|The divine comedy|
Jonathan Wells is a member of the Discovery Institute and a follower of Rev. Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church, and a prominent advocate of intelligent design, as well as the author of Icons of Evolution and Regnery Publishing's Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design.[note 1]
Along with Michael Behe, he is one of the few in the movement with demonstrably legitimate credentials (he has a Ph.D. in biological science). Wells completed the Ph.D. for the sole purpose of "debunking" evolution. Despite his credentials, he has been caught bullshitting or outright lying on many occasions, and his books are generally considered garbage by mainstream science.
Wells has also lent his support to the cause of AIDS denialism.
He also claims to expose the "lie about overwhelming amounts of evidence for evolution".
- Wells' profile at the Discovery Institute
- Talk Origins' page on Wells
- The Panda's Thumb debunking of his PIG
- YouTube video: A Critique of Darwinist Icons (Icons of Evolution book highlights)
- To see a chapter by chapter review and critique, see the work of Cartwright here
- Jonathan Wells, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design. Regnery Publishing, 21 August 2006. ISBN 1596980133
- "[Reverend Moon, creepily referred to here as "Father]'s" words, my studies, and my prayers convinced me that I should devote my life to destroying Darwinism, just as many of my fellow Unificationists had already devoted their lives to destroying Marxism." Darwinism: Why I Went for a Second Ph.D., Jonathan Wells
- Nick Matzke, Icon of Obfuscation: Jonathan Wells's book Icons of Evolution and why most of what it teaches about evolution is wrong. talk.origins, 23 January 2024.