There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
List of creationist claims
| The divine comedy|
This list of creationist claims contains statements ostensibly made to support creationism, but which nearly always attack evolution (assuming the only alternative is creationism), and their associated counter-arguments. They without exception contain logical fallacies and mistakes of fact.
- Against the starlight problem:
- Against the cratered surface of the moon:
- The addition of leap seconds and the slowing of the Earth's rotation necessitates a young Earth.
- Irreducible complexity requires an intelligent designer.
- The banana requires an intelligent designer.
- The presence of "polonium halos" proves a young Earth.
- Against the slow geological formation of the continents:
- Certain fossils appear in the "wrong" place in the geological record.
- Against the impossibility of having enough water for the flood:
- Comets brought the water.
- The continents floated on the water until the Flood.
- Against caring for the animals in Noah's ark:
- Against improbable things happen in evolution:
- X has a 1 in [BIG NUMBER] chance of ocurring.
- X is extremely unlikely. A probability of less than 10-50 is a probability of 0.
- Acceptance of evolution prevents morality.
- If man arose by chance, life would have no purpose or meaning.
- Evolution says you are descended from a monkey. Do you want to be descended from a monkey?
- Evolution is incompatible with religion, so we should reject evolution.
- 101 evidences for a young age of the Earth and the universe
- 12 Arguments Evolutionists Should Avoid
- Ask Darwinists
- Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible is Supernatural in Origin