“”…it's just that the new monotony is so intensely sustained that you can't get bored…
|—Lester Bangs on the Stooge's Fun House album|
Random factoid: Did you know… that the Song of Roland portrays Charlemagne as fighting against Muslims at the Battle of Roncevaux, though he was allied with an Abbasid governor and the conflict actually involved Basques?
Bored? Nothing to do? Well, there are things you can do to help out around RationalWiki, and maybe even educate yourself a little too:
- Research and write an article about something.
- If you don't have a subject in mind, pick one from the wanted pages, or the "to do" list. This is a list of links that people have created for articles that don't exist yet.
- Have a look through the articles nominated for deletion or non-mission articles and comment on their talk page or improve them if you can.
- Read a few of our articles (some of them are actually interesting), and improve/expand/correct/copyedit them if you find they need it.
- Update your user page, or build some new userboxes.
- Click here (or the "Random page" button to the left) and see where it takes you.
- Start at a random point on Special:Allpages and read (and improve) as many articles as you can be bothered.
Other ways of reducing boredom:
- go down the pub or the local Saloon
- put on a (porno?) DVD
- make out
- join Conservapedia & argue (it only lasts seconds but it's fun)
- disprove relativity
- build a particle accelerator
- breed (with?) a goat
- read a book
- write a book
- learn to play a musical instrument
- sit staring blankly into space
- get a life!
- create your own wiki
- install Gentoo
- play Tetris (shown to improve rational thinking!)
Being uberKewl How to avoid boredom
- Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung: The Work of a Legendary Critic: Rock'N'Roll as Literature and Literature as Rock 'N'Roll by Lester Bangs (1987) Knopf. ISBN 039453896X. p. 46.