| Someone is wrong on|
City Data is a website that claims to present demographic information culled from various data sources by OnBoard Informatics. The forums are the real main attraction though. It has become a great place to go for people who wish to see the new trending topics of wingnut rage, logical fallacies used in real conversations, or internet laws shown in real time.
City Data forums
It seems like City Data has become a rising star among the new breed of popular fora whose main constituency appears to be best described as "red-state fascist" but who think they're regular folks. Many spend their days posting articles from extreme Right Wing partisan blogs, Conservapedia panics, Stormfront ideals, tinfoil hat sites, the world is ending in the near future, and insulting "libs".
At many points the rage against evils of "liberalism" (Social Security and Medicare) are extremely funny since the predominant age demographic seems to be seniors on Social Security and Medicare who have nothing better to do.
A very funny thing to note is that having an education and knowledge (especially working knowledge) about things is very frowned upon. It is an interesting attempt to study what hundreds of cranks could come up if given a computer keyboard and a chance to talk to each other...and it's not Shakespeare.
The data itself
The data on the main site is often several years out of date (such as home sales and unemployment), if not nearly a decade on some (home value prices). A great deal of the data seems to pander towards the usual gossipy material that appeals to the worst American instincts toward moral panic ("likely homosexual couples", "registered sex offenders", etc.) presented in crude graphs and cheap overly broad bullet points.
- City Data Forums
- This is the real America - Greetings from Iowa - Jesusland is the only "Real America"
- The Blaze
- PUBLIC SCHOOL INDOCTRINATION Like You Won't Believe!
- What if the South won the American Civil War?
- Concerning September 11 - Found This Interesting- 9/11 was an inside job
- UN convoy seen rolling through Pennslyvania - The UN invaded on May 17th 2010, but the sheeple missed it
- Gas to reach $15/gal?
- Why are liberals so obsessed with "Diversity"?
- Liberals and Science
- Is government our problem, as Reagan said?
- I'm 63, and I'm Tired
- Frequent ranter against Medicare complaining about benefit cuts
- The Necessity of Ending Public Funded Education
- Health Nazi Storm Troopers in Philly - Parents standing outside of convenience stores to stop their own kids eating junk and getting fat is apparently evil
- Why is Portland so infested with homeless?
- [On at least one matter they make conjectures that is just plain wrong: They report the percent of "likely homosexual couples" in town based on the number of households with two adults of the same sex living there...instead of college students.]