William G. Boykin
|God, guns, and freedom|
|Starting arguments over Thanksgiving dinner|
|Persons of interest|
“”He went on CNN and he laughed at us, and he said, 'They'll never get me because Allah will protect me. Allah will protect me.' Well, you know what? I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol.
|—on hunting down Osman Atto in Mogadishu.|
William G. "Jerry" Boykin (1948–) was a Lieutenant General in the United States Army and the US Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence under President Shrub from 2002-2007. He is also a pretty severe wingnut.
A Christian fundamentalist, during the Iraq War, he characterized the war on terror as an apocalyptic crusade between the American soldiers of Jesus and the dirty brown Moslems who seek to overrun civilization.
In case it wasn't obvious, Boykin is a big fan of the whole America as a Christian nation idea.
Retirement and activism
After his retirement from government service in 2007, Boykin decided not to lay on his duff and in proper military fashion began applying his enthusiasm to activism.
As well as taking a teaching stint at Hampden-Sydney College and being the author of several books, Boykin has accepted a position as Executive Vice-President of the Family Research Council.
Boykin is also a leading member of the following, in official and unofficial capacities:
- The Benghazi Accountability Coalition: A group devoted not only to "exposing" the "truth" behind that event, but also "events that occurred, before, during, and after the September 11, 2012, terrorist attacks."
- The Oak Initiative, a dominionist Christian group devoted to furthering the Seven Mountains theology, led by Rick Joyner.
- Groundswell, a coalition of conservative activists and journalists seeking to lobby and advance Tea Party goals.
- He is also Grand Chancellor of the Knights Hospitallers of the Sovereign Order of St. John of Jerusalem.
- Encyclopedia of American Loons entry
- Wikipedia Entry
- Right Wing Watch's collection of Boykin's antics
- No, really.
- Staff directory
- Amazon page
- 2nd Amazon page
- Look where Delta Force general is headed
- http://benghazicoalition.org/bac-members/ Member List
- Staff List
- The best concise summary available.
- Inside The Group Therapy Session For Conservatives Who Hate Grover Norquist
- Wikipedia entry on Groundswell
- Staff List