafficking in the US. Especially from MX & S.America. This is modern slavery. The support for the bill just signed by @realDonaldTrump should be bipartisan. End slavery. by Anna Paulina Luna (2:29 PM - 31 Jan 2020) Twitter (archived from November 18, 2020).
- ↑ Ran into @SenKamalaHarris at the airport. Shame on her. She exploits Hispanic women and children for votes. by Anna Paulina Luna (5:20 PM - 27 Apr 2019) Twitter (archived from 28 Apr 2019 07:07:55 UTC).
- ↑ It's a very real fact that the reason the left impersonates other ethnicities is for control factor. If they can rally the vote from minorities, they can control minorities. 2 prime examples: Elizabeth Warren Robert (Beto) O'rourke by Anna Paulina Luna (6:13 PM - 15 Oct 2018) Twitter (archived from 2 Feb 2021 03:42:24 UTC).
- ↑ Trailer: Americanos with Anna Paulina Luna. PraguerU on YouTube
- ↑ Being mixed (Hispanic & White) is not easy in the political climate today. I have experienced more prejudice comments from minority "Democrats" as an open Republican than I have at any other point in my life. by Anna Paulina Luna (11:23 AM · Dec 15, 2019) Twitter (archived from 2 Feb 2021 03:44:48 UTC).
- ↑ Apparently if you are: Pro-God Pro-life Pro- Second Amendment you’re a huge threat. Or maybe it’s because I’m half-HISPANIC and not buying the 💩 the DNC tries to sell to Hispanics. by Anna Paulina Luna (10:26 AM · Sep 17, 2019) Twitter (archived from 2 Feb 2021 03:47:24 UTC).
- ↑ That is actually my husband's last name. Obama was half-white yet he is considered our first black president. You are a prejudice person to think that I can’t be Hispanic because I’m only half. by Anna Paulina Luna (9:39 AM · Dec 15, 2019) Twitter (archived from December 16, 2019).
- ↑ George Henry Mayerhofer's Florida Voter Registration Voter Registration Records (archived from January 28, 2021).
- ↑ George Henry Mayerhofer's Florida Voter Registration Voter Registration Records (archived from November 9, 2022).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 The making of Anna Paulina Luna: Luna’s sharp turn to the right, her account of an isolated and impoverished childhood, and her embrace of her Hispanic heritage have surprised some friends and family who knew her before her ascent to the U.S. House this year. by Jacqueline Alemany & Alice Crites (February 10, 2023 at 5:00 a.m. EST) The Washington Post.
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Please Retweet! 😊 My name is Anna Paulina Luna. I'm a Latina Veteran. My husband is a special forces operator with a Purple Heart and Bronze Star. I'm going to Congress on behalf of Florida District 13 to fight the corruption in Washington. Please follow my journey. by Anna Paulina Luna (3:33 PM - 20 Feb 2020) Twitter (archived from May 20, 20200.
- ↑ Happy Armed Forces Day from my amazing husband & I. by Anna Paulina Luna (7:48 AM - 16 May 2020) Twitter (archived from November 18, 2020).
- ↑ 1. You should be focusing on the community as a whole. 2. Stop playing identity politics. 3. You voted against the wall which leads to an exploitation of Hispanics. by Anna Paulina Luna (Jun 23, 2020) Blather (archived from 1 Feb 2021 05:09:36 UTC).
- ↑ This military officer is the farthest thing from leadership I have ever seen. Politics has shown me that there are many vets that use their “vet card” but do not believe in the constitution. It's a good thing @RepCawthorn won. We need strong Reps. Not weak men. Madison Cawthorn @CawthornforNC My disgraced and defeated opponent wants to declare war on conservatives. Stand with me, stand strong. Add your voice and tell Pelosi and AOC that we’ll never back down to the violent left! by Anna Paulina Luna (Jan 19, 2021) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:19:25 UTC).
- ↑ The only person struggling right now is you with your facts. ICE combats #humantrafficking (rape, torture, & slavery). Quit playing the race card amiga. This isn't a "white supremacy" issue. This is a humanitarian issue that you're exploiting for votes. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @Ocasio2018 #AbolishICE means not having an agency that incarcerates children and sexually assaults women with impunity. It does not mean abolish deportation. Also, I have no problem saying white supremacy has no place in this country. It's the GOP that struggles to say that. by Anna Paulina Luna (Aug 22, 2018) Blather (archived from 1 Feb 2021 20:30:05 UTC).
- ↑ The NRA just announced they are financially stronger then they have been in years and they plan on reincorporating in Texas! Huge victory for the Second Amendment! 🇺🇸 NRA @NRA BREAKING NEWS: @NRA Dumps New York to Reincorporate in Texas, Announces New Strategic Plan "This is a transformational moment in the history of the NRA," says NRA CEO & EVP Wayne LaPierre. by Anna Paulina Luna (Jan 15, 2021) Blather (archived from February 1, 2021).
- ↑ I survived: • An armed robbery. • A gang shooting on campus. @MikeBloomberg guns are not the problem. People without God are. Maybe you should start handing out bibles instead of socialist talking points if you want to fix the problem. by Anna Paulina Luna (Nov 25, 2019) Blather (archived from 1 Feb 2021 20:39:56 UTC).
- ↑ My opponent, Amanda Makki, is lying to disguise her background as a high paid lobbyist for radical left Anti-Trump dark money groups in D.C. Now she’s lying about my views! I oppose: •amnesty •illegal immigration •DACA I stand with POTUS 100% on immigration policy! by Anna Paulina Luna (Aug 03, 2020) Blather (archived from 1 Feb 2021 20:44:39 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina criticizing AOC being a congresswoman only to run for congress herself #864 by Anna Paulina Luna (Nov 09, 2018 / Sep 16, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:31:50 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina still not sure if she should leave because she doesn't like the law #809 by Anna Paulina Luna (Sep 05, 2019 / May 17, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:34:47 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina can't decide if she should move to a different state #602 by Anna Paulina Luna (May 17, 2019 / Jun 20, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:37:32 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina can't decide if ppl should have to move to other states #535 by Anna Paulina Luna (May 17, 2019 / Mar 15, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:40:24 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina is a hypocrite #703 by Ryan Fournier (retweeted by Anna Paulina Luna) & Anna Paulina Luna (Jul 29, 2019 / Apr 27, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:42:33 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina can't decide if people should be censored #660 by Anna Paulina Luna (Jul 07, 2019 / Jul 26, 2018) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 20:47:09 UTC).
- ↑ Tibbetts’ father: Hispanic locals ‘Iowans with better food’ (August 27, 2018) AP.
- ↑ Anna Paulina about the media exploiting tragedies while exploiting Mollie Tibbetts' death #536 by Anna Paulina Luna (May 18, 2019 / Aug 21, 2018) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 21:01:54 UTC).
- ↑ Anna Paulina doesn't know if hispanics are conservatives or liberals #533 by Anna Paulina Luna (Jan 01, 2019 / May 19, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 21:06:17 UTC).
- ↑ ‘She’s like herpes,’ a Fox News guest said of Hillary Clinton. The network apologized. by Alex Horton (November 24, 2018 at 9:23 a.m. EST) The Washington Post.
- ↑ Anna Paulina can't remember what she said a mere seconds earlier #522 by Anna Paulina Luna (May 07, 2019) Blather (archived from 9 Nov 2022 21:09:59 UTC).