| Guide to:|
|Hail to the Chief?|
|Persons of interest|
In January 2010, she followed in her father's august footsteps by
shooting her friend while "hunting" taking a "Waaah, we're all going to die!" approach to the foreign policy of the 44th president Barack Obama, to wit:
She thinks the fact that Eric Holder employed some lawyers that gave trials for terrorists at the Justice Department was absolutely treasonous. Even some conservatives called her out for that one.
Failed Senate run
In July 2013, Liz announced that she would be running for a seat in the U.S. Senate in Wyoming in 2014. As scary as the thought of another Cheney being in Washington is, she ran into several major problems. The most obvious one is that she was born in Wisconsin, and never lived in Wyoming till late 2012, although she claimed that she didn't move for political gain. While Wyoming is about as solid red as states come, her opponent in the primary was Mike Enzi, a three term incumbent with an extremely conservative voting record behind him.
This predictably led to her doing poorly in early polls. In November, with calling Enzi a RINO like most not being even remotely possible and mediocre poll results, Liz decided to try and gain support by doing something so evil that her dad never attempted to directly do, come out against gay marriage. This led to immediate backlash from almost everybody, especially her married lesbian sister Mary Cheney, who had previously helped re-elect Bush and threw Mittens, who wanted to amend the Constitution to ban all gay marriage, a $2,500 check back in 2012.
In early 2014, she ended up giving up on the whole thing due to serious health issues in her family. We can only hope that this is the last that we see of her.
Unfortunately, she ran for Congress again in 2016 as a Representative and ended up winning. Liz had no real opponents during her race since all of the more or less terrible Republicans in the primary couldn't match the former VP's daughter's name recognition, and with Wyoming being a wingnut state no Democrat could've stood a chance either.
- Terrorism shouldn't be a law enforcement matter, apparently.
- The Telegraph - see number 95
- Liz Cheney: Parody Becomes Reality
- Conservative Legal Scholars Blast Cheney
- Have You No Sense of Decency?
- Trib: Cheney focused on 2012, backing Romney
- See for yourself
- Public Policy Polling: Uphill battle for Cheney in Wyoming
- Los Angeles Times: Liz Cheney sells out gay sister for shot at U.S. Senate seat
- From the Left: Recently Married Lesbian, Mary Cheney, Donates to Mitt Romney Campaign
- Liz Cheney abandons Senate bid
- 2016 Wyoming House Results