“”... Stop making yourself look like fucking sex clowns to milk money out of men's dicks.
Stefan Molyneux (born 1966) is an Irish-Canadian political activist, amateur philosopher and anarcho-capitalist. He is the host of Freedomain Radio, a podcast where he discusses philosophy, libertarianism, anarchism, atheism, science and relationships (specifically, why women are evil). He also regularly writes for right-libertarian websites and has self-published several books.
 Controversial and questionable viewpoints
 Family relationships
Arguably, Molyneux's most controversial viewpoint is his interpretation of the non-aggression principle. Molyneux believes that adults who deem their parents to be physically or psychologically aggressive should cease all connections with them, instead of trying to mend any faulty relationships. His adherence to the non-aggression principle is so extreme that he claims that people who engage or are drawn to contact sports were abused as children and/or had aggressive childhoods. 
Molyneux advises people to abandon all family and friends who are not anarcho-capitalists or not adherents to the non-aggression principle.
Molyneux's attitudes and beliefs, combined with his large circle of followers and their slavish devotion to him led radio host Sam Seder and his associates to characterize him as a cult leader. This charge has been repeated by parents negatively affected by their children abandoning them on Molyneux's advice.
 Men's rights activism
Molyneux is also part of the men's rights movement, and has made outlandish claims about the effect that women have on society.
“”The evil that women are capable of and the evil that women do — not all women — but the evil that women do is generally invisible to society which is why there’s so much violence in society.
He was a speaker at the A Voice For Men 2014 conference.
 Women are the source of evil!
No, really, they are:
“”Women who choose the assholes will fucking end this race. They will fucking end this human race if we don't start holding them a-fucking-countable. Women who choose assholes guarantee child abuse. Women who choose assholes guarantee criminality. Sociopathy. Politicians. All the cold-hearted jerks who run the world came out of the vaginas of women who married assholes, and I don't know how to make the world a better place without holding women accountable for choosing assholes! Your dad was an asshole *because* your mother chose him, because it *works* on so many women! If "asshole" wasn't a great reproductive strategy, it would have been gone long ago. Women keep that black bastard flame alive. They cup their hands around it. They protect it with their bodies. They keep the evil of the species going by *continually* choosing these guys! If being an asshole didn't get women there would be no assholes left! If women chose nice guys over assholes, we would have a glorious and peaceful world in one generation. Women determine the personality traits of the men because women choose who to have sex with and who to have children with and who to expose those children to. I get that you're angry at your dad and you have every reason to be angry at your dad. Your dad is who he is fundamentally because your mother was willing to fuck him and have you. Willing and eager to fuck the monster. Stop fucking monsters - we get a great world. Keep fucking monsters - we get catastrophes, we get war, we get nuclear weapons, we get national debts, we get incarcerations and prison guards and all the other florid assholes who rule the world. Women worship at the feet of the devil and wonder why the world is evil.
The major flaw within his logic is if this were true then he should be swimming in women who want to have sex with him. But as we see that's not the case.
Fellow libertarian and actual philosopher David Gordon[wp] gave a critical examination of Molyneux's 2007 Universally Preferable Behaviour: A Rational Proof for Secular Ethics in The Mises Review: "He fails, and fails miserably. His arguments are often preposterously bad."
Molyneux has claimed that Freedomain Radio is the most popular philosophy conversation online in the world, despite there being much evidence to the contrary.
 Mental illness denial
Molyneux has denied that mental illnesses are real, saying there is not enough evidence to prove otherwise. He also calls psychiatry a pseudoscience and claims that it is part of a government agenda. This has drawn the ire of many including online scientific skeptic Emil Karlsson of Debunking Denialism who responded with a lengthy refutation of his claims.
Molyneux also has unconventional views on homosexuality, arguing that it is the result of childhood sexual abuse. He later apologized for the comment when contacted by a caller during a radio interview, saying he had reversed his views on the matter and would do his best to improve his understanding of homosexuality. He also promised to edit the video where he made his controversial views to better reflect his ignorance of the previous statements. The video still remains unedited and his fans continue to subscribe to his stated views; Molyneux, despite his promises, seems uninterested in intervening to correct them.
Taking a page from Objectivists and Insane Clown Posse, he has a problem with modern physics. "Physicists kind of piss me off, 'cause they've always got their fucking pale hands in my goddamn wallet, and stealing from my child's future, indebting her." "You know, go be a fucking engineer, you lazy, pasty bastards. Go do something useful that people wanna buy."  The irony here is that a lot of modern engineering would not be possible if it weren't for physics.
Like many Laissez-faire economists, Stefan denies overpopulation is a problem despite evidence to the contrary. Stefan believes there's no such thing as
too many exploitable wage slaves to boss around too many people. He believes the real problem is that not enough people follow his philosophy. Apparently that will somehow make things better despite elephants in the room such as human nature and limited resources.
 DMCA and IP law
However, he also uses IP law in order to censor critics on YouTube by filing DMCA claims against them with the most notable being "TruShibes," who created a YouTube account dedicated to clips documenting Molyneux's questionable behavior and philosophy.
In a textbook case of actions having consequences, TruShibes has filed a case in US federal court against Molyneux for his blatant exploitation of the DMCA to shut down her account, for silencing her and for defaming her afterwards (she is in the US and he is in Canada, but his YouTube activity and income is US-based and constitutes a local presence).
In a presumably unwitting Marxist fashion, Molyneux frequently defends his more unusual political and economic positions with historical examples. These are invariably healthy servings of PIDOOMA. He has, for example, claimed that the First World War was more destructive than the Second, and that the majority of casualties in it were members of the aristocracy. This is a self-evident argument for free trade, apparently.
 The good stuff
Molyneux has claimed to be strongly opposed to America's war efforts and the War on Drugs. He is also immensely skeptical of religious extremism and fundamentalism (despite himself being something of a cult leader), personally advocating strong atheism.
He is able, despite his above mentioned statements regarding the origins of homosexuality, to recognize unjust discrimination against homosexuals.
 See also
- Adam Kokesh: America's answer to Stefan Molyneux and occasional cohort.
 External Links
- Freedomain Radio
- FDR Liberated - A site focusing on refuting the often questionable beliefs, actions and comments of Molyneux and his followers.
- Tru Shibes Archive - backup of youtube channel "Tru Shibes" that Molyneux used IP law to remove.
- ↑ From this chunk of transcript, lovingly written down and posted to great approval on /r/TheRedPill. Not clear which video it's from, but the fans had no disputes as to its authenticity.
- ↑ Freedomain Radio's YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUoZBfz7r0U
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuBO_VbGFI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZASruN-mIA&list=PLtt4FkOJ3fasWxVCWKFpv5Ybo4AqUJ84p
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgTZRYTuCWQ
- ↑ Daily Mail, Guardian, Sky News
- ↑ http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2013/10/08/youtube-mra-stefan-molyneux-blames-miriam-careys-fatal-dc-car-chase-on-rank-female-evil/#more-10134
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Xm6YW2gNw
- ↑ http://mises.org/daily/6101/The-Molyneux-Problem
- ↑ http://ozhouse.org/2013/04/14/stefan-libertard-molyneux-the-state-murders-people-but-thatcher-did-no-such-thing-ok/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCMzPleoKk&list=PL-ASw3fKJNgUixCfOvCL0jZHaCMuLPb82&index=4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOScYBwMyAA
- ↑ http://debunkingdenialism.com/2011/12/16/stefan-molyneuxs-unfortunate-spiraling-into-anti-psychiatry/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzX1pVaKhRY
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQa_NAwDQ9Y
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LqAw4GC5cc
- ↑ https://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/36371-stef-should-talk-about-things-like-transgender-homosexuality-bisexuality-etc/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRW5qMRnIU
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiCCaiG8_4o
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-mxDbgtlvg
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWrqxBBId-g
- ↑ http://youtu.be/15wxWLDmnAE?t=1m3s
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/stefan.molyneux/posts/242827249085001
- ↑ https://freedomainradio.com/old-free/books/FDR_2_PDF_UPB.pdf
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0cgEhzSDL8
- ↑ https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141025/06550928937/anarcho-capitalist-stefan-molyneux-sued-abusing-dmca.shtml
- ↑ http://www.fdrliberated.com/exclusive-stefan-molyneux-sued-for-misrepresentation-defamation/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8Sj9FFmRc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_9VF1uIPpU