Stefan Molyneux (born 1966) is an Irish-Canadian political activist and self-proclaimed philosopher and anarcho-capitalist. He is the host of Freedomain Radio, a series of podcasts where he discusses philosophy, libertarianism, anarchism, atheism, science and relationships (specifically, why women are evil) on a frequent basis. He also regularly writes articles on a variety of right-libertarian websites, and has published several books.
 Controversial and questionable viewpoints
 Family relationships
Arguably, Molyneux's most controversial viewpoint is his interpretation of the non-aggression principle. Molyneux has stated that adults who deem their parents to be physically or psychologically aggressive should cease all connections with them, instead of trying to mend any faulty relationships. His adherence to the non-aggression principle is so extreme that he claims that people who engage or are drawn to contact sports were abused as children and/or had aggressive childhoods. 
Molyneux advises people to abandon all family and friends who are not anarcho-capitalists or not adherents to the non-aggression principle.
Molyneux's attitudes and beliefs, combined with his large circle of followers and their slavish devotion to him led radio host Sam Seder and his associates to characterize him as a cult leader. This charge has been repeated by parents negatively affected by their children abandoning them on Molyneux's advice.
 Men's rights activism
Molyneux is also part of the men's rights movement, and has made outlandish claims about the effect that women have on society.
“”The evil that women are capable of and the evil that women do — not all women — but the evil that women do is generally invisible to society which is why there’s so much violence in society.
He was a speaker at the A Voice For Men 2014 conference.
 Women are the source of evil!
No, really, they are:
“”Woman who choose to breed with assholes will fucking end this race. They will fucking end this human race if we don't stop holding them A fucking accountable. Woman who choose assholes will guaranty child abuse. Woman who choose assholes will guaranty criminality. Sociopathic. Politicians, all the cold hearted jerks who run the world came out at the vaginas of woman who married assholes and I don't know how to make the world a better place without holding woman accountable for choosing assholes. Your dad was an asshole because your mother choose him, because it works on so many woman. If asshole wasn't a great reproductive strategy it would have been gone long ago. Woman keep that black bastard flame alive. They kept their hands around it. They protect it with their bodies. They keep the evil of the species going by continually choosing these guys. If being an asshole didn't get woman there would be no assholes left. If woman chose nice guys over assholes we would have a glorious and peaceful world in one generation. Woman determine the personality rates of the man because woman choose who to have sex with and who to have children with and who to expose those children to. I get you are angry at your dad and you have every reason to be angry at your dad.Your dad is who he is fundamentally because your mother was willing to fuck him and have you. Willing and eager to fuck the monster. Stop fucking monsters we get a great world. Keep fucking monsters we get catastrophes, we get war, we get nuclear weapons, we get national debts, we getting castrations and prison guards and all the other foreign assholes who ruled the world. When at woman worship at the feet of the devil and wonder why the world is evil.
The major flaw within his logic is if this were true then he should be swimming in woman who want to have sex with him. But as we see that's not the case.
Molyneux's arguments in his philosophical piece Universally Preferable Behavior: A Rational Proof for Secular Ethics were criticized heavily by fellow libertarian David Gordon, who claimed they were "preposterously bad". He praised Margaret Thatcher upon her death in 2013, despite claiming to oppose all forms of government.
Molyneux has claimed that Freedomain Radio is the most popular philosophy conversation online in the world, despite there being much evidence to the contrary.
 Mental illness denial
Molyneux has denied that mental illnesses are real, saying there is not enough evidence to prove otherwise. He goes further using this argument to call psychiatry a pseudoscience and has devoted much of his time trying to claim it isn't based on true science, claiming it was a part of a government agenda. This has drawn the ire of many including online scientific skeptic Emil Karlsson of Debunking Denialism who responded with a lengthy refutation of his claims.
Molyneux also has unconventional views on homosexuality, arguing that it is the result of childhood sexual abuse. He later apologized though when contacted by a caller during a radio interview. Apologizing for his comments, he attempted to better clarify his views, saying he had reversed his views on the matter and would do his best to better improve on his treatment of homosexuality. He even promised to edit the video where he made his controversial views to better reflect his ignorance of the previous statements. The video still remains unedited and his fans continue to hold to the views. Molyneux, despite his promises, still remains noticeably uninterested in intervening to correct them.
Taking a page from Objectivists and Insane Clown Posse, he has a problem with modern physics. "Physicists kind of piss me off, 'cause they've always got their fucking pale hands in my goddamn wallet, and stealing from my child's future, indebting her." "You know, go be a fucking engineer, you lazy, pasty bastards. Go do something useful that people wanna buy." 
 DMCA and IP law
However, he also uses IP law in order to censor critics on YouTube by filing DMCA claims against them with the most notable being "TruShibes," who created a YouTube account dedicated to clips documenting Molyneux's questionable behavior and philosophy.
In a textbook case of actions having consequences, TruShibes has filed a case in US federal court against Molyneux for his blatant exploitation of the DMCA to shut down her account, for silencing her and for defaming her afterwards (she is in the US and he is in Canada, but his YouTube activity and income is US-based and constitutes a local presence).
In a presumably unwitting Marxist fashion, Molyneux frequently defends his more unusual political and economic positions with historical examples. These are invariably healthy servings of PIDOOMA. He has, for example, claimed that the First World War was more destructive than the Second, and that the majority of casualties in it were members of the aristocracy. This is a self-evident argument for free trade, apparently.
 The good stuff
Molyneux has claimed to be strongly opposed to America's war efforts and the War on Drugs. He is also immensely skeptical of religious extremism and fundamentalism (despite himself being something of a cult leader), personally advocating strong atheism.
He is able, despite his above mentioned statements regarding the origins of homosexuality, to recognize unjust discrimination against homosexuals.
 See also
- Adam Kokesh: America's answer to Stefan Molyneux and occasional cohort.
 External Links
- Freedomain Radio
- FDR Liberated - A site focusing on refuting the often questionable beliefs, actions and comments of Molyneux and his followers.
- Stefan Molyenux Revealed - Another site that is devoted to providing a counter viewpoint to Stefan Molyneux. It's not been updated since 2013.
- Tru Shibes Archive - backup of youtube channel "Tru Shibes" that Molyneux used IP law to remove.
- Deep Thoughts, By Stefan Molyneux; a Facebook page dedicated to posting Molyneux's most absurd quotes.
- ↑ Freedomain Radio's YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUoZBfz7r0U
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuBO_VbGFI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZASruN-mIA&list=PLtt4FkOJ3fasWxVCWKFpv5Ybo4AqUJ84p
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgTZRYTuCWQ
- ↑ Daily Mail, Guardian, Sky News
- ↑ http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2013/10/08/youtube-mra-stefan-molyneux-blames-miriam-careys-fatal-dc-car-chase-on-rank-female-evil/#more-10134
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Xm6YW2gNw
- ↑ http://ozhouse.org/2013/04/14/stefan-libertard-molyneux-the-state-murders-people-but-thatcher-did-no-such-thing-ok/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCMzPleoKk&list=PL-ASw3fKJNgUixCfOvCL0jZHaCMuLPb82&index=4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOScYBwMyAA
- ↑ http://debunkingdenialism.com/2011/12/16/stefan-molyneuxs-unfortunate-spiraling-into-anti-psychiatry/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzX1pVaKhRY
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQa_NAwDQ9Y
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LqAw4GC5cc
- ↑ https://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/36371-stef-should-talk-about-things-like-transgender-homosexuality-bisexuality-etc/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRW5qMRnIU
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-mxDbgtlvg
- ↑ http://youtu.be/15wxWLDmnAE?t=1m3s
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/stefan.molyneux/posts/242827249085001
- ↑ https://freedomainradio.com/old-free/books/FDR_2_PDF_UPB.pdf
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0cgEhzSDL8
- ↑ https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141025/06550928937/anarcho-capitalist-stefan-molyneux-sued-abusing-dmca.shtml
- ↑ http://www.fdrliberated.com/exclusive-stefan-molyneux-sued-for-misrepresentation-defamation/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8Sj9FFmRc
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_9VF1uIPpU