Bharatiya Janata Party
| It doesn't stop|
at the water's edge
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP, literally "Indian People's Party") is a political party in India. The main agendas of the party are Hindu nationalism and social conservatism. The BJP and its associated organizations often mix mythology with history and religion with science in their politics and public policies.
The Parent organisation of BJP is Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), far-right-wing organization advocating Hindutva, which was banned on three separate occasions and labeled as a terrorist organization.
- 1 History
- 2 Views Towards Women
- 3 Notable Members
- 4 What their leaders say
- 4.1 'Astrology is the topmost science'
- 4.2 'Ancient nuclear test'
- 4.3 'Millennia-ago genetics research enabled in vitro fertilization'
- 4.4 'Ancient cosmetic surgeon successfully grafted elephant head on human body'
- 4.5 'Cow urine and cow dung cure cancer'
- 4.6 'Cow is the only animal to inhale as well as exhale oxygen'
- 4.7 'People who feel unsafe in India should be bombed'
- 4.8 'Kill All Intellectuals'
- 4.9 'Speaking Sanskrit Keeps Diabetes and Cholesterol at Bay'
- 4.10 'Muslims Keeping Cows Is Love Jihad'
- 4.11 'Indian Cow milk contains gold, therefore yellowish in color'
- 4.12 'Maths never helped Einstein discover gravity'
- 4.13 'Children who eat eggs will turn into man-eaters'
- 4.14 'Foreign Cows Are Our Aunties'
- 4.15 'Brahmins Have Different DNA'
- 4.16 'Sun Chants Om'
- 4.17 'Arjun's Arrowhead had Nuclear Power'
- 4.18 'Goddess Lakshmi On Bank Notes'
- 5 External links
- 6 References
- Founded in 1980.
- In 1992, destruction of Babri Mosque.
- In the 1999 general election, the BJP won 183 seats in the parliament and formed the national government. Atal Bihari Vajpayee became the Prime Minister of India.
- In 2001, BJP minister Murli Manohar Joshi tried to introduce astrology as a course in Indian university syllabus. And he succeeded.
- In 2002, communal riots happened in BJP ruled state of Gujarat, leaving 1,044 dead, 223 missing, and 2,500 injured
- In the 2004 general election, the BJP did not get enough seats in the parliament to form the national government.
- In 2007, BJP opposed the demolition of Ram Setu a.k.a. Adam Bridge (India-Sri Lanka border), adding that it will demolish the bridge supposedly built by the Hindu God Rama.
- In the 2014 general election, the BJP won 282 seats and formed the national government. Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India.
- In 2017, BJP imposed a ban on the sale and purchase of cow for slaughter in most states of India, since cow is considered sacred in some Hindu castes.
- In the 2019 general election, the BJP won 303 seats and formed the national govenment. Narendra Modi was re-elected as the Prime Minister of India.
- In 2019, BJP implented a new Citizenship Law that lead to protests and police brutality across the Country, Leaving 25 people dead within a week.
Views Towards Women
“”What if Hindu kings, who occasionally defeated their Muslim counterparts, had also raped their women?
|—Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, One of the daddies of Hindutva Movement.|
BJP has the highest number of elected officials with cases for crimes against Women, Including rape.
Narendra Modi, Current Prime Minister of India.
Kuldeep Singh Sengar
Kuldeep Singh Sengar is an elected BJP MLA who is convicted of rape, murder, attempt to murder, criminal conspiracy and criminal intimidation for raping a minor and killing the victim's father in police custody, murdering two aunts and paralyzing the victim's lawyer after two years, when a truck rammed into the car they were traveling in.
Pragya Singh Takur
Pragya Singh Takur is a member of Parliament and terror accused, who for a brief period was appointed as a member of the Defence Committee before being dismissed for calling Gandhi's Murderer a "Patriot".. She was accused of taking part in the 29 September 2008 western India bombings after her bike was found to be used in the blast and was arrested. In 2017, She was given bail on health grounds. In 2019, she contested the 2019 General Election under BJP and won by a margin of 364,822 votes.
Militant Monk and world class Misgyonist
What their leaders say
'Astrology is the topmost science'
“”Jyotish is a science to make calculations lakhs [100,000s] of years in advance. All other sciences have been dwarfed by our ancient astrologers. Astrology is the number one science for the entire world. We should promote the science… I want to say that astrology is the topmost science in the world.
|—Ramesh Pokhriyal, BJP MP|
'Ancient nuclear test'
“”Today we are talking about nuclear tests. Lakhs of years ago, Sage Kanad had conducted a nuclear test. Our knowledge and science do not lack anything.
|—Ramesh Pokhriyal, BJP MP|
So, according to his argument, the Trinity, the nuclear test conducted in 1945 was not really the first nuclear test. An ancient Indian sage conducted a nuclear test far before Trinity.
'Millennia-ago genetics research enabled in vitro fertilization'
In the Indian epic Mahabharata, a character Karna is described as having born to an unmarried woman. In 2014, India's prime minister Narendra Modi, while delivering a lecture in front of a group of doctors and other professionals, said that Karna's birth outside his mother's womb is the proof of the existence of genetic science in ancient India :
|—Narendra Modi, BJP politician and the 14th Prime Minister of India|
'Ancient cosmetic surgeon successfully grafted elephant head on human body'
Ganesha is a well-known Hindu deity. His body is that of a human and his head is that of an elephant. In 2014, Indian prime minister Narendra Modi suggested that this could be possible because an ancient Indian plastic surgeon transplanted elephant's head on the body of a human being.
“”We worship Lord Ganesha. There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant’s head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery."
|—Narendra Modi, BJP politician and the 14th Prime Minister of India|
'Cow urine and cow dung cure cancer'
“”I am witness to it, cow dung and urine are a 100 per cent cure for cancer.
|—Shankarbhai Vegad, BJP MP|
'Cow is the only animal to inhale as well as exhale oxygen'
In 2017, the education minister of the Indian state of Rajasthan Vasudev Devnani claimed that the cow is the only animal that inhales as well as exhales oxygen.. He underscored the 'scientific significance' of the cow by saying:
“”The cow is the only animal that takes in oxygen and also releases oxygen. ... there is a need to understand the scientific significance of the cow and ensure that the message reaches all people...
|—Vasudev Devnani, education minister of the Indian state of Rajasthan|
“”only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
'People who feel unsafe in India should be bombed'
As a response to the criticism of growing violence across the country, elected BJP MLA Vikram Saini said,
“”My personal view is that those who say they feel unsafe and threatened in India should be bombed. Give me a ministry and I will bomb all such people, not even one will be spared.
'Kill All Intellectuals'
Repeating his party's opinion about Intellectuals, BJP lawmaker Basanagouda Patil Yatnal said,
“”Intellectuals live in this country and use all facilities for which we pay tax. Then they raise slogans against our Army. India faces grave danger from them. If I was Home Minister, I would have issued orders to shoot them.
'Speaking Sanskrit Keeps Diabetes and Cholesterol at Bay'
“”As per a research done by a US-based academic institution, speaking Sanskrit language on a daily basis boosts the nervous system and keeps diabetes and cholesterol at bay.
On the same occasion, he also said,
“”According to a research by US space research organisation NASA, if computer programming is done in Sanskrit, it will be flawless.
'Muslims Keeping Cows Is Love Jihad'
“”Cows in the houses of Muslims should be taken back. When we consider girls from our homes going to their homes as 'love jihad', shouldn't we consider 'gau mata' going to their homes 'love jihad' too? This is love jihad. Cows should be taken back from them at any cost.
'Indian Cow milk contains gold, therefore yellowish in color'
In 2019, Bengal BJP president Dilip Ghosh claimed that milk of Desi cows contain gold, and the hump is responsible for the production of gold.
“”Desi cows have a hump on their back. Foreign breeds do not have a hump and their backs are plain like that of a buffalo. The hump has ‘swarna nari’. When sunlight falls on the hump, it produces gold. That is why the milk of desi cow is yellowish or lightly golden. It contains gold
'Maths never helped Einstein discover gravity'
“”Don’t get into those maths; those maths never helped Einstein discover gravity,” “If he had only gone by structured formulae and what was past knowledge, I don’t think there would have been any innovation in this world
|—Piyush Goyal, Commerce Minister of India.|
'Children who eat eggs will turn into man-eaters'
“”What can you expect from a malnourished government? Today it’s offering eggs; later it may serve chicken and goats… If you offer them eggs from childhood, they will eat flesh when they grow up… they may turn into man-eaters.
'Foreign Cows Are Our Aunties'
In 2019, Bengal BJP president Dilip Ghosh, while explaining the superiority of Indian Cows, said,
“”The breeds of cows that we bring from abroad are not cows. They are a kind of 'janwar' (beast). These foreign breeds don't sound like cows. Those are not our gaumata (mother) but our aunties. It is not good for the country if we worship such aunties.
|— Dilip Ghosh, BJP Politician.|
'Brahmins Have Different DNA'
In 2020, BJP leader and Gujarat Assembly Speaker, while Addressing the “Mega Brahmin Business Summit”(Indian version of White Supremacist Meeting) said Brahmins have different DNA, while adding that most Nobel Prize winners from India are Brahmins.
“”We are born as Brahmins and we have the DNA of Brahmin.
|— Rajendra Trivedi, BJP Politician.|
He didn't miss the opportunity to make another racist remark,
“”Friends, if you have been to Africa, you must have seen the colour and look of the people. You must have seen people in China, you can’t even tell whether their eyes are open or closed. Same is the case with the Japanese. But, when you come back to our Hindustan and go to Punjab, Haryana etc, you will see well-built (kaddavar) people. You must have seen cows in the mountains which are small… look at the cows in the flat area. There are state-wise and country-wise differences in the world. This diversity is due to climate and everyone’s DNA.
|—Rajendra Trivedi, BJP Politician.|
'Sun Chants Om'
“”Nasa Recorded Sound of Sun, SUN CHANTS OM 
'Arjun's Arrowhead had Nuclear Power'
“”Aeroplane was invented in 1910 or 1911, but if we get into our old scriptures… in Ramayana we had ‘uran khatola’ and in Mahabharata we had a situation where Sanjay narrated everything… we had those arrows of Arjuna that had nuclear power. The world can no longer afford to ignore India.
|—Jagdeep Dhankhar, BJP Politician.|
'Goddess Lakshmi On Bank Notes'
BJP politician Subramanian Swamy, who was responding to a question about the picture of Hindu God Ganesha in Indonesian currency said,
“”Prime Minister Narendra Modi can answer this question. I am in favour (of this). Lord Ganesha removes obstacles. I rather say that a picture of Goddess Lakshmi (on currency notes) may improve the condition of Indian currency. Nobody should feel bad about this.
|—Subramanian Swamy, BJP Politician|
- Bharat is the Hindi name for India, Bharatiya is the adjective form which means Indian, janata is a Hindi word which means people
- Modi Puts Hindu Myths at Center of India Politics Newsweek
- Myths made reality, bizarre claims made for ancient India's achievements Hindustan Times
- I. K. Shukla (2003). Hindutva: An Autopsy of Fascism as a Theoterrorist Cult and Other Essays. Media House. pp.105–. ISBN 978-81-7495-143-4. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "Indian Essentials", Penguin Books India, 01-Jan-2010, 9780143065265, page 384
- Gujarat riot death toll revealed 11-05-2005
- BJP opposes move to demolish `Rama Varadhi' 17-4-2007
- Sayantan Bera and Mayank Agarwal (27 May 2017). "Centre’s ban on sale of cattle for slaughter at animal markets will cripple buffalo trade". Live Mint. http://www.livemint.com/Politics/4v0RpNGZ6CGXzMWCbj2x0K/Centre-restricts-cattle-trade-at-animal-markets-bans-sale-f.html.
- "Centre bans sale of cows for slaughter at animal markets, brings restrictions on cattle trade". Hindustan Times. 26 May 2017. http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/centre-bans-cow-slaughter-across-india-cows-can-be-sold-only-to-farmers/story-8sFXJxiNmZ8eD6NXDgbvnL.html. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- Not just CAA, it’s a struggle against authoritarianism: Academics unite against police brutalityCAA Protests
- Reading Savarkar: How a Hindutva icon justified the idea of rape as a political toolScroll
- BJP has highest number of MPs and MLAs with cases of crimes against women, says studyIndia Today
- Expelled BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar Convicted In Unnao Rape Case NDTV
- Sadhvi Pragya out of defence panel after calling Nathuram Godse a patriot, fired from BJP soon? India Today
- 2008 Malegaon blast: Judge examines Sadhvi Pragya's bike which allegedly was laden with explosives India Today
- Election results: Pragya Thakur wins from Bhopal against Digvijaya Singh Business Today
- Astrology topmost science, ancient sage did nuclear test: BJP MP Pokhriyal's gems of wisdom Firstpost
- Astrology topmost science, PM Narendra Modi right on Ganesh surgery: Pokhriyal Indian Express
- Jyotish is the Hindi term for astrology.
- Indian prime minister claims genetic science existed in ancient times The Guardian
- Cow dung, urine can cure cancer: BJP MP The Hindu
- Cow only animal that inhales, exhales oxygen: Rajasthan minister The Indian Express
- Cow only animal to inhale, exhale oxygen, should get ‘rashtra mata’ status: BJP leader The Tribune
- People who feel unsafe in India should be bombed: BJP MLA from Muzaffarnagar Indian Express
- Would Have Got Intellectuals Shot If I Were Home Minister: BJP Lawmaker NDTV
- Speaking Sanskrit Keeps Diabetes and Cholesterol at Bay News 18
- Muslims keeping cows is love jihad: Barabanki BJP leader India Today
- BJP Bengal chief Dilip Ghosh’s latest: ‘Desi cow milk contains gold, therefore yellowish in colour’Indian Express
- Maths never helped Einstein discover gravity: Piyush GoyalThe Hindu
- MP BJP leader: Children who eat eggs may turn into man-eaters Indian Express
- Foreign Cows "Not Our Mothers But Aunties": Bengal BJP ChiefNDTV
- Gujarat Assembly Speaker Claims Brahmins Have 'Different DNA'The Wire
- Sound of Sun Twitter
- Flying objects existed during Ramayana days, Arjun’s arrow had nuclear power: West Bengal governor Indian Express
- Lakshmi on banknotes may improve condition of Indian currency: Subramanian Swamy Telegraph
|Articles on RationalWiki about Hindu nationalism|
|Bal Thackeray - David Frawley - Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh - Hindu University of America - Hindutva - Narendra Modi - Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - Sanskrit - Savitri Devi - Vishwa Hindu Parishad of America - Yogi Adityanath|