| Some dare call it|
|What THEY don't want|
you to know!
An aircraft is any machine supported for flight in the air by buoyancy or by the dynamic action of air on its surfaces, especially powered airplanes, gliders, and helicopters. Aircraft range in size and can be both lighter or heavier than the medium they move through. These machines have evolved rapidly since their inception, from the 1903 Wright Flyer to the latest Boeings and Airbuses that zip between continents.
Conspiracies involving aircraft
Given that modern aircraft are usually very sturdy and quite safe, there is usually an uproar of some sort when one decides to disappear, such as Swissair Flight 111. Despite the fact that these are often attributed to pilot error, design oversights, ground operations screw ups, inclement weather, and/or freaky coincidences, there are those that claim that flights have been shot down by the US government and/or that the people that actually do these investigations, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), purposefully covers up things so that we don't know the truth.
One of the the most popular conspiracy theories involving aircraft right now is chemtrails. These involve population control/mind control/geo-engineering chemicals being sprayed all over the world under the guise of air travel and freight operations. Though others involve more direct things such as KAL Flight 007, TWA Flight 800 and United Airlines Flight 93 and 175, and American Airlines Flights 11 and 77.
- See the Wikipedia article on United flight 585.
- See the Wikipedia article on Turkish Airlines Flight 981.
- See the Wikipedia article on American Airlines Flight 191.
- See the Wikipedia article on Air Canada Flight 143.
- See the Wikipedia article on Delta 191.
- See the Wikipedia article on %C3%9Cberlingen mid-air collision.
- See the Wikipedia article on Tenerife airport disaster.
- For a dissection of this level of fractal wrongness which gives the topic exactly the level of seriousness it merits (i.e. none), see World of Batshit - #1: Sky Demons