There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff — we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone seeing this today donates $5, we will meet our goal for 2018.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
Space travel hoax
| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
Various "reasons against" are provided:
- Cosmic/solar radiation.
- Issues with temperature.
- Rockets must push against air, so they cannot work in vacuum. How ejecting combustion products one way without pushing the rocket in the other satisfies conservation of momentum is beyond explanation (simple answer: it doesn't). Seriously, Isaac Newton had this worked out in the 17th century.
-  Anders Björkman of Heiwa Co thinks that human space travel is not possible, and also that nuclear weapons are a similar hoax.
-  and  The Freemasons are in on it!
-  Unsurprisingly, such beliefs can be found at Above Top Secret.
-  Another example from CluesForum.