Love Has Won
|Dolphins and money|
Love Has Won is a New Age cult, based primarily in Crestone, Colorado. For 15 years, its central figure was Amy Carlson (1975–2021[note 1]), purported to be the 534th incarnation of "Mother God," a divine being on a multibillion-year mission to save humanity. The group has a substantial media presence with daily "Energy Update" live streams, a sketchy website,[note 2] and a lifestyle brand peddling various alternative medicines and objects of woo.
Their headquarters in Crestone was Amy Carlson's residence, shared with her core group of devotees, referred to as "the First Contact Ground Crew Team" internally. Vice describes the headquarters as "a chaotic house" where members "are required to leave their old lives behind and instead concentrate on bringing in money and pandering to Carlson’s every need."
Beliefs and practices
Mother God is the supreme deity of Love Has Won, but not the only deity. Amy Carlson claimed to be her current avatar, sent to Earth to fight "the Cabal" and bring about spiritual ascension of its inhabitants. Other deities include:
- Father God, Mother God's consort. At least two of Carlson's lovers have been regarded as incarnations of Father God.
- Master Saint Germain, the "Master of the Violet Flame." Seemingly a god of justice and alchemy, but it's unclear what else he does besides wearing a snazzy purple uniform.
- Kryon/Kryola, a creation of Lee Carroll, the author who coined the term "Indigo child".
- Robin Williams, the late comedian. Carlson claimed to have seen him appear in her room soon after hearing the news of his death, and claimed he said he was murdered. He's regarded as an archangel who now lives on Ceres as a centaur.
Mother God's woo sessions
The deities of Love Has Won constitute "the Galactic Federation of Light Team" and Mother God's "surgical team." The "etheric surgeries" they supposedly assisted Carlson with are essentially psychic surgeries performed via a phone/Skype call to treat spiritual ailments that most people supposedly have thanks to "the Cabal".
Etheric surgeries are one of a few services one can get from Carlson by booking a phone/Skype session for upwards of $70 an hour, which range from "quantum numerology" to "overcoming addiction" (knockoff-psychotherapy) to "twin flame" (for finding one's soulmate).
Love Has Won's basic beliefs are outlined by their Universal Laws and various Divine Decrees. The Universal Laws aren't particularly original, with many recognizably similar to other New Age and spiritual movements. As these are extensive, here are the highlights that can be translated into plain language:
- "Support honesty and Truth." Translation: be a sincere believer. "Truth" refers to Love Has Won's doctrine.
- "Support Mother Earth and Heaven" and "Support Un-conditional[ ] Love and GOD." Translation: worship Carlson/Mother God and the rest of the mishmashed pantheon.
- "Support who you truly are as Gods/Goddesses." Translation: be grateful you're one of us, the good guys.
- "Support Beauty, Perfect health, and Healing." Translation: buy our supplements and book Etheric Surgeries to get rid of your/your kid's/your pet's Cabal Cooties.
- "Support Vision, Faith, and Miracles." Translation: buy sessions with Carlson so she can play surgeon, therapist, and/or matchmaker.
- "Support True Freedom and Live life Real." Translation: devote every aspect of your life to the cult, and regard others as brainwashed for not doing the same.
- Support Angels and all Who serve The Highest Good." Translation: take the word of Carlson and her inner circle to heart with no questions.
- The "Universal Laws Governing Duality:" tl;dr everything is connected to everything else; all spiritual energy is cyclical; one's thoughts and words must match their actions; free will is a thing, but anything bad that happens to you is your fault for misusing it and breaking Universal Law; any doubt is a "test of initiation" to help you grow spiritually; everything is male or female. See also 12 Universal Laws.
There are two sets of Decrees. The New Earth Decrees call for the dissolution of ego to stop all conflict, and for all of humanity to be led and partnered up by Mother God. The Second Set of Divine Decrees call for a spontaneous end to war, religion, corporations, and greed, as well as demanding proof of the various conspiracy theories that Love Has Won claims are true (see below).
- Chakra-related woo, including essential oils
- Colloidal silver, titanium, gold, and iridium
- Crystals, including ones encased in big, useless resin pyramids
- Herbal supplements (yerba maté, wild lettuce leaf, blueberry), and L-theanine (exracted from green tea)
- "Plasma Healing Spray" and "Plasma Water" — apparently some type of water woo
Love Has Won is known to support many conspiracy theories, sometimes with their own caveats.
- 9/11 trutherism — One of the group's decrees calls for "The Entire 9/11 Truth" to be revealed or else the US government will be abolished.
- UFOs — the aforementioned decree also demands the revealing of an alleged "UFO Conspiracy Cover~Up[sic]" or else the government will be abolished.
- The Illuminati put a "Dream Machine" in the Pyramids while Atlantis still existed — They seriously claim exactly this in Decree 7 of the Second Set of Decrees. Supposedly this machine puts all of humanity in a stupor and joining Love Has Won is a sign that you've broken out of said stupor.
- QAnon is legitimate and Donald Trump is one of the cosmic good guys — Despite the anarcho-communistic tone of some of the group's more overtly political decrees, Love Has Won is very much pro-Trump. Searching for references to Trump on their now-moribund website turned up 64 articles, several of which recycle QAnon talking points about Trump's "cosmic purpose". The cult believes that one of Mother God's previous avatars was the queen of Lemuria and that Trump was the queen's father in a past life.
A (mother) god complex
Love Has Won has gained considerable media attention from the reckless and abusive behavior of Amy Carlson, much in contrast with the cult's calls for world peace, spreading love, etc. Vice's documentary extensively documented her screaming abuse at her followers for disobedience. She's also seen referring to non-followers as "spiritual ego whores". Despite other members claiming that Love Has Won is entirely drug-free, Carlson reportedly drank copious amounts of vodka every night, enough to make her "lose her cognitive abilities" and coordination. Her followers explained this away by claiming she consumed alcohol as a "natural painkiller."
Carlson's body was found in April 2021; she died at the age of 45. It's unknown what Love Has Won will do to replace her; they neglected to announce her death, and the news only broke when Carlson's body was found in her home by local law enforcement on April 29th. She had been "dead for weeks" when found, and seven members were arrested for abuse of a corpse and child abuse that day:
- Jason Castillo (a.k.a. Father of All Creation, a.k.a. Father God, a.k.a. Pops)
- Ma Obdulia Franco-Gonzalez
- Ryan Kramer (a.k.a. El Morya)
- Karin Raymond
- John Robertson (a.k.a. Hilarion, a.k.a. Father of the Multiverse)
- Christopher Royer
- Sarah Rudolph
Isn't it embarrassing when one of your cult's gods pickles herself on colloidal silver and vodka, then dies and gets lit up like a Christmas tree… and another one (or more) gets arrested for corpse and child abuse?
- Love Has Won — archived copies of the Love Has Won website
- Rising Above Love Has Won — support for Love Has Won leavers
- Crestone Cult Love Has Won Leaves Man to Die in Desert by Be Scofield (July 23, 2020) The Guru Magazine — former McDonalds manager makes bad.
- Love Has Won Cult Kicked Off Kauai After Fleeing Crestone by Be Scofield (September 7, 2020) The Guru Magazine.
- Inside the Crestone Cult Raid that Led to a Deceased Body by Be Scofield (May 3, 2021) The Guru Magazine.
- Her corpse was reportedly mummified and adorned with Christmas lights, so the exact date of death is unknown.
- Said site, lovehaswon.org, was a decent source of basic information on what the group believes, and much of the initial research in this article came from reading their site. Now that it's gone and archived, you can safely visit certain pages, but while the site was active, User:ZoeTheWobbly's antivirus was set off while trying to look at it.
- Police say Colorado-based group, Love Has Won, has departed Hawaii (Sept. 7, 2020) Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
- 'Love Has Won' Cult Members Arrested After Mummified Remains Found Inside Crestone Home: Witness Says Body Is That Of Leader Lia Carlson by Audra Streetman (May 4, 2021 at 10:49 am) CBS Denver.
- Watch Our New Documentary About 'Love Has Won', a Group Former Members Call a Cult: Amy Carlson leads the web-savvy New Age group, which former members have accused of abuse, fraud and brainwashing. by Simon Doherty (March 23, 2021, 5:52am) Vice.
- Our Team Love Has Won: Mother Of All Creation & those who have heard their calling to hold space for her during Mission (archived from September 21, 2020).
- Master of the Violet Flame, Chohan of the Seventh Ray Love Has Won (archived from October 30, 2020).
- Kryon ~ AKA Kryola! Love Has Won (archived from October 28, 2020).
- Robin Williams Love Has Won (archived from October 31, 2020).
- Etheric Surgery with Mother & Father of ALL Creation Love Has Won (archived from December 23, 2020).
- Understanding Universal Laws Love Has Won (archived from January 20, 2021).
- Gaia's Whole Healing Essentials (archived from November 14, 2020).
- Gaia's Whole Healing Supplements Gaia's Whole Healing Essentials (archived from October 1, 2020).
- Crestone Cult Love Has Won Leaves Man to Die in Desert by Be Scofield (July 22, 2020) The Guru Magazine.
- Who, Really, IS Donald Trump? And Why Does it Matter? by Ann Kreilkamp (August 14, 2020) Love Has Won (archived from January 24, 2021). "Especially fascinating to me, his perspective on details of Trump’s world travels to various nations around the world to bring their leaders into alignment with The Plan to Save the World — or else!"
- Introduction to the Mother of All Creation (Jun 2, 2020) YouTube.
- An Introduction to Mother of All Creation with The First Contact Ground Crew
- Daily Beast: "Decayed Corpse of 'Cult' Leader Found in Colorado HQ" by Carol McKinley (Updated May. 01, 2021 7:36PM ET; Published Apr. 30, 2021 7:08PM ET) THe Daily Beast.
- Mummified corpse of cult leader found wrapped in Christmas lights in Colorado by Jackie Salo (May 4, 2021 | 12:36pm) New York Post.
- Status of LHW members currently in custody Reddit. Mugshot identifications by Cletus Jorobado, May 3, 2021.
- "Love Has Won" Cult Leader Found Deceased Near Crestone, Members Arrested by Be Scofield (April 30, 2021) The Guru Magazine.