“”…it's just that the new monotony is so intensely sustained that you can't get bored…
|—Lester Bangs on the Stooge's Fun House album|
Random factoid: Did you know… that President Gerald Ford and his primary satirist, Chevy Chase, appeared at a conference (Humor and the Presidency) together?
Bored? Nothing to do? Well, there are things you can do to help out around RationalWiki, and maybe even educate yourself a little too:
- Research and write an article about something.
- If you don't have a subject in mind, pick one from the wanted pages, or the "to do" list. This is a list of links that people have created for articles that don't exist yet.
- Have a look through the articles nominated for deletion or non-mission articles and comment on their talk page or improve them if you can.
- Read a few of our articles (some of them are actually interesting), and improve/expand/correct/copyedit them if you find they need it.
- Update your user page, or build some new userboxes.
- Click here (or the "Random page" button to the left) and see where it takes you.
- Start at a random point on Special:Allpages and read (and improve) as many articles as you can be bothered.
Other ways of reducing boredom:
- go down the pub or the local Saloon
- put on a (porno?) DVD
- make out
- join Conservapedia & argue (it only lasts seconds but it's fun)
- disprove relativity
- build a particle accelerator
- breed (with?) a goat
- read a book
- write a book
- learn to play a musical instrument
- sit staring blankly into space
- get a life!
- create your own wiki
- install Gentoo
- play Tetris (shown to improve rational thinking!)
Being uberKewl How to avoid boredom
- Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung: The Work of a Legendary Critic: Rock'N'Roll as Literature and Literature as Rock 'N'Roll by Lester Bangs (1987) Knopf. ISBN 039453896X. p. 46.