New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Movement
|Christ died for|
our articles about
|Devil's in the details|
The New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Movement (New IFB for short) (also called Andersonism) is an extremist Fundamentalist Christian group made up of disgruntled Independent Baptists who believe that the old Baptists have lost their luster, value, and ability to preach the Gospel. The head honcho of the group is Steven Anderson of the Faithful Word Baptist Church, who is said to have started the movement around 2017, and his goal is for Christians to return to what they believe Baptists used to preach, thinking the modern churches have become too liberal. Even other Independent Baptists are considered too soft. The group's churches have essentially the same views that Anderson espouses, and they tend to hold multiple conferences each year, including the Red Hot Preaching Conference and the Make America Straight Again Conference. There are known to be over 32 churches worldwide, but due to the constant infighting, nobody knows who's actually part of the movement.
The New IFB's theology is largely controlled by Anderson. They view the King James Bible as the only legitimate Bible and believe in salvation through Jesus Christ. With a simple glance, this is where the similarities end with most Independent Baptists. They refer to homosexuals as sodomites and pedophiles that are reprobates beyond God's grace, and should all be executed per Leviticus 20:13.[note 1] Holocaust denial is also to be expected from New IFB churches, and their antisemitism mainly stems from the idea that God abandoned Israel as the chosen people, and now it's the Christians' turn.[note 2] With salvation, they believe in faith alone and to an extent, believe repentance isn't as necessary as it is. They have even burned books and Bibles that mentioned it. With the views on salvation, their pettiness extends into running a dead, but archived, website called Repentance Blacklist, and they made a list of all those who disagree with them. The list includes other cranks such as Jack Chick, Ray Comfort, and Kirk Cameron. Sending out tracts for evangelism is discouraged because Anderson believes witnessing should only be based on dialogue. They also believe that the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is heresy, and that the Pre-Wrath Rapture is the real deal. Dispensationalism is also considered to be false doctrine by the New IFB wackos.
- Steven Anderson - Faithful Word Baptist Church* (Tempe, AZ) - Duh.
- Grayson Fritts - All Scripture Baptist Church* (Knoxville, TN) - The detective who called for the LGBT to be executed.
- Roger Jimenez - Verity Baptist Church* (Sacramento, CA) - Called for the LGBT to be executed by firing squad after the Orlando shooting in 2016.
- Joe Jones - Shield of Faith Baptist Church (Boise, ID)
- Tommy McMurty - Liberty Baptist Church* (Rock Falls, IL) - Pumpkin Boy McMurty has harshly criticized some New IFB beliefs.
- Bruce Meija - First Works Baptist Church* (El Monte, CA) - Has had his church bombed in January 2021.
- Jesse Michael - Pure Words Baptist Church (Houston, TX)
- Obinna Ofoegbu - Love Assembly Baptist Church (Montgomeryville, PA)
- Enrique Reyes - Springcrest Baptist Church (Houston, TX) - The other pastor, James Cobb, is on the fence.
- Logan Robertson - Westcity Bible Baptist Church (Auckland, New Zealand) and Pillar Baptist Church (Davao City, Phillippines) - Deported from Australia due to harassing Muslims when planning a documentary against Islam.
- Jason Robinson - Mountain Baptist Church (Fairmont, WV)
- Jonathan Shelley - Stedfast Baptist Church* (Fort Worth, TX) - Took over from Donnie Romero after he resigned. The church has been evicted from its property.
- Richard Symes - Pillar Baptist Church (Uganda)
- Aaron Thompson - Sure Foundation Baptist Church* (Vancouver, WA)
“”The New IFB is like a soap opera or reality show. These episodes are almost better than Gordon Ramsay. You guys are always in some sort of internal struggle for power, at least how it seems from an outsider like me.
|—Some random internet user|
- Patrick Boyle - Revival Baptist Church* (Orlando, FL) - Ousted for holding a conference with beliefs similar to Peter Ruckman.
- Tim Delello - Friendship Baptist Church (Lakemore, OH)
- Tyler Doka - Pillar of Truth Christian Church (Woodmere, Long Island, NY) - Ousted due to promoting Flat Earth.
- Adam Fannin - Stedfast Baptist Church (Jacksonville, FL) - Expelled from the New IFB. Started a new church in Jacksonville called Law of Liberty Baptist Church.
- Josh Gardner - Sound Words Baptist Church (Toronto, Canada)
- Michael Johnson - Temple Baptist Church (Jacksonville, NC) - Anderson claims he backstabbed him in unlisted videos.
- Justin LeBlanc - Pillar of Truth Christian Church (Maspeth, Queens, NY) (West Hampstead, Long Island, NY) - Buds with Tyler Doka.
- Robert MacGregor - Trinity Baptist Church (Toronto, Canada) - Ousted due to speaking against the Pre-Wrath Rapture.
- Joe Major - Faith Baptist Church* (Violet, LA) - Was expelled from the NIFB, but debatable if he's still in
- Manly Perry - Old Path Baptist Church (Adkins, TX) - Disassociated himself from the New IFB.
- Donnie Romero - Stedfast Baptist Church* (Fort Worth, TX) - Resigned due to sex and drug scandals.
- Richard Shawn Barnish (GodGunsGutsGlory) - Blog constantly chronicling New IFB talking points, or proving how gays are actually pedophiles, and even recently fell into COVID-19 denialism. The blog has been inactive since January 2021. Recently, Barnish, may have left the New IFB.
- Sean Harrington - Known for God Hates Video Games In short, the video is a typical anti-video game rant that involves stereotypical talking points about them being a waste of time, and promoting violence with Mordern Warfare 2's "No Russian" mission being misrepresented to prove his point,[note 3] and it then devolves into incoherent conspiracies about Jews and "Bill 'population control' Gates".
- Benjamin Naim - Once ran a channel called Ben the Baptist.
- Paul Wittenberger - Filmmaker who worked as a crew member for The Green Hornet (2011), and minister of propaganda, with Framing The World as his platform. Has made documentaries including Deported, which is about how Anderson got deported from African countries such as Botswana, and What in the World are They Spraying?, a documentary about Chemtrails.
The Andersonites and Wittenberger produce "documentaries" that reaffirm their beliefs and use fancy-schmancy editing tricks. They can either be full blown documentaries or edited versions of sermons from New IFB pastors.
- After the Tribulation - A documentary about why the Pre-Tribulation Rapture is a heresy and why instead there is a Pre-Wrath Rapture. The documentary also talks about New World Order. Kent Hovind was featured in the documentary.[note 4]
- AIDS: The Judgement of God - An anti-LGBT sermon by Anderson with some editing tricks and news reels to show how the AIDS epidemic is the judgement of God against LGBT people. Anderson said during the sermon that LGBT people should be executed by the government as the way to cure the AIDS.
- Babylon USA - A documentary explaining how the United States will be essential for the establishment of the New World Order. Texe Marrs and Kent Hovind were featured in the documentary.
- Failure to Obey - The story of how Anderson got beaten up by U.S Border Patrol.
- Flouride: Poison on Tap - A documentary on how flouride in water is actually dangerous.
- Going Back to the Greek - A documentary about the KJV and Greek. Got Anderson into some hot water among followers for discussing with a Calvinist named Dave Johannsson.
- The Great Culling - A movie about depopulation.
- Marching to Zion - Possibly their most controversial documentary. It is mainly about why the Jews are no longer God's chosen people, and actually worship Satan, and that their expected Messiah is actually the Antichrist. Also, Anderson straight up lied to rabbis for them to speak and appear in the documentary, claiming he was working with PBS. As long as the ends justify the means, otherwise, Steve and his buds could face a good heaping of Revelation 21:8. Also, Texe Marrs is in there too.
- Marxist Lucifer King - A sermon by Anderson with some editing tricks and news reels to show that Martin Luther King Jr., was wicked and adulterous. Also mentions how his advisors were Commies. What's admittedly true was that he wasn't a saint.
- New World Order Bible Versions - A documentary explaining why the KJV is the only legitimate Bible translation and how translations after 1611 are all corrupted by the New World Order.
- SCIENCE Falsely So Called - Documentary that involves stereotypical creation talking points, and so many Nazi references that it’s embarrassing.[note 5] Kent Hovind appears in it as well.
- The Sodomite Deception - An anti-LGBT documentary by Shelley explaining how the LGBT people are contributing for the collapse of the modern society. The documentary praised historical laws that established death penalty for homosexuality and condemned more recent laws that favored the LGBT rights. Anderson, Jimenez, Mejia and Thompson were featured in the documentary.
- The Truth About Birth Control - An mysogynist sermon by Anderson with some editing tricks and news reels to show how the birth control pills causes early silent abortion and how the birth control itself is sinful. Anderson claimed during the sermon that womens should stay at home multiplying babies and also claimed that womens working is from the Satan's agenda.
Present day deplatforming
Swirling controversies, infighting, and a social media crackdown on New IFB properties have considerably diminished the movement. Anderson's entire YouTube ecosystem was completely purged in the summer of 2020, reducing their online presence even further. The group continues to attract controversy because of its virulent hate speech and extreme opposition to homosexuality, and while their sphere of influence is far from what it was in the late-2010s, they won't be gone anytime soon.
- Bryan Denlinger - Critic and possible rival of Anderson, also on the Blacklist.
- Darwin Fish - Opponent of Anderson's teachings.
- Fred Phelps - Very similar, yet the group opposes him.
- NewIFB.info - A blog run by an Independent Baptist critical of the group (inactive since October 2020).The website is available only on archive.org.
- New IFB Is A Cult - A site run by atheists
- The New IFB has stated that they don't condone vigilante actions against gays, but that the government should overlook the executions. Then again, it's likely only going to be a distant dream for the group that they even admit will never happen.
- As long as they're part of the New IFB that is.
- "No Russian" is the mission where you're undercover with Russian terrorists (who are the villains by the way) and massacre people in an airport. Harrington adds in that children can be killed in it, even though the game would never be released if it included children being killed.
- Anderson has criticized Hovind before for marrying after divorcing. He's also critical of him for praising the book, The Shack.
- Ironic given The New IFB's stance towards the Holocaust
- New IFB Pastors Promote Anti-LGBTQ+ Bigotry and Antisemitism at Annual Conference. Anti-Defamation League, 27 July 2021.
- Repentance Blacklist(archived from September 7, 2018)
- Steven Anderson is against Gospel Tracts by Joshua, July 29, 2019, NewIFB.info
- Flat Earth NewIFB.info
- Hate Map Southern Poverty Law Center
- Detective Grayson Fritts defends LGBTQ comments by Tyler Whetstone, June 12, 2019, Knoxville News Sentinel
- California Baptist pastor praises Orlando massacre by Kellie McCown, June 14th, 2016, USA Today
- New IFB Pastor Tommy McMurty Prays for Violence at MASA Conference by nifbcultadmin, June 11, 2019, New IFB Cult
- Tommy McMurtry corrects New IFB ‘stupidity’ on King James Salvation by Joshua, June 8th, 2020, NewIFB.info
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church January 23, 2021, Associated Press
- Jesse Michael NewIFB.info
- Warning: Love Assembly Baptist Church in Montgomeryville, PA preaches false New IFB teaching by Joshua, January 26, 2020, NewIFb.info (Archived from August 24, 2020)
- Warning: Springcrest Baptist Church in Houston, TX preaches false New IFB teaching Joshua, July 31, 2019, NewIFB.info
- Deported NZ pastor Logan Robertson shows no remorse for harassing 'sissy' Muslims by Zane Small, 27 July, 2018, Newshub.
- Category: Jason Robinson – Mountain Baptist Church Fairmont WV NewIFB.info (Archived from August 21, 2020)
- TX Church Evicted After Pastor Preaches That Gay People Are ‘Worthy of Death by Dale Chamberlain, March 1, 2022, ChurchLeaders
- Category: Richard Symes – Pillar Baptist Church Uganda Africa NewIFB.info
- Category: Aaron Thompson – Sure Foundation Baptist Church Vancouver WA NewIFB.info
- Michael Johnson soon to be out of the New IFB by Joshua, December 27, 2019, NewIFB.info
- Patrick Boyle Headed OUT of the New IFB by Joshua, June 8, 2020, NewIFB.info (Archived from January 13, 2021)
- Another New IFB casualty? Pastor Tim Delello by Joshua, June 9th, 2020, NewIFB.info (Archived from January 13, 2021)
- Tyler Doka and Great Harvest Baptist Church are OUT of the New IFB! by Joshua August 19, 2018, NewIFB.info
- Adam Fannin's Exit from the New IFB by Joshua, June 15, 2019, NewIFB.info
- Josh Gardner and Sound Words Baptist Church kicked OUT of the mainstream New IFB by Joshua, August, 17, 2020, NewIFB.info (Archived from January 18, 2021)
- Warning: Pillar of Truth Christian Church has a deceptive doctrinal Statement! (West Hempstead, Long Island NY) by Joshua, June 3rd, 2019, NewIFB.info
- Trinity Baptist Church is OUT of the New IFB! by Joshua, August 19th, 2019, NewIFB.info
- Is Joe Major back in the New IFB? …It’s complicated by Joshua, January 16th, 2020, NewIFB.info
- Manly Perry Regrets Calling Himself an Andersonite by Joshua, January 13th, 2020, NewIFB.info (Archived from August 25, 2020)
- Anti-LGBTQ pastor who called Pulse nightclub victims 'scum' resigns, admits paying for sex by Joel Shannon, January 9th, 2019, USA Today
- Evidence of the CONvid PLANdemic by GodGunsGutsGlory, January 14, 2021, GodGunsGutsGlory
- Shawn Barnish talks FWBC & New IFB Cult by Reason Files 2, July 2, 2020, YouTube
- God HATES video games! Feeding The Trolls: LIVE by That Weasel, May 29, 2021, YouTube.
- Ben the Baptist NewIfb.info archived from August 22, 2020
- About Framing the World
- Deported Framing the World
- What in the World are They Spraying? Framing the World
- Documentaries IFBTube
- After the Tribulation Framing the World
- AIDS The Judgement of God
- Babylon USA IMDB
- Failure to Obey IFBTube
- Flouride: Poison on Tap Framing the World
- Steven Anderson yokes up with a Calvinist: New IFB splintering as a result by Joshua, December 27, 2019, NewIFB.info
- The Great Culling Framing the World
- ADL Deeply Troubled at Upcoming Documentary Film Denigrating Jews and Judaism November 24, 2014, Anti-Defamation League
- Gay-bashing, anti-Semitic U.S. Pastor Dupes Rabbis Into Appearing in Film by Haaretz, January 1, 2015, Haaretz
- Marxist Lucifer King IMDB
- New World Order Bible Versions IMDB
- "SCIENCE falsely so called" || Full Documentary || Creation vs. Evolution by Matt Powell OFFICIAL, November 20, 2018, YouTube
- The Sodomite Deception IMDB
- The Truth About Birth Control IMDB
- In the Midst of Infighting, Anti-LGBTQ Church Network's Website and Social Media Disappear. Southern Poverty Law Center, 21 February 2020.
- Notorious Anti-LGBT Pastor Steven Anderson Permanently Banned from Youtube. (archived from 9, July, 2020) Pulpit & Pen, 7 July 2020.
- Hemant Mehta, YouTube finally took down the channels of Christian hate-pastor Steven Anderson. Friendly Atheist, 11 September 2020.