|Frogs, clowns, and swastikas|
|Rebuilding the Reich, one meme at a time|
|Buzzwords and dogwhistles|
Sonnenkrieg Division is a British Neo-Nazi organisation founded some time in 2018. The origins of Sonnenkrieg (German for "sun war") lie with the collapse of the alliance between System Resistance Network (a post-ban splinter of National Action) and the American group, Atomwaffen Division. Sonnenkrieg formed from SRN members that still supported the alliance.
Based on information available to the press, Sonnenkrieg is led by Andrew Dymock, an alleged former member of National Action, with propaganda pictures made by alleged former SRN member Oskar Koczorowski. In December 2018, the BBC went public about a months-long investigation which infiltrated a far-right Discord server, in which members posted artwork calling for the assassination of Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and the murder of police. The police were contacted, and three arrests were made on 6 December.
It was proscribed by the British government in February 2020, with the Home Office calling it a "right-wing terrorist group". The Australian government introduced a similar ban in March 2021; home office minister Peter Dutton explained: "They have a presence that we’re particularly worried about in the UK, but their reach goes into the minds of young people and Australians here".
- Twitter: Looks like System Resistance Network, the new iteration of the banned UK neo-Nazi group National Action, has severed ties with Atomwaffen having previously been casting themselves as their UK wing. It’s due to the satanic direct Atomwaffen went in.
- BBC - British Neo-Nazis suggest Prince Harry should be shot
- BBC - Police investigating right-wing activity arrest three men on terror charges
- Order to proscribe far-right terrorist group comes into force, UK government press release, 28 February 2020
- US neo-Nazi group should be banned in UK, home secretary says, BBC News, 19 April 2021
- Australia plans to add far-right group Sonnenkrieg Division to list of terrorist organisations, The Guardian, 2 Mar 2021
- Australia bans far-right extremist Sonnenkrieg Division, Deutsche Welle, 22 Mar 2021