Space travel hoax
| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
The space travel hoax is denialism based on belief that humans (or even anything at all) have not travelled into space, and the millions of hours of live footage of space that has been recorded is fake. It's a much more out there form of the Moon landing hoax.
The evidence provided by space travel denialists often includes pseudoscientific arguments, such as claiming that cosmic and solar radiation prevents humans from voyaging into space or that extreme temperatures would cause instant death. Some denialists claim that rockets must push against air, so they cannot work in vacuum.[Note 1]
Others believe that space travel is a hoax that's part of a unified conspiracy theory tied to the Freemasons, New World Order, Illuminati, etc., or that space travel is impossible because the earth is flat.
“”Human and robot space travel outside Earth orbits are scientific, engineering FRAUD 1957-2018. All is invented fantasies! Like the US atomic bomb 1945-2018 scare!
|—Anders Björkman, The Human Space Travel Show|
Anders Björkman, who claims to be a "naval architect" and "marine engineer," is a conspiracist and crank who believes that human space travel is a hoax, fraud, and conspiracy invented and perpetuated by the United States Government. He also believes in various 9/11 conspiracy theories, claims nuclear weapons cannot work, and backs his claims up with thousands of pages of pseudoscientific gibberish.
“”All of the names, missions, landing sites, and events in the Apollo Space Program echoed the occult metaphors, rituals, and symbology of the Illuminati's secret religion...
|—NASA faked it, and the Freemasons are in on it!|
Some conspiracy theorists believe that space travel is a hoax that is somehow wrapped up in a giant conspiracy theory involving Freemasonry. This belief was popularized by William Cooper, the conspiracy theorist other conspiracy theorists wish they could be. The grand masonic conspiracy can be proved, according to Cooper, because "the head of NASA at the time of the Apollo Space Program, is now the Sovereign Grand Commander of the Council of the 33rd Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry of the Southern Jurisdiction."
“”You can't orbit a flat earth...The Space Shuttle is a joke—and a very ludicrous joke.
|—Charles K. Johnson, president of the International Flat Earth Research Society|
Charles K. Johnson, president of the International Flat Earth Research Society, believed that space travel was impossible because the earth is flat. His beliefs were firmly based on Biblical prophecies, backed up by a healthy dose of conspiracy theories. For example, he believed that the moon landings were faked by Hollywood studios and that the script was written by science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke. He also claimed that the American Revolution was caused by a dispute between the Church of England, who proclaimed that the earth is a ball, and George Washington, who believed the earth was flat.
“”There[']s so much evidence that points to the fact that we never even went to the moon,i wont bother getting into all of those well known details...
|—Anonymous poster on Above Top Secret|
“”After seeing the evidence of fakery in NASA pictures and videos in this forum I decided to investigate the theoretical basis of rockets in space. What I found on the Internet were mainly tricks, frauds and sleights of hand, name-calling and attacks used to confuse the issue and hide the facts. Bypassing all of that and doing original research I have come to the conclusion that rockets cannot function in space according the descriptions/formulas used by NASA and related parties.
|—Anonymous poster on cluesforum.info|
- How ejecting combustion products one way without pushing the rocket in the other satisfies conservation of momentum is beyond explanation (simple answer: it doesn't). Seriously, Isaac Newton had this worked out in the 17th century.
- The Human Space Travel Show.
- Anders Björkman CV.
- Heiwa Co., European Agency for Safety at Sea. A marvelous textbook example of a nutty website, complete with excessive formatting approaching Time Cube style and obligatory home on tripod.
- NASA Masonic Conspiracy, Apollo Mission's Masonic Symbols. Archived from the original at theforbiddenknowledge.com.
- NASA Masonic Conpsiracy.[ ] at biblebelievers.org.au.
- The Flat-out Truth: Earth Orbits? Moon Landings? A Fraud! Says This Prophet, a profile of Johnson in Science Digest, July 1980 (mirror copy by Donald Simanek)
- Our Entire Space Program Is A Hoax And A Massive Deception. abovetopsecret.com, 27 March 2012.
- Does Rocketry Work beyond Earth's atmosphere? cluesforum.info, 25 May 2013.