There is no RationalWiki without you. We are a small non-profit with no staff – we are hundreds of volunteers who document pseudoscience and crankery around the world every day. We will never allow ads because we must remain independent. We cannot rely on big donors with corresponding big agendas. We are not the largest website around, but we believe we play an important role in defending truth and objectivity.
If everyone who saw this today donated $5, we would meet our goal for 2021.
| Fighting pseudoscience isn't free.|
We are 100% user-supported! Help and donate $5, $20 or whatever you can today with !
| Christ died for|
our articles about
|Devil's in the details|
|The pearly gates|
Frank Turek is a Christian apologist and anti-atheist. He co-authored the book I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist with Norman Geisler and has a television show with the same name on the Christian cable channel, NRB Network.
He also runs the website CrossedExamined.org which hosts a daily podcast. The CrossExamined podcast is a daily feature on American Family Radio, the evangelical right wing radio organ of the American Family Association hate group. He also has a YouTube channel with over 100,000 subscribers and over 17 million views.
Turek is stridently opposed to atheism and atheists. His YouTube channel has videos in which he debates and answers atheists with factually inaccurate and laughably fallacious arguments. Turek also seems to hold the popular Christian belief that morality is objective and that atheists have no morals or "moral compass" to "guide" their ethical decision-making.
Turek is also a Young Earth Creationist and an intelligent design activist. He even claims to have once traveled to Iran in search of the fabled Noah's Ark. Furthermore, many of the people whom he deems to be the "top 20 Christian apologists" in his personal blog appear to be pro-creation as well. Among these so-called "top 20" are the following:
True to his type, Turek is also quite homophobic; he has written articles for Townhall.com, a far-right website in which wingnuts and broflakes rant about the evils of them
goatdamn goddamn libruls and other assorted anti-'Murican bogeymen. These articles were later republished on Voice of Revolution, Michael Brown's homophobic website.
CrossedExamed.org is a non-profit website founded by none other than Turek himself. According to their official mission statement, they exist "to address the problem that 3-out-of-4 Christian youth leave the church while in college, many because they are intellectually skeptical."[note 2]
A few articles
- Secular Leftists Demand Christian Student Senator Resign For Disagreeing With Them: Christian student is being persecuted by teh evul leftist fascists and teh homosexual agenda.
- The Darwin Tales: An article about "scientists" Stephen C. Meyer, Tom Bethell, and Jonathan Wells showing why Darwin is wrong.
- If God created the universe who created God: "God was just there all along."
- How Sunday Schools Are Raising the Next Generation of Secular Humanists.: This article was tackled by YouTuber, Mr. Atheist.
- Even just the title of the book begs the question: How exactly does two men/women who love each other getting married affect the marriage of a heterosexual couple?
- Really? The core beliefs of young people are changing and they're starting to think critically and ask questions as they grow up? Oh the humanity!
- CrossExamined radio program and podcast. crossexamined.org.
- Cross Examined on YouTube. 115,804 subscribers and 17,779,635 views as of 16 May 2019.
- Frank Turek Answers Atheist's 3 Objections to Christianity on YouTube.
- Does the Vastness of the Universe Prove Naturalism? on YouTube.
- A Challenge To The Moral Argument.
- Discussing Morality w/Atheist; Atheist Gives Surprising Response
- How Old is the Universe? on YouTube.
- This Christian Mommy Blog Thinks You Aren't Indoctrinating Kids Hard Enough on YouTube